2020 Stash Management - Page 82
Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1717
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, the fabrics are florals in shades of burgundy and peach, with a green accent print. I'm using the muddy neutral strips. It will have a muted, old fashioned look, I hope. I got pics, but still on camera. Going to the community garden to get my sweet potatoes and a bale of straw, if they have any. Will probably suck up all my energy for today.

Yes, a dedicated space to focus on work is always nice. You can get in the right mindset when you step in the door. Unfortunately my sewing room is completely open and DH just barges in and starts talking. I like going to the quiet coffee shops for a change of view. A physically different space can bring on new ideas and perspectives

Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love both projects, DLR, especially the pinwheel. The borders set them off just right. I will be babying my arm. My sling arrives today and will be a constant reminder to just let the arm hang there chillaxin'. Husby's very good about doing anything I need when it comes to lifting and moving stuff. I can't do a lot in my office till we get wiring done because of having to move stuff to the middle of the room for now.

Can't wait to see pics, D.

My work table is in our family room, CH, between Husby's office and the kitchen, so I get what you mean. I'd prefer it to be in my sewing room, but since there's already so much stuff in there I don't have room to change my mind, that ain't happ'nin'. My dream sewing room is half of a walkout basement. The LONG half, room for stereo, bigger TV, all the entertainment centers we bought for craft storage, work table, all my sewing machine tables, all the shelving, racks, and cabinets I have in my current space, plus large closets and a wall of natural light. A girl can dream.

I made a couple batches of seasoned pretzels. It's a cheap, easy, quick snack. I made some less hot ones for Husby, so I'm curious if he'll like them.

We're discovering our local DG has better prices on snacks than Aldi which is a 50 mile drive. That's twice as nice since we can keep our money in town and it's a lot more convenient. Good to know. We never liked that store but it's growing on us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very nice stitchery, Dlr. Sunflowers are a favorite, and the borders do add a lot.

If our basement had looked like it does now when we moved in here I would have taken it for my sewing room. 12 overhead lights and fresh white walls make such a difference in atmosphere.

I am finally done with shopping and lunch, and have to do some gardening this afternoon. They did not have straw, but I got my sweet potatoes, plus basil and chives. There might be more straw next week. I've got to mix up some fertilizer tea and start feeding my peppers, they do not look happy, but at least I got rid of the aphids.

Maybe I'll get a chance to sew before dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found some previous drafts of my current WIP in my office. Now I'm wondering where the last draft is. Probably on a flash drive somewhere. But it seems like it still has some promise. That one is a series romance that's more of an experiment than anything.

I also read another partial rough draft. It's the third or fourth following my first novel, which I hoped would become a series. I still like the idea, still think I have a saleable writing style, but need to work on plotting. The whole series was conceived and written about 20 yrs ago, so needs massive updates. I've concluded the Ojibwe stay, but the Nazis and paranormal stuff has to go. I won't miss either one. I may keep the spies, and will be adding more political intrigue. Who knew what I wrote 20 yrs ago that seemed so outlandish and unbelievable is now daily misbehavior at the highest levels in real life? Not sure yet what direction to go with all this, but I'm very happy to be getting back into it. I have to reread the whole series and see if the spies fit in. This is all starting to sound like a lot of fun again.

Husby got the phone line wrapped from the garage to cabin and we got both cables through the wall into the cabin, so that part is done. We need some more research before we can do the internet connection, so that could be a while. I may decide not to have internet out there. I'd get more work done without it. I've used the highlighter feature on my Word program to make notes if I need to look up something later, and that's worked well without interrupting flow or wasting time. The only time I REALLY need the net is if a factual mistake would blow up the entire plot or even a scene.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe it's not too late to claim part of the new basement for sewing, CH. It sounds like a better arrangement for you. Maybe your current sewing space would work for a shared hobby space now?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That opportunity has passed. Large items have been moved into the basement, and would have to be brought up stairs (neither of us can manage that) while moving the sewing room down stairs. And the sewing room would need to be completely re-wired. Big changes. Not happening. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about taking the sewing machine down there to do some quilting, using the big new table. It will be much easier than trying to cram a queen quilt into my little 24x36 nook.

Part of the reason for the remodel is we really want space to be able to entertain a few friends. Our kitchen is too small to hang out in, the living room is small and awkward. The deck is great... about 3 weeks a year. By cleaning and lighting the basement, and putting in a new sturdy table we can have people over for board games or movie night once in a while. Friends have been hosting for years, we want to take our turn.

I was going to share some updated photos, but the camera battery just died.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The highlighter is a good idea for writing, SD. I use Word for my writing and will use Comments to make notes as I work. That allows me to put in what I was thinking at the moment as well. I do have a good number of Moleskin notebooks for jotting things down, plot ideas and the like. In some of the notebooks, I have folklore and the like for prompts/muses. In others, I have actual plot ideas, comments/ideas for characters and their backgrounds, etc. This way I don't have to look things up on my computer or flash drives. Besides, it's nice to have something in my hands while I'm working.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good you can use the big table, CH. No doubt that will be a huge help to you. I can see why you'd want a place for gaming.

Ren, I like the Word highlighter because it's easy to spot later. I've tried various ways to organize notes and plots but haven't found anything satisfactory yet. When I last worked on stories, I was just starting to use storyboards which might have some potential. I think I like using index cards. Notes that can't be rearranged don't work at all for me. I want to figure out a good way to do a timeline, too. Maybe I should make the top half of the 6' wide closet doors into a big chalkboard. Wonder how well that chalkboard paint works. Lots to consider now. But first I have to clean up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use the little sticky tabs on the notebooks to indicate things I may want to look at later. But highlighting things is a good idea. Index cards are good for plotting, especially for moving plot points to different areas. I don't know if Visio is still available. It's a Microsoft software for flow charts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visio I think it does building and floor plans as well.

Went back to working on the lapgan. I did get a bit done on the vamp afgan but it doesn't really feel like I've made progress besides the ball of yarn getting smaller. At least with the lapgan, I can see it getting longer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tried the little sticky tabs too, but they seemed inefficient for me. But at this point, I'll probably be trying lots of things I've already tried. People change over time, so sometimes it's worth giving some ideas a second look.

We've lived here 30 yrs and never seen an oriole. We've known they were in the area, just never saw one. Today a beautiful bright orange male showed up and did his best to get a snack from the hummingbird feeder. I went and got the oriole feeder I bought cheap for just such an emergency, brought it in the house, then dropped and broke it. That took an hour to fix, using some Eternabond and a chair leg tip. Not perfect, but it works for now. It's out there, but I'll be surprised if we see the little guy again. We don't have quite the right habitat, so he was probably just passing through. But what a fun thing to happen today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of afraid of what might happen if I put bird feeders out. We have so many here already and I try to encourage the natural habitat. I wouldn't want them to depend on me. A friend of mine has several feeders, and she loves seeing all the birds come right up to her porch. Feeding cats is enough.

I fought off the urge to go shopping, we really don't need anything. Today is a work day, if I can keep DH out of my hair. Got ground chicken and lamb out, just grabbed the first two packages I found. So chicken lettuce cup filling and kibbe will get made for later meals.

While that thaws I'm going to sew.

DH says he's not feeling well. He hasn't gone anywhere in 2 months so I'm thinking it's just a case of the blahs or some indigestion.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You might want to update this list and post. I like #4
    Name:  dont bother me.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  45.3 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

love the cross stitches! lol the list has a few outs.. think a booze truck and magic mike would be great. yes just to get away. in the house there is always the to do list to look at or housework. or make sure kids are doing what they need to do the stuff. I do like when they are asleep in the morning and dh at work lol fingerweight yarn and single stitch..that takes long! I did one cowl and that was enough lol

That would be neat to see an Oriole.. not something that is here. Doesn't it seem that men get like kids when they are older. like dh started pouting etc and complaining about shows I watch...like I force you and finally was enough. he was I don't pout ..yes you do..not big time but when someone is sitting beside you all the time.. lol I don't think I am as nice as others I would be can you leave me alone for a few hours or do the same back to him. but I am still in mom mode lol I think writing is a passion and if you love you do it. and nice now you can have a blog or self publish too.

yes we have so much craft stuff because I got into beading..then the kids wanted too but they couldn't have my good stuff so they got their stuff.. yarn, sewing etc. they are crafty. but not having a place to lay things out and have a think on it. I am not super crafty in that way of putting colours together. and of course the cats. I would definitely do sewing on the big table. and would be fun for board games etc. that is my plan when more stuff is done in the basement. now I clear off the table and boom it is filled.

overcast here so don't think mowing the backyard is happening unless it holds off. would get ds up to do it but he would be tired and he is accident prone. dh is off again today so he is going off for coffee w friend and I can get some accounting done. have a hair appt at 2. boys did it yesterday. just our local one person shop. the bbq has seemed to die yesterday so dh is looking at new ones online. not sure what is for dinner yet. only thing that seems to appeal to me is making filet o fishes at home. have all the stuff.

library is doing takeout service now w your holds our local one, the other one not sure yet. so have to phone back and book a pickup time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am taking a break from some stressful bits at work.

On the plus hand I have an at home vacation coming up soon.

We could only get credit for future flights from our airline. Airlines are using a underhanded tactics. You have to cancel at least 24 hours ahead of time to get credit. But then the flights get cancelled the day of the flight. So if you have not cancelled, you get a refund when they cancel the flight. But you have already cancelled the day before because you need to cancel 24 hours ahead of time or you do not even get credit.

Congress has been considering making a law against it.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

On a less whiney note, I will show a bit of my work on progress. The middle button has some dark thread around it that does not photograph well.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200520_161406101_1590005763684.jpg
    KathyB