2020 Stash Management - Page 4
Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh and welcome to the new ones posting, I don't post a lot but do read a lot of the posts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got most of the first flower stitched. I'm surprised how fast it's going. I didn't really want to do it but it's fun so far. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of next week. Since it's not very big and doesn't even have backstitching, maybe I'll make it.

The new cross stitch arrived. It has a giant 4 page pattern. (I can hear you snickering, D.) I still think it will relatively easy, though probably not quick, considering it will be me doing it. But it has no deadline. I'm going to try not to start it before the sunflowers are done, but will start coloring the pattern. I like the kit better in person than just seeing it online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The Christmas car in my rotation is four pages. It just means you are Mose sensible than I am to confirm nebit to. But the big ones are SO gorgeous I just can’t resist.

Nothing done today. Sigh.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rest is a perfectly valid activity, D.

I got the pattern colored, at least for now. Since the pattern is big, it's easier to see even in black and white. I think I only did 4 of the 28 colors. If I can stick to not starting it, it will be a great incentive to get the sunflowers done because I'm looking forward to starting it.

Husby wants to run errands today. I'd rather stay home but need to visit Mom. Maybe we can go early.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mukluk weather again. Actually they're moccasins. I think these are my favorites.2020 Stash Management-20200104_082903_1578148232693.jpg

I need to do a lot more beading.

So many projects, so little time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At dad's house today, I brought the last of the rose-color yarn and can probably get another baby hat done, then wind/ball the rest. I can tell from the size of the ball what might be made from it. Also finish the library book.
    Pretty quilt CH. SD - the sunflowers box is also really nice. If it's available on the internet anywhere I might order it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found the sunflowers leaflet on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Sun...QAAOSwO6hd2Hyt
    Hope that link works. The boxes can be bought at craft stores, maybe JA? I don't recall where I got my kit but I'm sure it was at a garage sale somewhere. I remember buying it because I wanted the box. The design area stitched on 14 count aida says it's 4x6.

I got a brand new Menards insulated bag at the thrift today, $2.80. The color matches my new sewing machine bags. How could I pass that up? If I set two 6 packs of pop side by side, they would fit in the bag because that's what it's for. The best part is it opens like a suitcase but has a handle on the top like a train case, so it won't mess up whatever is in it since it's carried level. I've never found one like that before, and I've looked. It will work nicely for taking project parts when we travel. Husby is laughing at me for being so excited about a little bag. WHAT PART OF MATCHY-MATCHY DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND? 😄

I bought a ceramic dish for Chester, too, .40. He eats his canned food much better if it's room temp, and we've been wondering if his teeth are bothering him. Vet said one tooth was broken, so maybe a nerve is exposed that hurts him when he eats cold food. We'll try heating it just a little in the micro, so can't use the steel dishes. We've been mixing in a little baby food, too, and he loves that because he can lick his food and not have to chew it, something else that makes us think eating might be painful for him. Hope it helps him.

Errands done, time to stitch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, it is a pretty design.
    We always make "cat food soup" by mushing water into the canned food and heating in the microwave to lukewarm. Cat seemed to vomit cold food frequently.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't want to thin Chester's food with water. He's been losing weight and needs every calorie. That's a good idea though. He likes the baby food and we don't give him that much.

Some stitching done. I'm working with 2 colors that look the same, so it's been confusing and slow. I dug out my floor stand but don't know where all the pieces are. I made it work. I'd like to know where the easel is, but it's not worth the time to find it. The back room desperately needs purging and organizing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally I got quite a bit done today. More to do, but was encouraging. I didnít take the new med but went back to the old and actually felt human again. Along with other side effects I had been very lethargic, dozing for hours. Today I was awake. I think the new med is a definite no. I have an ophthalmologists appointment Monday, and while Iím in town Iíll go by the main docs office for more lab work. That will fill up Monday afternoon so Iím getting groceries tomorrow. Functional again. What a radical concept!

I also got a good bit done on the spring sampler given that I also spent a fair amount of time on housework. At the moment itís slowed down because there are small scattered flowers and color changes. Tomorrow Iíll get to two bunnies and that will go much faster.

The gray owl kit came today and now I want to start that too but will resist. Itís not large and looks straightforward so it should be an easy project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're doing better, D. Hope you can get the meds straightened out.

I'm stitching today, too. Almost done with the biggest flower. It's easier to do this project one flower at a time to minimize miscounts.

Husby now has 4 sewing table options. He has the 2 from yesterday, but I thought of a couple more. I didn't like the table I made using a treadle machine base I salvaged, when I tried it for a sewing table. But he thinks he might. And when I was browsing Pinterest earlier, I came across some school desk makeovers. As luck would have it, I happened to salvage one of these a few years ago. It's in similar condition as this one, except it has no top and it's turquoise.
    But it has excellent potential and would provide some storage. It's in the garage holding up stuff, and it needs a paint job and a top at the least so it would be a project, but spring gets closer every day. It's not the kind of furniture I would normally choose, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I'm curious which option he will choose.
    2020 Stash Management-4945366e6fc904762b9e9d0f61c14a2b_1578251352482.jpg

Another snowy day here, with some wind and freezing crap thrown in for variety. It's a good day to be stitching cheery sunflowers, which make me think of North Dakota, which makes me think of South Dakota, which makes me think we need a long trip somewhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The desk looks very practical but is it the right size for an adult?
    Hooray I got the new zipper sewn into hubby's fleece. Need to top-stitch but the hard part is done and everything lines up.
    I watched a youtube by "Professor Pincushion" which was very clear. Used 50% coupon for the zipper so about $3. Not bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m just home from the grocery store. I’ve decreed the house is just as it is, until probably Tuesday. After a quick sandwich I’m going to just cross stitch. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had a large stretch of it.

The spring sampler is really pretty uninteresting, but I want to get it done to complete the set.

This definitely feels like climate change. It is 71 today, same tomorrow, then a couple of days around 63, and by Friday up to 75. This is March weather. However, I can’t complain. It could be Australia.
    Last edited by dcompton; 01-05-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I reserved 3 cross-stitch books at the library. Decided to do that before spending $$ to order patterns online. Still a possibility. One of the books has a sunflower motif on the cover though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The school desk would be 29" high, same as our kitchen table. I wondered about that too, so went to the garage and measured as soon as I got up this morning. It must have been for teenagers, not kindergarteners. Lucky!

Still stitching. Today it hasn't seemed like I'm getting anywhere, but I'm probably about half done with the second flower. There are 8, but most of them are partial flowers that won't take as long. But I'm starting to think my goal of getting done this week may be too optimistic.