2020 Stash Management - Page 162
Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164165172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2718
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol also makes room for the new yarn I need to stash!! most of the yarn was from a basket on top of the armoire of yarn ..you know open the door and explosion ;p so will stash more there.

switching work days cus roofers showed up cus dry yesterday and today but babysitting them because their version of clean is not mine or dhs. so will work tomorrow. chilly though sunny so cats came back in to nap this morning.

so working on the rectangle granny in between housework and pvr'd shows of mine. dh has work stress so grumpy when home. finishing the spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker so dinner or there is taco or chinese food leftovers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - hope your arm gets better soon. Not quite soup weather yet in my area, although I love soups. Next week is looking like the beginning of soup weather. Then again, the forecasts for the past few weeks started out as being cool then the temps ended up being warmer than forecast.

I did pick up the fresh ginger this past Saturday. I think I'll stick to ordering their dried herbs since I don't want to drive all that way to pick up the fresh stuff. (They don't ship their fresh produce.) I normally pick up my fresh ginger from my local farmers market but wasn't sure if I would be able to get it there this year due to the pandemic. I think I saw that one of the vendors has turmeric on the market's FB page.

Nearly finished skein #3 on the lapgan. I should finish it either tonight or tomorrow and be able to start skein #4. I think I won't need all the skeins for this lapgan. Not sure what I will do with the remainders though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so jealous of soup and hot tea weather. After a bit of cool weather weíre back in the mid 80s. It may slip down to the 70s next week. I got the blackberry sage and pineapple tea but they are not the least bit appealing. I need ice. The other two will come with a subscription order next week.

I have a medical appointment Monday and that should be my last obligation until spring. I had hoped to finish stocking the freezer and pantry this week and next, but it may have to wait, covid or not. Driving is probably going be a literal pain in the butt. Iíll see how it goes Monday.

Iím going to dump the twelve days of HAED. I need to keep working on the WIPs and I want to work on a non HAED I have started. I will still start the rain lady and seashells. I havenít stitched anything since I fell because I really canít sit in the recliner. I ordered a donut pillow that came today, and it helps a little, but not really enough. Iím not comfortable stitching sitting at the table and unless Iím there Iím on my stomach on the bed listening to books, working word puzzles, messing about on the phone. Probably the break is good. Iíll just have to find other things to do for now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished skein #3 and started skein #4 on my lapgan. I think I probably won't use all the skeins I have in my stash. I'll see if I can add the leftovers to a new 'rag-bag' afgan later on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some "quilting" done on dgd's quilt. Finally all the pins are out. Need to quilt in the other direction. I'm just doing straight lines on each side of the seams. I wish I had a frame and could tie the quilt instead, but this works. It's not always pretty, but she'll know grandma made it. I need to get one for my other dgd. Then I'm thinking of doing some small baby quilts and put them away for my great grandchildren. I've already made a quilt for ds#2, if he ever has children. Maybe I'll try to get a little done on dgd's quilt today. It should go faster with no pins to remove or get stuck on.

I've thought about pulling out my "ugly" afghan. I'm using leftover yarn and just crochet until it runs out and then add the next one. The next color is whatever I grab. That's why I call it the "ugly" afghan. Haven't crocheted in years. Did a square exchange years ago, but never put it together. I think I was doing a border around each block before I put them together. Can't remember. So many projects.

I also have some cross stitch I never finished. Would like to finish that one day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Life is full of yet more surprises. I was finally sick enough today that I went to the ER and they’re keeping me. The hospital is busy and five and a half hours later, I’m still in the ER room, full of fluids, antibiotics, anti-nausea and pain meds. They said though if I can’t get a room tonight, they will move a hospital bed in here if so it will be more comfortable. Lots of tests done, MRI during the night or in the morning. Something is impacting a bile duct and I’m somewhat jaundiced. Very likely surgery coming. So the stitching may be on hold for quite awhile. I can probably do the blackwork.

There are a couple of WIPs I’m really not enjoying stitching, the dragon queen and universe and in a jar. I’m putting them in time out. Yesterday I put all the thread for the dragon queen back in the stash, and I’ll do the same with the other eventually. Last night I also remembered another from long ago - covered in green, The landscape with all green trees. That’s one I really liked.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, so sorry to hear you're in the hospital. Hope they can find you a room so you can rest. Will be thinking of you.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, CH. I probably got special treatment on the room. Jomar, one of my neighbors who works here, knows everyone, and seems to be a favorite, and Sr Sharon - yes, a nun - loved by all and who used to be something or other in the administration here, were both with me. The nurse just said with some surprise that I was lucky o get a room. Some have down in ER for 24 hours because there’s nowhere to put them. Lucky? I think it’s who I know, but I wasn’t consulted and im not complaining - lol. Or maybe not. But all the friends in the world couldn’t get me a gown. It’s weird to be in the bed with shorts and a tee - and wearing a mask. At least they take covid seriously in the hospital. There aren’t many covid patients here at present - Louisiana hasn’t hit the next big wave yet.

Jomar was off yesterday but works today so he will bring me a phone charger so I can listen to books, blackwork and word puzzles. If they didn’t keep drawing blood, this might be a reasonably nice hotel. Room service is good. And now I’ll shut up about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC, glad you are getting medical attention and have friends close by.
    I finished the quilted pillow as intended, it's in the foyer on the bench with some plain pillows. Lots of windows & sunlight there so good to sit for hand sewing if there is a lot to do. Back to knitting the scarf, I think it will be long enough if I finish the skein.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, so sorry you're in the hospital but at least you're being well treated. I hope they can get you fixed up and home again quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC. Glad to see that you are getting good care.Keep us informed if you can will be praying for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad you are getting fixed up dcompton..you have been ill for a while and you are taken well cared for! think too more if you are a senior etc they want you out of ER so you don't catch anything since most basic things are way worse for seniors.

cold and wet here. moved my car so the guys could removed the big bin from in front of neighbours from roofing. dang though maybe we could put a couple things in it. dh has been working a lot this week so no time. may go to fabricland w kids and friend ..need to ship the yarn package. work on wips.. halloween decor need putting up. rearranging basement.. really need to declutter too. but will see lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - hope everything goes well and you can get home soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dcomp - I am mostly a lurker on this board but wanted to offer you some healing vibes.
    Hope the hospital stay will be short and successful.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cold and wet today, not getting much done. Shoulder is out of whack or something. New electric blanket came, just want to roll up in it and sleep.

Found a craft site last night that had a bunch of stuff I liked and had never seen before so I placed a rather large order. I'm excited for the possibilities. It's mostly doo-dads for dollhouse crafting, but there's some jewelry stuff too.

Hope you're home soon, DC.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH