Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2688
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bird trivet finished.
    Name:  IMG_1248.JPG
Views: 9
Size:  134.7 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, you mentioned getting meds at the pharmacy. Shortly after Covid hit, I asked my husband to switch to getting his medicine through Amazon. He has three different prescriptions and they are almost never all ready for pickup at the same time. I have been very happy with the service at Amazon.

In other news my husband has potentially changed his mind on retirement locations. So a couple years ago I picked out some locations based on factors that were important to both of us. Then my husband said he wanted to live someplace where winter was above freezing. So I had to toss my entire list and start over. I researched and came up with new places. And yesterday he mentioned a city that was one of my original top two and said it really had everything he was looking for in a city. He has now decided cold winters are not a deal breaker. I am not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Of course right now there is kind of a wait and see feeling for us. We are not sure if Covid and the aftermath will create long term changes in the cities we are looking at. Will their economy recover? Will places close down? Will big events happen again? Short term things will be messed up, but my retirement is six and a half years so things may recover by then.

Of course that is all comparative. If the whole country is messed up then it is about finding what is least messed up.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes there usually is follow up appointments plus standard checkups every year or 6 mths I have found w inlaws and parents. Esp if it is cancer or heart issues. I hear about it lol a lot from my mom.

it is getting frustrating for the virus stuff esp when others don't. we had new rules..province wide since cases going up and small tourists towns don't have the medical space if people get sick there. which since that is where everyone is going since suppose travel locally. not an order but not travel or very here ski on your own local mountain. for store owners now always masks indoors so they don't have to fight customers.. they were asking for it. don't blame them. stay in your bubble, no church etc now for two weeks. province wide so now small towns have same rules and some people I know are not used to it. no hot yoga etc but really nothing has really changed for us. they are just trying to stop indoor parties weddings etc at homes that are causing the rise.

sunny here today but chilly. most of the neighbours putting up xmas lights ..told dh should too since dry day..not many of them at the moment. normally don't until til after dd bday at end of month but seems everyone doing it early which brightens up the night. not doing much besides bit of laundry etc. got dd and I haircuts yesterday and the boys today. ds doesn't but then last minute he will want too so no way. ds has been hiding a pile of laundry under other stuff .ignoring it.. so now I know where most of the good twin sheet sets are. so he is doing more laundry today. his room isn't big so just being a teen dumping everything on the floor doesn't work long.

been staying up really late and working on the granny square blanket. hands and arms bugging me so just do a bit at a time. almost at the 3rd skein. had 4. first skein didn't need to roll in a ball but this last two I needed too. found out that herrschers canada doesn't really exist anymore when I went to pay for my order and it went to us dollars..like nope not paying that amount. kept me from buying more yarn lol rest was xmas gifts so went to amazon instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, the bird came out very nice. Quite attractive for the season. Thanks for the ideas.

SD, yes, I would not be happy that far north. I suffer SAD and depression, and though I have good hobby lights I really need sunlight. I used to hate factory jobs in places with no windows. It's dark here by 4:30 or so, not much different this time of year, but the mornings are generally bright.

I don't know when I'll be able to get my hair cut again. It's been over a year and it's down to my elbows now. Thankfully it doesn't matter.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I grew up in Canada, so know well about the light in the winter, but the long sun in the summer time is great. Last time we drove up to my mum's in the summer we got to her place around 9:30 pm and still quite a bit of light out to see.

got the 3 prs of dolly panties finished, got about half the doll nightgown done, the last of the masks for the grandkids finished. So glad I have some small projects finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Have you tried the small lamps specifically made for helping SAD. I have one and find it helpful.

Strangely I have been okay spending my time at home. But I think that is because I have a big window in my living room.

But it gets to me when it is dark going to work and dark coming home. I think when I retire I will not go outside before dawn unless there is something I really want to go to that is in the morning.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My LED lamp goes up to 6-7000k which is supposed to be sunlight equivalent. I have not tried anything specifically labeled as a SAD lamp. Looks like the cloud might clear off today, had a peek of sunshine and it is brighter. I may try stitching if this keeps up.

Want to concentrate in the basement today. DH is resistant to moving his work space back down there because crap is piling up, and we need to prevent that happening again.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Bird trivet finished.
    Name:  IMG_1248.JPG
Views: 9
Size:  134.7 KB
    love it! not the usual type of pattern for a cardinal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As far as I know these werenít insurance mandated appointments. For the GI, at the last pop in while in the hospital, the doc said they were through with me. The surgery was done like an endoscopy, but no camera since the duct is too small, which made it fiddly procedure. But once cleared it was a done deal. No incisions or anything, and on discharge instructions they did not ask for a follow up. That was something my doctor made up.

The other was cardiology. I was scheduled by the hospital for a follow up. I didnít think it was necessary and it was scheduled the day before the appointment with my regular doctor so I cancelled it to let her decide. She said yes, but to wait a few weeks. She thought they would want to do more tests. I didnít want to be a drama queen on here about the whole affair, but cardiology only got involved because just as the surgery ended I stopped breathing and they called a code blue. When I came to, I was in my room with too many people and a crash cart. The respiratory failure caused some heart arrhythmia, but it didnít progress any farther than that. I was brought around fairly quickly with the reversal of the anesthesia, but they did do chest compressions, which meant I left the hospital hurting a heck of a lot more than when I went in - lol. Of course they did a heart ultrasound and after everyone looked at the pretty pictures of my insides said my heart was fine. At the appointment the doctor asked a gazillion questions, read the records of the incident and the ultrasound and concluded again that the heart stuff wasnít causal, it just got dragged into the party as an innocent bystander. No further tests needed. My diagnoses on my discharge papers show cardiac arrest, but that was considerably exaggerated. My heart never stopped but just briefly went a little wonky.

That did delay getting back to stitching because with my tailbone still sore and then the pain all across my chest from being pounded on, I was just too uncomfortable to settle to it. It is not fair to hurt on both sides at the same time. It was pretty awkward.

End of long off topic.

Iíve decided the variegated on the Noel will be ok. I started a little of the outlining with metallic gold last night. Iím using DMC Diamant thatís actually pretty easy to stitch. Certainly easier than Kreinik. Iíll post a pic when I get more done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The N is finished. Now I need to go cook.

2020 Stash Management-image.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So happy you're still among us, D. Scary.

I think lots of unneccesary stuff is probably being scheduled at hospitals these days. They're all hemorrhaging money because of covid and having to cut back on elective procedures.

I can never get over how perfect your stitching always is. The variegated on black looks like a good choice.

I finished the sea turtles. Now I'm thinking bad thoughts about starting the coffee shoppe kit. It's in St. Paul so should be here tomorrow. I'm also thinking about the blackwork iris, which is all ready to go. Anything but the dreaded stitchery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - All our pharmacies have drive thru service. No getting out of car needed.
    Good luck avoiding all the germs. We are hunkered down except for groceries.

Stay safe everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We only have one pharmacy which is inside the clinic. No way to social distance because it's tiny. But Husby says they have curbside pickup, so he's going to look into that tomorrow. That would be a huge help and a relief.

Anybody who isn't afraid of this disease hasn't been paying attention. And it's only going to get worse. We don't like sitting home either, but every time we get the urge to go somewhere, we ask ourselves if whatever we want is worse the risk of covid. That's a fast and easy no for us. I feel bad for those who don't have a choice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's lovely, DC. It will be stunning when it is finished.

There was only a little drama today in the garage, but things got cleaned up. The recycle pile is higher. DH helped in the basement. He was overwhelmed until I steered him at a box of his stuff and said "start there". So at least one box got taken care of. We talked about what to do with the books we haven't got room for on the shelves, and some ideas for future storage. (when it is safe to go shopping again)

It did get sunny this afternoon but I did not get any sewing or stitching done.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've discovered the solution to the toilet paper shortage.
    2020 Stash Management-img_20201121_180214_1606101940534.jpg