2020 Stash Management - Page 52
Page 52 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally! You will have to scroll up or down to click the videos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes here they are saying all the bars etc need to be shut down today because of st paddy day. libraries etc closed now. but under 50 people group allowed but yes be sensible. like get takeout so you can support businesses but be home. got chinese last night. the stores were nuts but like there are other stores and some hoarding which they got shamed on the news..buying all the meat etc. but yesterday when I worked at the store..you can tell who can cook or not..young adults ramen, frozen pizza etc. canned soup,pasta sauce and pasta.. tp etc all gone but lots of fresh veggies, meat, stuff like canned tomatoes etc so you can make food. and our supply lines are fine. I shopped because kcups dh brand were so cheap and then in front of the candy aisle..waiting in line..well we are stocked lol as I am eating bridge mix!

dh is suppose to work but may be sent home to work. said we can get stuff done he was well I have to work.so no commute ..little does he know that he will be sent to his office to work lol I have lots of dvds from library but more my stuff then his.. judy, the chaperone..plus all my hallmark movies etc. sunny here all week. allergies way up so popped a pill. could be doing so much but just can't even crochet. dd couldn't get her little machine working and since mine is well.. she hand sewed the fabrice a piece I got at joanns elastic top part so just a hem and side seam. sent the kids to do chores at my moms yesterday. they are all still asleep.

when the meds take effect will see how I feel. now it is just watch tv and browse the net and talk to friends. of course housework..that never goes away!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

forgot to say where I am the only place that people have died of the virus is one care home 4 people so far. in a fb dementia group lots of people were upset that carehomes were closed to visitors for this reason the virus. and normally they always close when there is a bug that is harmless. so I posted there to say see though hard this is why..well one person wouldn't let it drop why can't they visit w masks and gloves like care workers. not the same thing. and you can see loved one if they are actively dying like in a couple of days just not for reg visits. was nice about it more then I normally would be but she called me an a***hole so I said your feelings don't trump others safety and blocked her. the admin messaged me and apologized for her...which was nice almost kicked her out. but just proves why such measures need to be in place...some people think it is all about them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - good for you. Sometimes people need a telling off.

I’m not motivated to do anything. I’ve just been messing around online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those penguins seem very well behaved, better than kids....
    Free shipping coupon on JoAnn but trying to ignore.
    I'm knitting the hat in short bursts. Worked on the yard and cleaned inside, 2+ hours total exercise. It is nearly 60 degrees today. Saw a butterfly (or moth?) which seems very early.
    Trying to decide next sewing project. I think I want to make a bench cushion. Have old mattress pad to cut to size & old pillow stuffing. I have a lot of denim yardage got from friend's mother, and red/white gingham for pillows. I'm thinking red/white/blue for front porch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is my tea dyed thread. The thread on the balls are the original colors. The thread on the little plastic cards is tea dyed.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200317_135551472_mp_1584477877610.jpg

I am starting a little project I am calling my Saint Patrick's week project. I started today. Will probably finish tomorrow.

My first day of work at home. I have some more time to craft but I still have to work.

Over here lots of people are staying home even if they are healthy. Our workplace went to almost everyone teleworking. It is not mandatory but I am not sure if anyone is actually choosing to go in.

We decided not to meet with friends on the weekend. There are only two to four of them and we meet at our home. But they are all self isolating too even though they are not feeling sick.

Reddit craft groups are on fire with people saying I stayed home and made this.

I am glad I am pretty introverted and have lots of at home things I like to do. I am also glad we can cook.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The tea dye is interesting. I think the green and lighter pink turned out best.

I followed the links to the penguins this morning through the Washington Post.

I hope CH gets internet back soon. I miss her.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, we're back online finally. I thought we were going to go into day 8 with no service, but they figured it out finally and we're back. DH was starting to get very agitated for a variety of reasons. I'm glad to have a full sized keyboard to type on and no stupid blinking ads to click on by accident. And mostly I want to read through the 200+ emails waiting for me and get back to my normal news sources and not the talking heads quoting stuff third hand.

I've had a corned beef in the pot all day and I think it is ready. So we're going to eat, and I'll be posting more later.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha - good for you for standing up to that person. My Dad is in a senior facility and they closed it to visitors. I'm glad for it as it shows the facility cares for their patients. Dad said the facility was thinking of getting the residents tablets so they can Skype with people outside. I call him almost everyday anyway.

The malls and parks in my county have been closed down for the time being to prevent the spread of the virus. On one hand, it's a sensible decision. On the other, I had plans this weekend I was looking forward to that got cancelled. Oh well. More time to work on my WIP's and watch my DVD's. At least I can take a walk outside around the complex.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The weather continues to be unpleasant here, so it hasn't been hard to stay in, but yesterday afternoon I took a walk around the block. With the gym and dance studio closed until further notice I'll be doing that more often. It's mostly flat, with a few low slopes, and very little traffic most of the time so I feel comfortable being out. Yesterday I only saw 2-3 people and they kept their distance.

Had some events this month we were looking forward to, also. As far as I know we are still getting together with friends at their house this weekend, as long as everyone is comfortable with that. DH has been home 5 days, and I am pretty sure I did not pick up anything on Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Not much to do except housework and hobbying. I really should go pull emerging weeds since the rain has stopped. I could do some sewing, but it's a grey day and I'm not feeling it. Maybe I'll pick up a book.

Dlr, the bench cushion sounds like a nice spring project.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're due for 2-4" of rain/snow later, so we went out to the garage and found stuff to make Mom's puzzle tray. That was easy. I should just have to cut the frames and nail it together, since the base is already the right size.

I froze a dozen eggs today and will do 12 more tomorrow. I'm hoping the Egglettes containers will let me pop them out easily and put them in a bag. That way we can thaw them one at a time.

I froze 2/3 gallon of milk. We froze 6 half gallons last week and bought 2 gallons to use fresh, but I'm trying to figure out how to stretch our food on hand, so we're drinking less milk. I wish we had bought dry milk but we do have some, plus several small cartons of buttermilk in the freezer we can use for baking.

We're slightly low on sugar, but have small bottles of molasses, honey, agave, corn syrup, and a big bottle of pancake syrup to stretch the sugar. We also have a big bag of Splenda bought a few months ago, so that will all help.

I'm not looking forward to buying groceries and having to wash every item when we drag it home. Some things we will be able to leave in the garage for 5 days or whatever, but of course that won't work for fresh and frozen stuff.

I still think we're in pretty good shape.

We can't see Mom for another 12 days. The plan is to stay away from her 14 days from any contact with the outside world. I hate it but we can't take chances or cut corners, so will follow CDC guidelines and hope they're accurate. ☹️

Got 50 more shields set up, but don't feel like sewing.

The northwoods eagle is very confusing and a nightmare with the close colors, but I'm slowly getting through it. Once I get the first 3 colors done, the rest of the project should be easy.

It's starting to snow. I'm very ready for spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD sorry you are stuck w/ more snow. Being outside lets me stop brooding. Once the wood chips arrive I'll be spreading those several hours daily as long as my back permits. Focus on small projects and don't spend money or go out. Downloaded 2 audiobooks from the library, they have some new system as well that is confusing. Overdrive (old system) and some new format/software it says I have to register for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I put away the cat cross stitch last night, and moved floss to project bobbins for the polar bear. Today I will get the needle holder ready and then I’ll be good to go on that one. I stopped working on the blackwork SAL to start the cat, so that’s the hobby project for today - to finish catching up with that and do the new block released today. If I finish that with time to spare, Ill probably go on and start the polar bear. The diagonal blackwork pattern I had been working on had been MIA but I found it last night. Finally.

I absolutely have to do some decluttering today. I might as well start it now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear about the snow as well, SD. It's been a relatively warm winter in my area. Only a few snow flurries.

There's a labyrinth near my house I may go to on Saturday. It's next to a church but I don't think that many people know it's there, despite the sign. I've gone a few times to walk it and no one's there. Then again, I don't go when services at the church are being held. It's not actually in the church but next door. Access to it is from the church parking lot and you have to walk around the back of the church.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My still work in progress.2020 Stash Management-img_20200318_163726867_1584570200659.jpg

I plan to add a black layer next. I may do some buttons with that. The outer most layer is one of my hand dyed threads

My little Celtic piece is drying after rinsing off the disappearing ink. When it is dry I will add a backing layer.

I have been working from home but work is slow. My office works in exports so work has slowed down a lot. I happy to still get paid.
    KathyB