2020 Stash Management - Page 164
Page 164 of 197 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2948
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think people are getting exhausted of the restrictions and doing things they may not have done back in March and April. (Some probably would have though, either way.) I know two couples with plans for getting married this month (October). One couple ended up having most of their friends attend via Zoom. The other couple postponed their wedding until next year.

My mattress finally arrived. Ended up getting here around noon, instead of 8 am as mentioned in the first text. Turns out the warehouse started late (around 11-ish). I think I was more annoyed that I had no idea what was going on until after the fact. But it sounded like Customer Service didn't know either and I would've been the first delivery on the list. But it's here now and the old mattress is gone. Yay. It's taller than the old mattress. But it's a nice combination of give and firmness. I think my knee will not be as sore in the morning and no more spring poking me in the other leg.

Finished skein #4 and started skein #5 on the lapgan. It now covers my legs, which is a good thing now that the temps have fallen to more fall like temps. Halloween looks like it will be in the 50*s during the day and down into the 30*s at night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you recovery speeds along dcomp. You do so deserve your neighbors. Treasure them.

SD - I wear a mask everywhere. Hopefully I have saved someone from being sick. I have a couple younger
    family members who have covid now and are quarantining. Luckily not serious.

I have a couple loose ends this week and then my husband and I will start our own lockdown. Just absolute
    necessary trips anywhere. Luckily we love staying home and will be busy and well fed. lol

My county is almost at purple level so we need it to start going the other way. Stay safe everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In my state, COVID cases are said to be up but hospitalizations are going down. Go figure. That might be due to either more testing and mild cases that don't need hospitalization. Glad you and your husband will be safe and secure, earlybird, during your lockdown.

About halfway through skein #5 on my lapgan. I'm not sure if skein #6 will be the last one or if I'll do another skein on this lapgan. Will definitely have extra skeins of the yarn when done, though.

Slept my first night on my new mattress last night. It was a bit strange. Of course, the ads always imply that you'll sleep soundly from night one. I think part of the issue was that it was new (in general) and a different style that I'm used to (old spring mattress vs. new foam/spring hybrid). So it felt different and I just need to get used to it. That and one of my legs is probably bruised a bit from a spring from the old mattress (what finally got me motivated to buy the new mattress in the first place). But the new mattress is really nice and comfy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

R - you will get used to it soon. EB - I’m with you on staying home.

And I’m going home this afternoon. Hospitals are essential but home is always more comfortable. When the internist came around this morning I had just uncovered my breakfast. My guess is he took one look at it and thought, “Lotd, send her home before she kills herself and they blame us for it!” I’ve had so little appetite for so long, I’ve been romping through the menus. If they are foolish enough to offer me oven fries, a cheese omelette, bacon, and an English muffin with actual butter, who am I to say no. They’re the dietary professionals. At least I ordered the fruit cup to keep a shred of respectability.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad you're going home, D! And that you've been well fed.

I sorted some stuff on my work table, which helped a little. Husby said he would wind the leftover kit floss and get that put away for me. I was going to cut up some squares with my Go! but there's only a little pile, so I think I just stuff them in the suitcase with the cutter and wait till I have more.

I uncovered the basket with the trip food project in it. Once again, I hope I can get that done this winter. If I don't feel like working on it I need to move it somewhere else.

Maybe I'll get that dang table cleared in my lifetime.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I took the plunge and started quilting the giant christmas quilt on my machine. It's like wrestling a bear. I'm just doing big swirls and trying to keep them smooth but the thread keeps breaking. Grr! The garden gloves are working great (except when I have to re-thread the machine) but I'm still pushing a lot. Got one 12" block done, trying to get 2 more before calling it a day. It's 7x7, so 49 blocks in all.

We got 1-2" snow. It was windy this morning so not a lot of it stuck on trees, no branches down or power out around here. It was worse south of us, most trees around here have just started to change color and are fully loaded with leaves.

Glad you're coming home, DC.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, all. It’s good to be home. That outrageous breakfast was probably for the best. I need to make a grocery list tonight and I’ve maybe got the worst of it out of my system now. I’ll be more sensible. I’m tired, being pumped full of enough antibiotics to wipe out a good portion of the marine biota. And sore all over, but this too shall pass.

SD - tables are the most uncooperative of furniture. I wish you success, but remain doubtful.

CH - can’t wait to see the quilt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome home, D!

We live by the law of household geometry here. Any horizontal surface is soon piled up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Some pics from the photo roll:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1806.jpg

Sorry about DH's work monitor taking up half the table.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1813.jpg

Somewhere in there is a sewing machine.

I got ~3.5 blocks done. Hard to tell, since I started in the center and am working out to a corner. Once I got the hang of it, it started going pretty well.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty centerpiece. Very Halloweeny or fallish, depending.

The quilt does not look like a good time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - that quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Yes, it’s 3:25 am. My sleep schedule is totally screwed up now. I’m going to eat breakfast and see what happens then. Probably not very much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - hope your sleep schedule returns to normal quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's my plan for the day, too, DC. Welcome home.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC welcome back.
    CH I decided to stick to thin loft for any big quilt projects in the future. The full-size quilt I did last year (regular loft) was like wrestling an opponent as you said. Hope you are able to get yours done soon.
    I pieced together 4" Christmas print squares for a 12X28" table runner. I cut a piece of dark green velour for backing. Won't use any batting so it should lie flat. Still knitting the denim blue scarf. Not to the end of the skein yet, but definitely long enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While looking for my glue gun, I found pokemon fabric!!! There were 4 panels that I can use for the main part of the pillow and I think there is enough of another pokemon fabric for the rest of the pillow case. I'm pretty sure there is another piece of fabric in there. Found so much fabric. After dgd #1 gets her quilt, I'm going to start one for dgd #2. Hers will go much faster. I think I'm going to do long strips for hers instead of lots of squares like sis'. Then I'm going to start making baby quilts to put away for great grandchildren. I remember at my first baby shower, I got a quilt from grandma. I was confused. My grandma had made several quilts before she died. One for each of her grandchildren for their first child. That's what I want to do. I will use whatever fabric I have.

Ch - machine quilting a large quilt is hard. I'm just doing straight lines on each side of the seams. Of course I can't sew a straight line. Only a perfectionist will notice. .