2020 Stash Management - Page 3
Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We rounded up some of our unframed cross stitch. Looks like a pile of wolves. Maybe I can get some pawprint fabrics to fake frame it. There's still stuff missing, but there's probably a couple dozen projects, plenty to get started. We also got out an underbed tote to organize this project into and then store the completed items, so it's officially started now. It has 2 trays that will be handy for storing smaller items.

We found a needlepoint kit we bought partially done, badly. I'll have to rip out most or all of it. I can do that in my free time. LOL!

Husby just came in to say he caught the last 5 minutes of Beachfront Bargain Hunt and it was about Lake Pokegama in GR, an area we're considering moving to. Dang! He's trying to search for the episode online to see when it's on again so we can see all of it. Surprising that show came to a little town like GR, but then maybe not, since there's more shoreline in Minnesota than most other states, and a bunch of it is up here on the Range. Hope he can find the show. It would be interesting. Pokegama is the top residential lake location in GR, big lake, lots of recreation, loons, all the good stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hello all. Still here and finally on my last project for others at this point. Last year was a whirl wind of activity. and I hope to be able to do some projects for myself. It will be a lot slower than I would have done last year. We had an emergency and my DD and her 4 littles are now living with us for might be quite a while. So I have had to work my projects for others in between rocking babies and reading little ones stories etc. So I have binding a quilt in the works for a sister in law that I need finished and out the door before the 14th. That is my biggie project to finish off first. I am over half way finished the hand stitching on the binding for this quilt so hopefully it will be done soon. Not sure where I will start on my own projects, maybe try to work on some of my UFO's to get them done. I read this thread a lot, but do not always post. Keep up your great work!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hello Knotme! Sounds like you have your hands full. Good job getting a quilt finished, you're ahead of me. I've sewn a lot of blocks but don't have anything to show for it yet. The plan today is to start assembling some of them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m at the point on the house where I just don’t know where to start. I think I just have to pick something and start. I’m pretty low energy today but will try to accomplish something. I’m congested, it’s gray and rainy, and I just want totally to just crawl back in the cave and nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to see you, Knotme. It sounds like your hands are more than full.

Go for the nap, D. Even a short one can renew your energy. I hope you feel better soon.

I went into the sewing room to work on 9-patches but got distracted trying to get the clear foot I use on my Vikings to work on the little Brother. It won't, so I got further distracted by looking for a piecing foot for the Brother on Amazon. I ordered 3. I hope Husby likes one of them. I also hope they work, since they are very cheap.

I set up Husby on the new serger table but that's not working. If he's sitting there, I can't get in or out of the room. I'm going to have to put my embroidery machine somewhere else whenever the travel machine is set up, and move him to that desk. Or figure out how to make room for his machine in the LR. I suspect he'd rather be in the LR than the sewing room anyway. Have to give it some thought. If we decide to go that route, then I will want the world's tiniest sewing cabinet with a folding top. I may have a little typing table that would work. Gonna have to try it before looking for something else. Repurposing never stops. I guess this means I need to look at Pinterest some more. What a shame. 😄

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC glad your neighbor liked the yarn, sounds like fun for her. I gave notice at work today YIPPEE. 11 days to go. Drinking leftover sparkling wine to celebrate. Right now putting xmas stuff away and usual chores. I picked out half of zipper on hubby's fleece and worked on cross-stitch. Supposed to start raining again tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a stash of scrabooking supplies that are just taking up space in our basement and they're begging to be used! Making my way through that stash will be my plan for this year.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tried to stay focused today, and got a large section of patchwork sewn together. I added two more rows after this:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1409.jpg

I will need a few more afternoons to get all of it.

Cleaned up a pile of debris from my sewing table and found a bunch of pre-cut squares. Decided to start sewing a baby blanket. I also cut up two green fat quarters. I didn't remember buying the 5" square die last year, but there it was, so I used it, and whack whack, two FQs cut in two swipes.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1410.jpg

Will do something simple with these, like diagonal rows. I have more blocks/fabrics to add in to make it large enough.

Sounds like everyone has stuff to keep them busy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats, DLR. Retirement is great!

Frugal, I'm looking forward to learning about your scrapbooking projects as you work on them. I have my own that need to be done, but haven't gotten started yet. I have lots to learn.

CH, that quilt is turning out beautiful. It looks like fall colors. Nice find on the die. I can see it would be a big help to you.

Husby brought in the typing table, so he can give that a try with his sewing machine.

We came across a cross stitch jewelry box we forgot we had, so I plan to get that made for my mom for Mother's Day. I need to get it started now. Of course, since my sewing room cross stitch kit arrives today. I can't seem to make any plans that don't immediately get changed lately. No doubt I won't be able to resist starting the sewing cross stitch, so will have 3 projects in progress, including the one I started last week. I got the jewelry box pattern colored in so it's easier to read, so that's ready to start. The design is sunflowers and looks fairly simple, so I hope it goes fast. Mom will like it, we won't have to buy a gift, and we'll get the box out of our cross stitch stash. Triple win.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started to collect fat q. and strips
    2 years ago. Nothing done yet. I have
    no idea what I am doing but planning
    to start this year with something easy?

My sewing machine has never been out
    of the case so I want to get that out as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome Frugal and Emily, and the others of you we don’t see too often. I love to hear what everyone is doing.

I’m doing less than I like. I think a new medication is behind this malaise so I sent a message to my doctor just now. If it is, I want to do something else.

It was evening before I could do much., but then I accomplished quite a bit, though none of it shows so it looks like I’ve done nothing. I had ordered some zippered fabric containers, with a clear plastic front - sort of like sweater storage. I took the fabric I’ve collected for the free form embroidery/crazy quilting out of the plastic shoe boxes. It all fit in three of the new containers and takes about a third of the space. It is worth every penny I invested in the new containers for such a good result. If I were actively using it, this wouldn’t work, but I’m not, so it’s perfect. That left enough space in the cabinet to move all the associated stash in bobbin boxes there. I ended up freeing almost s whole cabinet.

I had extra shelves so I added them to the nearly empty cabinet. That gave me enough shelves to organize the cross stitch fabric better. It’s been in the bookcase with the curtain, but this is a more dust free arrangement. All of the floss, including some I had in the cabinet will go there. Since it’s in containers anyway, dust is not a problem. So it was a win all around. Stash I’m not using now compactly packed away with more space to spread out what I am using.

On the cross stitch front, yesterday I got an official start on the spring sampler. I will have four projects in the January rotation. Spring, beaded Santa, north wind, and the Christmas car on 25 count. Of all my full coverage patterns, that would not be my first choice, but it was the successful experiment, so I’ll carry on with it. I don’t expect to finish any of these this month, but switching off keeps it interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aw, poor neglected sewing machine. It'll be good to show it some love. There are lots of good ideas on Pinterest for quilts and smaller pieced projects.

I shuffled sewing machines so Husby can try out the sewing room space. He's left handed and space is tight to the left of the chair, so it might not work out. All we can do is try it.

I got the first color all done on the first sunflower for Mom. The box I have is darker than the one pictured.
    2020 Stash Management-20200103_100756_1578068117292.jpg
    I think this project is going to go fast, if I can manage not to mess it up and have to redo. So far, it's fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love seeing everyones projects even though I don't get much done. plus I get ideas too. I have a horde of scrapbooking stuff that I will donate or sell will see. will post pictures later but was in a bookstore in a old building w high ceiling but they had fabric faux windows to look like stained glass but no black lines.

lovely quilt ch.. and all those colours are in again. spirit your mom will love the box. good thinking dcompton.. sounds like you need a day of rest. so many bugs going around. off to work thing morning and girls tea in afternoon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyD View Post
    I started to collect fat q. and strips
    2 years ago. Nothing done yet. I have
    no idea what I am doing but planning
    to start this year with something easy?

My sewing machine has never been out
    of the case so I want to get that out as well.
    Emily, you can make an easy striped quilt from just sewing the stripes together. If you want something quicker you could start with a lap blanket/baby blanket/pet blanket. You could also do a pillow case or place mats.

A long stripe can be used to add to the hemline of clothing. For skirts with a wide hem, you might need to use two. It is good for clothing with worn out hems. You could have a decorative stripe or two going down the side of clothing.

There are lots of small projects that can be done with only one fat quarter. I sometimes make small stuffed animals. Most are done with one fat quarter or less. Some of them are done with two coordinating fat quarters.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks! the quilt was pieced and quilted last year ( oh that sounds like long ago, I finished piecing the top in August, in between all the wedding/bridesmaid dresses, throw in a mother of the bride dress too. I quilted the top after I finished all the wedding stuff. did I mention I also played piano for that wedding...... That wedding was the end of November. sewed my fingers ( 2 of them) while quilting it so had to take a bit of a break to let those fingers heal)

My big report it that I have finished hand stitching the binding on that quilt, so now it is on to clipping the threads and sending it off to my sister in law.

Mattresses arrived today so tomorrow is going to be the big bed switch. I have a queen size bed in the room DD is sleeping and a double in the the room the kids are sleeping in. We need to get the kids their own beds so I ordered twin mattresses for the bunk beds. so bunk beds will go in to the kids room, the double needs to go into the room DD is sleeping is as I don't think we can get the headboard into the other room, so the queen will go into another bedroom. It is a huge switch, and will be a lot of work, but hopefully will get the kids their own space. It will help with clearing out some of the clutter in those rooms too.