2020 Stash Management - Page 88
Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1653
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow you are busy spirit.. is a nice surprise to have flowers pop up when you weren't expecting them. maybe some peppermint oil would help or cat hair. my cats just seem to want to hang out in the yard cus spring. Things we had saved from neighbourhood houses torn down are blooming a white iris and the peonies are white w pink. everything lush and flowering. really need to get to planting seeds etc. went and watered all the pots since hasn't rained for a couple of days but think it may soon.

our michaels hasn't opened yet not that I need anything! haven't done much except a row or two of the stuff I had to frog. haven't felt well and family... ds not doing schoolwork so grounded and now doing it. I know he thinks he is getting stuff back early but no.

today my mom phd when I got up to go to er blood in pee.. uti.. been there w mil. so didn't go to work ..did met school secretary of kids old school lovely lady in er retired but her dh has cancer and was there because thinks he had a blood clot..something not good anyways sad.. as she said best laid retirement plans. her son works at a camp we went to a few times..will be a grandma in the fall. then we went to dutch store by hospital and mall for prescription and some shopping. messaged my sister and cousin cus they had questions. my mom doesn't really understand messenging etc. sisters bday today mom said made her feel old youngest one being 49.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awful watching our old neighborhood burn. Even more awful is the reason why.

Husby just took off for Mom's appointment. I hope she can get her brace adjusted today and not have to go back, and no one gets sick out of the trip. He's going to the grocery store and Menards for necessary items, too.

Just saw on the news scientists are deciding 6' of distance isn't enough and that distance was only good for 15 minutes anyway.

All 4 of our apple trees are masses of blossoms. I hope we get a lot of apples this year. The two trees that bear eating apples have never bloomed at the same time before and never had many blossoms, so I hope that helps.

It looks like a dark, dreary day here. I hope it rains all day. We need a good soaker.

I plan to finish the 6 DfG bags today. I'm tired of thinking about them. I might start potting our flowers, too. It's warm enough for plants to be out all night now, so don't need to stay in their tray. I don't plan to do much though.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dark and raining here, too. I guess today is not the day I get stuff planted either. Lot of shoulder pain last night and today, not going to get much done. Called in 2 prescriptions last week, both got cancelled, so I have to chase those down to get refills. Going to be cranky all day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could pot stuff in the rain because greenhouse, but the sun came out. I ended up potting all 12 plants into 4 containers, not much work. All are trailing petunias. I hope the nursery still has pansies and especially veggies, but we're probably too late because of having to isolate the past 2 wks.

No bags done yet, but it's still early.

I hope Husby can get dry milk and white whole wheat flour today. I used up the last of the HM cream soup mix a couple days ago and don't want to switch back to high fat high sodium canned soup. We're also out of HM instant cocoa mix. We won't need that till winter but it would be nice to know we have the milk to make it.

Guess I should drag myself into the sewing room, but can't seem to drum up any enthusiasm. Which of course doesn't get anything done. It would feel good to get all the DfG sewing done though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the bags sewed, just have to press, add drawstring ribbons, and sticky roller all 29 of them. Glad they're this far along. I also altered my sling so my hand isn't always buried in it.

Husby had a good trip and Mom's brace is all adjusted now, so no more trips needed for now. He dropped her off, went across the mall's corridor to the grocery store, got our stuff and hers, went to load it up, and as he was finishing that, the staff from her appt came wheeling her out to her van. Perfect timing. He got the white wheat flour and brown rice, but no dry milk. I'm still happy. I was starting to worry about the flour. Menards had all 5 things on our list, even the clearance item I wanted, 4 of which were all together in the electrical section, so no wandering around the store. He spent $82 and rebates from previous purchases paid $75, why we don't mind dealing with the rebates.

Still need to make a sewing machine mat for my diet buddy. That shouldn't take long if I just get at it. Her birthday was in April.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made a skirt from a pair of wide leg drawstring pants. It is rather plain looking though. I might add something for decoration.

I am thinking of starting another clothing project today.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got more done on the vamp afgan. I seem to be focusing on that rather the quicker lapgan WIP. For some reason, I don't seem to want to go through my stash, even now. So I should be able to finish skein #2 on the vamp afgan some time this weekend, I hope...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put new elastic in old pull-on knit pants, should be able to wear for a while longer. I have 1 pair of shorts without pockets (from mom, homemade so I'm guessing from thrift store). I cut pocket bags from old sheet and will probably sew them on Sunday since I'm wearing right now. Sewed a cross-stitch piece onto fabric bag to make eyeglass case.
    Still waiting for JoAnn order - placed 5/15. Probably won't do that again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's nice and bright today and I'm feeling less sore. Shoulder is not giving me pains and swelling is down on the hands. May get some sewing done, but garden is the priority today.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope everyone feels better. warm and muggy here. overcast rain suppose to come tomorrow night. was going to stay home but decided to text friend to go to costco surplus store and a walk in the park near there. kathy that reminds me I have a pair like that I got from thrift store. have to organized my closet and make a few decisions. have some gardening to do still definitely water. never planted seeds etc yet.

have rearranged some yarn but just working on the blanket wips to get them out of the way so can do little stuff in the summer. dd and I watched a couple of the art shows I taped ages ago..landscape artist of the year etc. I have decided to have a lazy weekend or more then normal lazy lol not going to iron all the stuff I bleached but will take a good look to see if I want to keep it or not. like will I really ever use the decorative little pillows cases again. dh is not big on stuff like that lol all in the laundry basket and I need it for real laundry now. housework never goes away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were able to get everything we wanted at the nursery today, so I hope we won't have to go back. I hope we can plant everybody next week. Low tonight is supposed to be 34, so everybody gets an all expenses paid stay in the greenhouse for a few days.

Paid $5.69 for 85% lean hamburger. Can't believe we were willing to pay that much, but it's grill season. Cheese on sale for $3/lb, limit 2, so I bought 6. 😄 I asked permission first. Bacon was $5/lb for the good stuff, same price as last yr. $4/lb for hard salami again. All meat cases full. Bone-in beef ribs looked good and were $5/lb but decided not. Dairy case fully stocked, mostly. Today 's truck hadn't arrived yet. Somehow a 12 oz pkg of dill/garlic cheese curds jumped into the cart and refused get out, so that cost $5, typical price. Watermelon was $6 not on sale. Still no powdered milk, and now the space that used to be there for it is full of other stuff, not good. I can't figure it out when all other dairy is always available.

Cloudy and 55 here today. More rain wouldn't hurt.

Husby's napping. I would be but I'm making buns in anticipation of burgers. Events overnight kept us up late, then early. It's been a rough week. Sickening.

Not sure what I'll do today. Something writing related, I think. Writing is a great escape, and I get to make sure the right people get punished for bad acts. It's great to be the queen. 😄

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I havenít been able to get dry milk either. I have enough for now since I donít use a lot, but would like to have some backup. Todayís food project is to cook a big pot of beans, freeze most of it. If I can work up the ambition I may do that for several days and get a variety frozen. With meat shortages or prices rising, a lot more beans are going to be in the menu. Fortunately I like them. I have expensive taste even in beans - lol. Favorite are large limas, which have been $3 lb, but have not been available for quite a while. Today itís going to be cheap pintos. Anticipating much bean cooking, I bought ham base for seasoning. I canít find it Kroger so I ordered it a month or so ago on Amazon. Needless to say it wasnít a little jar but a tub. When I open that today Iíll freeze some because it will last a very long time.

The 123 Stitch order shows Monday delivery, but it left Shreveport this morning and should probably come tomorrow. I cancelled the order at Everything Cross Stitch with 22 count for the rain lady. Who knows when I will get the thread for that and thereís no hurry anyway. Iíll probably start the dinosaur, just because, but I want to focus on the three smaller HAEDs I have - universe, sheep, and dragon. My app shows percentage done, and I would like to get at least 25% done on each, but the ones Iím not working on are so bright and shiny, calling me. Anyway, self discipline is overrated in retirement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have a rice cooker, D? It's relatively quick and easy to cook dry beans in a rice cooker, no soaking required. Then you don't need freezer space for storage. I just learned about this mehod recently and I love it. My smallest (6 cup?) rice cooker works great for dry beans, and the cooker doesn't take much storage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do have a rice cooker. I could try it. I also have a lot of brown rice. I could cook some of that while it was out. I like having them in the freezer though. That way I don’t have cooking clean up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I read a couple of directions, watched a YouTube. Put in cooker, add water, go away and let it cook. That’s exactly what I do with a pot. I guess I don’t see how that is better, and I can do more at once in the pot. Am I missing something? I don’t always soak them, even for the pot.