2020 Stash Management - Page 51
Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The darker colors are the original colors. With bleach dyeing you start out with dark or bright colors and lighten them with bleach. The top two did not lighten at all. The middle and second from the bottom have a little bit of change. It is subtle, i.e. hard to see. But the slightly darker color is the original. The bottom thread shows the expected result, part of it the original dark color and part bleached.

We got our grocery delivery. Most of the stuff was in stock. I think we are doing pretty good for food. We had a decent amount before and we just added a little to it.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's to everyone surviving the COVID-19 storm in one piece. I went to the grocery store over the weekend, mostly for bits and pieces. It was crazy. Part of it was the virus scare stock-up but made worse with it being the weekend when more people probably had off anyway. At least the stores appear to be limiting the number of items (like milk and toilet paper/paper towels) in an effort to allow more people to get them. I doubt the limits will prevent hording.

Anyway, still working on the denim afgan. It's coming along, although I"m still on skein #2. Still not sure if I will need another skein or not. It's at the awkward stage where it covers my lap but doesn't quite touch the floor yet. So I have to wrestle with the weight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walgreens web site was pretty much out of the most popular items. Maybe later in the week.
    Worked in the yard today. Dump truck load of wood chips is coming Wednesday for me to spread in back. That should burn some calories.
    Cannot find scrap candle wax and wicks. Today I cleaned out 5 glass holders planning to pour new candles in them but I put the stuff away too well apparently.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy St. Urho's Day! Maybe I'll make shrimp soup to celebrate, since we don't have fish. We've reached the conclusion the time is now to STAY HOME. We've been planning to maybe buy minimal groceries every couple weeks, but now we are going to try to avoid any grocery shopping for at least 2 months, so what we have now is it. Officials across the country are begging people to self isolate to try to slow this down. If people don't start abiding by that, our medical system will be overwhelmed and doctors are literally going to have to decide who to treat and who to let die, which is the horrific choices they are currently making in Italy. We are, by what our officials are saying, 2 to 3 weeks behind Italy before we are in the same situation here. I've read some accounts about what's going on in Italy and it's terrifying and horrifying.

I have a small experimental batch of broccoli sprouts going. I'm going to start up mung beans for shrimp stir fry. I also bought radish seeds to sprout, so we have a small variety of fresh stuff we can easily grow, since we can't buy it. I started a lettuce garden in an AG a few weeks ago so we have lettuce.

I got a start stitching the eagle, but then I fell asleep.

Think I'll make a big pot of bean soup in the Crockpot tomorrow. The weather is warming up so we need to eat soup while it's still cold enough to be appetizing. We have a big collection of dry beans and that will help make use of them while stretching our other groceries and helping use up some aging fresh veggies. Wins all the way around. I still have hot catsup to put in soup so it will be delicious.

Stay safe, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay - found the wax & wicks, basically in plain sight of course. Maybe do that tomorrow. My goal was to get the glass holders and wax/supplies all into one box at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I ordered the 18ct for the sheep, so when that comes I’ll be good to go. Since I bought floss for full cross on 16. I should have plenty for half cross on 18.

I just saw that tourists are still letting the good times roll in New Orleans. Idiots.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought the cops put a stop to that the other night, D. Lots of people still seem to be in denial. Or they think the rules don't apply to them.

I think we are going to buy a bunch of gift cards for our 2 local grocery stores and DQ, if we can do it online. It will help support them now and we can spend them to get the money back once this is over.

Trying to make myself work on the eagle some more. It's slow and frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

After reading the whole article I see that the reveled were sent home. But New Orleans is pretty irrepressible. It’s lucky it didn’t happen during Mardi Gras, or the cops would have had a rough time, even if the parades had been cancelled.

This is what the half cross on 18 is looking like. I think it’s going to be fine. This tree is a pain too. The blue lines that faintly show through the white stitching will wash out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Stash Management-a6d67d9c-39a4-4983-90b0-173fb98d201d.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

New Orleans better get used to the idea of being repressed, along with everyone else. Feds are still denying a national lockdown coming, although they did say nothing has been ruled out. IMO, and I'm obviously not an expert, it's inevitable, and it needs to happen very soon. From the results in other countries, it looks like the only way to get this under any kind of control.

Report this morning is a study showing for every virus case found by testing, there are 5-10 more that are never detected and those are a main reason for rapid transmission. Many people have the virus but never have symptoms or have mild symptoms. Naturally if people don't think they're sick, they don't stay away from others. That's why we need a national lockdown. I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen soon.

Boring me needs to stitch today, maybe set up some more shields. Also need to freeze some eggs and milk to stretch out our fresh food on hand.

I want to dig through the lumber rack and see what I have to make a puzzle tray for Mom. She likes to do puzzles but only has her small kitchen table, so a puzzle is always in her way. If she can easily move the whole puzzle out of her way, it might help her pass the time during isolation. We have lots of puzzles we can loan her too, so she has some new ones.

Always plenty to do even in a global crisis.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 4 more bags made for DfG. I keep forgetting about them. Only 6 left. Then I'll press them and install drawstring ribbons and get them packed up, ready to go whenever that time comes.

I also made Husby a fleece hat to wear in the house and keep his ever-more-balding head warm. LOL. He laughed at the idea but he's wearing it. He's always cold. I need to cut his hair so thought I should get the hat done before I cut off the little insulation he has.

Got the bean soup in the Crock so supper is dealt with. I'll make garlic bread to go with it, if I remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love how fast the half cross goes. I feel like I’m really making progress. I can’t wait until the fabric comes for the sheep so I can start that again. I also want to get the polar bear that I put in the rotation ready to go. I pulled fabric for it but don’t remember if it’s 16 or 18. I need to look at it again. I’ve pulled all the floss for it but I need to get that set up, which is going to take some time. It will be a good break for my hands though.

I got a $20 promotional credit last night to use on Amazon. I had forgotten all about it. Audible had a deal that if you completed listening to three book over a couple of months, you would get $20. Really?? I wiped that out in the first week. Free money. I’m going to use it in these somber times for something I need, not something fun. Being a responsible adult stinks.

Well, partly a responsible adult. If I really were I would clean my house, but let’s not go there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, let's not go there. At all. Ever.

Texted with my friend who is an RN at a hospital near Boston. I may have to take up praying. She said we are better equipped now for a national quarantine than ever in history. She's right, and it's a comforting thought.

Our broccoli sprouts got to an edible size, finally. I sprouted a tiny batch just to get a taste, but they're good! I think they taste like lettuce with a broccoli aftertaste. Maybe next time I will let them get a couple sets of leaves and see if there's more broccoli flavor. But it's nice we now have 3 types of sprouts we know we like, to help us have something fresh to eat in the coming weeks. I think we will like the broccoli sprouts better than alfalfa sprouts. They seem more crunchy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We can all use a smile.

Don't know if you all can see this without signing up for Twitter. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is closed for 2 wks, and they're letting their penguins tour other exhibits. Scroll down to see the videos.
    Check out Shedd Aquarium (@shedd_aquarium): https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium?s=09

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That didn't work, unless you want to sign up. Let's try this: ijr.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe this. Why can't we edit on the app?

https://ijr.com/penguins-field-trip-...arium/#respond