2020 Stash Management - Page 86
Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687888996 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1666
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok, iron is fixed, seems to be working properly. Will keep an eye on it to see if it does anything weird again. I got a few more strips sewn and cut into blocks. Counted ~74 blocks, and the last 2 strips should make 80, which gives me a 4'x5' lap quilt. I got the first dozen pairs pinned and partially sewn. Have to wind more bobbins so this is a good place to stop for the evening.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A long time ago, I had a young male relative who injured himself tripping. But he would make up stories about how he got the injury doing something heroic.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found sis's kiddie jewelry box at dad's, brought home and polished up contents with toothpaste & old toothbrush (costume jewelry, not good stuff.) One engraved necklace was pretty but 2" across, larger than anyone would wear. I turned it into a key chain to send to her. Sorted & compacted stuff in my jewelry-making stash to incorporate the "new" junk I was keeping. Some will be useful for sun-catchers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working on the office light. All that's left is connecting it to the switch, which could be tricky. Long story. I just hope I can figure it out. This is a problem that's been sitting there mocking me for 20 yrs, overlooked in favor of other more pressing projects. But I'm hoping the worst is over. We will know in an hour or so. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    A long time ago, I had a young male relative who injured himself tripping. But he would make up stories about how he got the injury doing something heroic.
    If anybody ever asks about the scars on my feet I'm going to say "alligator."
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spoke too soon. I haven't figured it all out yet, but maybe tomorrow. Fingers still crossed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On the plus side of the project, removing 3 small pieces of T&G cedar on the closet wall behind the light switch, then cutting out a chunk of Sheetrock worked for access to run the new wiring in. The repair of the cedar will be invisible when we're done. Don't know why it took me so long to figure that part out.

Guess I'll be studying wiring diagrams the rest of the day.

If all else fails, I'll call our electrician after the 28th. I'm sure she'd be able to figure it out in 5.4 seconds.

I'm happy to have the project this far along. I know it's going to finally get finished, one way or another.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is definitely a better day. All I did on the house yesterday was to fold and put away some of the laundry. I got a lot done on stash organization though.

I really love using the key tags for floss, so I got some labeled for other WIPs. I haven’t had a satisfactory way to keep stuff for projects together. I found that my long needle organizers just fit in my plastic shoe box size containers, so I’m putting them in those. To put them in the large bookcase, I took out all the DMC and CXC floss, and put the bobbins in zip locks. Moved them to the three tray cart that been a jumbled mess of project stuff, threw a piece of fabric over it to block light. That also moves some project clutter off the side table where I work. It’s a great improvement, something I should have figured out a long time ago. But then having all the floss cut to length on the key tags is what makes it work since I don’t need to use the bobbin boxes and it will all pack up in the shoe box containers.

Sometimes today I’ll finish putting away laundry and groceries. If I get anything else done it will just be a bonus.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the wreath apart. It must have been pricey, was constructed to survive a tornado. I did not realize it had white lights (the icicle type) and miraculously they survived being dismantled. The spare bag of bulbs was even taped to the plug! I threw away all the greenery stuff, just too much hassle to wash or try to clean. Kept the picks, lights and wire frame.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

way to go dcompton... you can always use the don't touch for a few days for virus excuse for groceries. spirited your room made me look again online for she sheds lol we have had stuff done our place without permits but professionals because it seems you need permits for everything. like dh put in the toilet and sink in the basement. and since the plumbing hook ups had been there since the place was built just hidden. even the windows we just did apparently needed it but our friend has been in construction for decades so wasn't worried about quality of work.

popped allergy pill raining off and on here. though I shopped yesterday turned out no cheese and no one told me we were out so went to safeway since a sale there so another $125 out. dd and friend made capes out of polar fleece last night too.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/han...hed/1000693388

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the remaining skeins for my vamp afgan wound into balls. I do have a couple of other skeins that I can wind up but that's another project. I also got some work done on the vamp afgan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy. Good start on the project, SD.

DC, as long as the refrigerated stuff made it to the fridge you're good for a couple days.

Ren, that sounds like progress.

Not sure if I showed this yet, but here are my strips:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1587.jpg

Here are some block permutations. First, all the same colors:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1590.jpg

Two different sets of colors:

2020 Stash Management-dscn1591.jpg

Another variation.

2020 Stash Management-dscn1592.jpg

I'm going to unpick scraps in case I need to construct more blocks. Otherwise they'll become 2.5" squares.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

success! I folded laundry and got the groceries stowed. I don’t why I make such heavy weather of that. It’s not like it’s the all the clothing and food for Buckingham Palace. Lol

Ive also been working on the cross stitch. I finally came to some color patches, so I’ve been making better progress.

I just got an email from 123 Stitch telling me that “most of” my order was set to ship Tuesday. It will interesting to see what comes. I’m hoping the special cut of fabric for the dinosaur is included.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still working on the vamp afgan. I can see some progress, even though it's still slow going. I may get some work done on the lapgan for a change of pace. I found some of the leftover yarn from green/grey fingering afgan I made last year. I may use that for a lapgan, although I don't know if I'll keep that for myself since I don't use lapgans. I may send it to the senior living facility where my Dad lives. I'll direct it to the staff there since they're doing a really good job taking care of the residents there, especially in these trying times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

raining here all day so perfect to do nothing and watch my shows. I had to frog the last 4 rows of my lapgan because turns out I was adding stitches so getting wider. allergy brain.