2020 Stash Management - Page 163
Page 163 of 184 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163164165166173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2751
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stupidly looked at HAED today, because I couldn't recall which pattern was D's universe in a jar. I found a sewing room pattern. I'm debating, but the fact even the skinny version has 75,835,369 colors and is stitched on fabric I don't have that has 4,000 squares per inch will probably be enough discouragement to resist.

Nothing much going on around here. I think my arm is slightly better but still not close to as good as it was before I fell, so I'm still not doing anything. I slept through 4 chapters of my book today. That's frustrating and I hate it. I guess I can only listen to a book if I'm doing something to keep me awake.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC

I hope you get better soon.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found this article on masks helpful and interesting. I think I'm going to make some masks using woven cotton with flannel in between. Then we won't have to mess with coffee filter liners, which never made a lot of sense to me anyway. I suppose they're better than nothing, just because of adding a layer.

https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/ar...ct-the-wearer/

So frustrating people refuse to do something as simple as putting on a mask, but then whine about the economy tanking and kids not being safe to go to school. Cause and effect, people. It's not a difficult concept.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Flannel will make a nice warm mask for winter. I predict there will be less complaining when the first icy winds hit people's faces. I've been considering fleece, myself. I have a stash of pieces I bought a long time ago for baby toys, plus leftover flannel from making pjs.

Have a good weekend everyone.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going through skein #4 pretty quickly on the lapgan. The lapgan itself is coming along quickly as well.

Bought a new mattress today. My old mattress is pretty old and I started feeling at least one spring coming through. Sigh. The new mattress is a foam/spring hybrid which I hope will last as long as my old one. It should provide the "memory foam" comfort on top and still provide the support of a spring mattress. It was on the higher end of things, without going all out like the Temperpedic foam mattresses. And they will deliver it tomorrow, rather than me having to wait a week to get it. So, I'm looking forward to the new mattress which I hope will lead to better sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, a good mattress is worth every penny. Nice to hear your lapgan project is going well.

My quest this weekend is to find the quilting hoop that came with my machine and see if it is useful for anything. It may or may not be in the original box from 20 yrs ago. And I have postcard collages to finish. I should be getting those mailed soon. Was digging around and thought about a halloween floral display for the kitchen table. I think I have black roses.... maybe.... somewhere? Found a bright orange bandana I bought in Mexico decades ago, that will make a nice topper once it is ironed out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I need a new mattress but it’s not happening right now.

Still trapped in the hospital. I don’t know when they will spring me. I had blackwork sent to me, but so far I haven’t been able to work on it. The first couple of days I was still to sick and mostly slept. Yesterday they moved the IV to my right arm where I think it will really be in the way. Maybe I can try it later today, but I’m not very hopeful about it.

My awesome friends and neighbors spent yesterday deep cleaning my house and starting some painting that needed to be done outside. I don’t deserve them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - hope you feel better soon. How wonderful that your friends and neighbors are helping with the house. The mattresses will be there when you're ready.

Right now, my mattress will be here soon. The mattress was on sale (still on the high side, price-wise) and they offered next day service. I got an email around 7 am stating my delivery window is 8-9:30 am. Yay!! They weren't kidding about the next day service!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope they get you fixed up soon, D. So much love and caring in your little neighborhood.

Mom landed in the ER yesterday. We don't really understand it all, but it sounds like something with her pacemaker. Pacemaker clinic insisted she go by ambulance, so she ended up with 6 EMTs and 2 cops in her house she's worked so hard to keep people out of. Docs concluded it's not a huge deal. She sees our doc Friday, the best doc in town. Her doc, one of the worst, didn't have time for her. This is lucky, in our opinion. Hope she doesn't have to go to Duluth. Covid is so bad in that hospital right now it was featured on MSNBC a few days ago. She's 92 and frail. I hate this, and I hate every single person not taking it seriously, including and especially so-called "leaders" working overtime to convince gullible people to just ignore the entire problem instead of digging in to help solve it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I hope your mother is ok. I am a firm believer in masks, but I have to say they’re wearing a bit thin on me right now. They are required at all times in the hospital except when eating and such. So all day, all night in a mask. I never thought I would be sleeping in one - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - good luck to your mom. I'm glad she's seeing your doctor and doesn't have to go to Duluth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, D and Ren.

I thought about you having to wear a mask 24/7, D. But at least they're following science there. If only everyone would.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your mom, SD. Glad she got immediate care, even if it wasn't considered serious, and that you've found a better care provider for her.

Glad to hear from you, too, DC. Your neighbors are amazing people.

I did not find my quilt hoop, I suspect it is in the hall closet blocked by the book case DH brought up from the basement last month. I did, however, put together a nice little floral centerpiece for the table, using a halloween candy basket, some orange mums, maple leaves and black feathers I had on hand. We'll change the table tonight.

Covid is getting worse here, too, or at least the numbers are going up. They said this week ~21% of the people tested had come up positive, which was considered very high. I have not seen anybody without a mask (unless they were alone, at a distance) in months, not that I have been out a lot lately. I'm glad I switched to seeing my providers at the smaller suburban clinics and not the downtown hospitals where the sick people are kept.

And I noticed we haven't heard a peep out of the anti-vaxxers in months....

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I turned the cross-stitch "Thankful"/fall leaves piece into a small simple table runner today. Better done than fancy, I can put candlsticks or votives on the plain bordering sections. The back is just one piece of the print. 2020 Stash Management-img_1247.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dcompton hope you are feeling better! lovely neighbours! spirited..that must have freaked you out plus yes no one wants to be somewhere you can get the virus. esp at her age. maybe it was the pacemaker battery. hope she is ok.

yes virus is going up here too but they say cus of weddings etc from contact tracing. basically people not willing to give up bigger events. though masks are more and more here.. get the sideeye if you don't wear one now though cases aren't as bad as other places.

love the needlework runner..will work for many months as decor. ch your centerpiece sounds lovely. we put out more outside halloween decor but still more to do and house looks like bomb dropped in. sunny but chilly this weekend so cats making a fuss. got the basement rearranged but still a mess. more just wanted the furniture moved. offered exercise bike and pokemon game plus costume to reno guy so he came and got it so nice! went though halloween costumes and 4 in thrift box. 3 star wars and a skeleton..will bring to beavers and if not gone take to value village. 2 dead vcrs to someone else today for fixing or his maker group..together they make one working one. 2 diff problems. so progress.

have to go though some craft stuff though..dd too literally a trash bag full of bits and pieces of fleece like little bits so she need to go though and figure it out. she bought 2 yards each of more fleece when she only needed 1/2 a yard so more fleece. there are bins of it downstairs. liquidation world flyer came so dh wants to go..too look for jackets.