2020 Stash Management - Page 22
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dir - at my last apartment I was literally across the street from JA. That was not always a good thing.

The PO is projecting the scissors will come Thursday. I really hope this wasn’t a mistake. I can’t wait to see them.

I didn’t get much done on the hare last night. It was one of those nights when the counting center of the brain went AWOL. I just gave up and carried on with the floss. I’ll try to do some on both today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow amazing that you guys can stitch so many colours! saw marked down cross stitch kits in michaels yesterday but $60 to $40 is not much of a discount. friend needed glue for her dd project so was there but of course got some marked down caron cake latte yarn. put the hats and scrunchies together for shipping. keep thinking I have more hats then I do. spirited you do have so much energy and those pads will be so appreciated.

well suppose to go into work at store but it is snowing so roads etc a mess here. people are not good drivers when it is dry and sunny! so tomorrow. plus was up really late like 1am cus couldn't sleep. had a good book and then of course you are hungry again ..my friend and I had been to bakery so had my apricot raisin bread to eat. plus for morning other goodies. can do my online work. my hands are still bugging me for some reason. saw this funny today.
    2020 Stash Management-84338970_2971103222920614_3535609445910315008_n.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

About halfway through skein 7of9 on the navy afgan. I'm hoping to get the afgan done in the next couple of weeks so I can ship it out.

I saw a basket of yarn at the living history farm on Saturday. The sign said "Make an offer". I'm wondering if someone just donated it or if it was part of a project that's done and these were just the leftovers. But I was good and didn't make an offer. Although it does give me an idea if I decide to actually go through my stash. Then again, I could just drop it off to one of the local churches for their prayer shawl ministries.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M- that’s funny. Kristen’s got her priorities straight!

Happy e-mail today! 123 Stitch shipped yesterday’s order so it should be here by Friday/Saturday. No tracking yet but that’s the usual. Sometimes it takes an extra day or two with fabric because they serge it. Also the sheep pattern shipped today. That was a real surprise. They use priority mail so it will be here this week too. I think I need to focus on getting all the floss in order, Finish prepping for sheep, get dragon better organized, finish winding the CXC. I have so many different piles of floss it’s getting confusing. It would be a relief to get all that done.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's funny, M. For me it would have to be fabric, though.

Renmerc, it's hard to resist offers like that. I would have wanted to look, at least. Not like I need more fabric...

I got a star block partially sewn, enough that I could get it off my table and not lose parts of it. Then I did two rows on the pinwheel quilt. Two more to go. Then borders.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha too funny.... Last 2 (short) sides of the quilt are pinned and turned for sewing, should be able to finish tomorrow. Pictures after. What to do next???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't need more fabric? Sacrilege! But that's still a funny meme.

I topstitched 25 shields and got 25 more done except for topstitching. Once I do those I will have all 200 done, which was my goal for mid-March. I need to cut back because I don't get anything else done. At least it doesn't seem like it. I still have the 12 bags to do but they're cut and serged, so probably won't take long. Relatively speaking. If we do decide to go next week, I should have everything done. If not, it's done for March when I told them I'd be back. I'm not sure I'll be able to procrastinate much longer to avoid painting the bathroom. Darn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The big cross stitch are so beautiful. But rather than inspiring, I find them a bit intimidating.

Cross stitch is tempting. But I like the more free form embroidery I can do with what ever color I have on hand.

I suppose I could do something on cross stitch fabric that does not have a huge amount of colors.

I look at a reddit for embroidery and there is a kind of rainbow black work on cross stitch fabric that I sometimes think of trying. The patterns used look like a traditional black work sampler. However, each block of the sampler is a different color thread. It is not necessarily rainbow colors. The ones I have seen are generally four to eight different colors. It seems like something that could be done with whatever color thread you choose.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - it was a decent sized basket full too. I did look but a lot of the yarn was in colors that didn't really match what I had already in my stash and not enough to do more than a scarf or two. Then again, it's been a while since I've gone through my stash. And the yarn could've been used in a rag-bag afgan or shawl.

I'm nearly done on skein 7of9 on my navy afgan. I should finish it tonight and start the next one, provided I don't get distracted. I do want to get this afgan done since it's for one of the residents of the facility where my Dad lives. The resident is a really sweet guy and regularly helps others out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, sounds like it was a good deal for someone who likes working with scraps. I love ugly fabric, taking it and making something beautiful out of it. Digging through remnants is like hunting buried treasure for me.

Yesterday I cleared the last of the costumes out of the basement, a couple of dance dresses and a victorian dress I made a long time ago. Some bags of small christmas gift/stocking stuffer stuff to pack up. Tubs of games and hobby stuff that can go straight into the storage locker. Some old woven throws that belonged to MIL we haven't used in 20 years. Was thinking of donating, or maybe putting one in each car in case of emergency?

This afternoon I will pack up the christmas wrap, boxes, etc, and dollhouse supplies being stored in the unused shower. Then we'll see if anything else gets done.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Blue star quilt is done, shown with my (un)helpful assistant who would not get off the bed. Blue print was from a dust ruffle that was still in the package but matched nothing since sheets long disappeared. Blue/white stripe was from one of mom's bathrobes. White from old sheeting.
    The pink Ohio Star pillow was an old one I took apart and salvaged the fabric and piping. One side was stained so made the star to replace that side. Got rid of ruffles since I don't care for them any more.
    2020 Stash Management-img_0990.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - I might have picked it up to do a rag-bag afgan, except I have so much in my stash right now, I couldn't justify making an offer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa - pretty quilt and good job salvaging the fabric! Your quality control assistant is just doing his job testing it out. It clearly earns the good dog seal of approval.

When will I learn? Usually in the evening I start with a glass of tea, then carry on with ice melt or topping it up with water. Last night I poured a new glass late. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I was still wide awake at 4:30 am when I sternly put myself to bed, for all the good it did. To say I’m sleep deprived today is a laughable understatement. With that and a gray rainy day I expect extended nap time whether I want it or not. Someday I really must start acting like s self-disciplined adult.

During the caffeine extravaganza I got the thread ready for the sheep, sorted the robin and trees thread to return to stash bobbins, finished putting the CXC 900s on bobbins and labeled bobbins for 3000-3600, a small group.

The really dumb thing? I added some Lipton instant decaf tea to my Amazon subscribe and order, just for these occasions. It’s been sitting in an unopened box in the laundry room since the end of January. Job 1 today - unpack that box.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job resisting temptation, Ren. Sometimes with stash, less is more. That's so thoughtful of you to makes an afghan for your dad's friend.

Sounds like you're rolling right along, CH. When does the rip and tear begin?

D, being a self-disciplined adult is highly overrated. Take a nap!

DLR, that's beautiful, and the quilt and pillow are pretty, too. 😄

I finished all the shields so was able to get those packed up and put in duffels to deliver. I'll probably start the bags tomorrow. I put away a bunch more stuff from the work table, which helps a lot.

I started 2 AeroGardens with lettuce yesterday. Tiday I decided I've had it with the mess where my 3 big gardens live. It's too long and boring and stupid to go into why I haven't been able to use them in several yrs. It's partly clutter and partly a phone being put there in a ratty box on a
    supposedly temporary basis and other priorities. But it's February I have cabin fever and an urge to grow something. I hope to get at least 2 more gardens going by Friday night.

I might take today and see if I can finish up the cross stitch so I can start the enormous amount of backstitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Your quilt looks beautiful, Dlr! What a thrifty way to use up those materials. And your helper has given it the seal of approval.

SD, you sure made short work of those shields.

I hope you get your garden set up. Winter is kicking in here. We get ~3ft every year, but in dribs and drabs, like yesterday and today. It snows for a bit, just barely covers everything, causes accidents, and melts off. It will do that through to April with one or two big snows in there somewhere. A couple of my hyacinth are peeking up, no crocus yet. I bought a hyacinth at Aldi a few weeks ago. It just finished blooming. Now I have a geranium with a flower stalk up and 3 flowers on it.

I packed several boxes of christmas and dollhouse stuff and reached a layer of DH's. Random crap in boxes. He'll have to go through it. Most of it looks like trash though. The ventilation system down there is stupid. There are 3 vents within ~ 5 ft of each other, in the bath, the main room, and of all places, the closet. It's toasty hot down there because it is right next to the furnace. Meanwhile, no air gets to the bedrooms upstairs.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast