2020 Stash Management - Page 98
Page 98 of 162 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2419
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Those came out nice Kathy. They have a very cool feel to them.

M, I need to figure out curtains for the basement. We used to have plastic blinds but they were just dust catchers. I love that natural light is getting down there for the first time in decades, and hate to cover the windows but we have to for privacy and security. Can't have someone peeking in and seeing DH's work computer.

Missed one block on the quilt, so I need to do that and then DH can have the hobby table. He's been asking me all week when I am going to be done.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone has been really busy since I last checked in.

Kathy - The thread turned out great.

I am itching to start one of the big rain lady pattern, but pulled out the dragon instead. After I had restarted it on 18 I didn’t get as much done as I thought I had. I’ll work on that a few days at least. I got to just under 10% of the hybiscus done yesterday so put it aside. I’m really liking rotating through a bunch of projects. It keeps it more interesting and keeps the motivation rolling along.

I’m struggling with myself over a want right now. I love the new floss I got for rain lady and really, really want it for the dinosaur, another big blockbuster pattern. However I figured out what I would need and cheap was definitely not the outcome. Now is also not the most reassuring of times to be spending on hobbies. On the other hand, the whole time I’m working on it if I don’t, I’ll be wishing I had and it’s a really long term project. A long time to grump through non-buyer’s regret.

There is one other pattern on the probably-won’t-be-able-to-wait list. Recently HAED had a day where half of all proceeds would go to a variety of good causes. I ordered a special service. These are never included in their normal sales so I could indulge with at least half a clear conscience. I ordered what they call a quick stitch, which is a crop of a detail from the picture. The dragon I’m doing is one of them that someone else had ordered so it was available to everyone. They’re not just crops, but the area chosen is completely recharted. I don’t know how long it will will take for it to be ready. Usually a couple of weeks to six or more, depending on how busy they are. It’s the bottom photo. I’m cropping out the upper left corner, over to the bird, as far down as the bottom of the ledge, cutting off part of the skirt and all of the high wall. It’s a pattern called Secret Places. I’ll use dmc for this one. I don’t know what size it will be but I’ll probably have fabric and definitely will have the floss. Hereafter known as Cat Lady.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Stash Management-392a4460-690d-46bb-a3fa-61a93a288f48.jpg

2020 Stash Management-47e416b6-2e03-41d7-baa7-4ed4ee91348a.jpeg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started another DMC free pattern. They have released some new free patterns recently. Had to substitute one green and it does not look right, probably have to pull that out and choose another shade to try. Sewed 2 masks for myself and a bunch of pre-cut 2X4" rectangles into 4X4" blocks. Don't know what they will become yet. Used all my old white thread, using up some light gray now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This week will be my owl skirt. A fairly plain skirt with an owl picture print sewn on it.

I also have my almost finished robe dress.

I want to do something with the new thread I just dyed.

I am trying to finish at least one project for every new one I start. I am not counting the thread dyeing in this because it is a fairly quick thing. I do the thread dyeing process over a couple days. But most of that is waiting for the thread to dry.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not too sure about moving the lilies of the valley as ours came with the house. They do spread all over though. Probably as you were thinking, dig up a mat of them.
    piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby got all the lilies moved! FINALLY! I've only been nagging 6 or 7 yrs. I would have done it myself if I could have. There are still some in the new space that are in large clumps in need of being broken up and transplanted, but that won't take much and they won't interfere with setting up the garden space now. The main thing is they're gone from the space next to the garage where I want to put other things.

The big stack of telephone pole cross arms have been used up building the terraces is all used up except for just a few small pieces. That's a giant pile of stuff no longer in the way. I bought them about 25 yrs ago and we built planter boxes from them. They were starting to rot and we removed them, but saved them for this project. By the time they're completely rotted, the lilies will have spread all over the hill we're trying yo kerp from eroding and won't be needed. The rotted wood will provide nutrients then.

Husby used all but 12 bags of topsoil, so probably 20 bags that have been sitting around a couple yrs at least. We will use a few more on the clumpy lilies. I'm happy to have extras because we have lots of huge pots to fill since we can't grow much in the ground here.

Wow, the door has finally opened to a whole giant list of projects that depended on the lilies being moved. We won't get them all done this yr, but at least we should be able to get the dog fence back up, good enough for now anyway.

It's been a good few days. 🙂

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to say the potato fork turned out to work the best to dig up the lilies, at least till one of the tines broke. Fortunately, he was almost done when that happened.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My owl skirt in progress.

It is a little subtle but I am stitching around the white outline of the owl and branch.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200616_163144172_1592346812865.jpg

2020 Stash Management-img_20200616_163156520_1592346821797.jpg

I just realized it will probably not be very noticeable unless someone is on the floor looking at the details of my skirt. That would be kind of unsettling. Unless the person was a crafter. 😉
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cute owl, Kathy.

That sounds like a heck of a lot accomplished, SD.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

I had a day out, did a little shopping and bought 3 small pieces of fabric at the 2nd hand place. Got my machine set up in the usual place and sewed a couple stars.

I need to move some projects that have been here since winter.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thatís funny, Kathy. Unsettling indeed! Thatís a beautiful print.

Our trash problems are probably going to be solved. Sharon is having a company come out this week to see where they could place a small dumpster. Burning for three households (four when Sharon can finally build and move out here too) has been a pain, and a real problem during burn bans in the summer when everything had to be hauled to the dump. The truck was very old and unreliable so dump runs could be problematic and the smelly stuff piled up. The truck has been sold cheap to avoid further repairs but not replaced yet. A dumpster would solve all the problems at once. That would save the guys a lot of work and I will love it because I wonít have to continue separating burnable and non burnable, needing a second trash can in my little kitchen. Thereís no recycling in the area. Split four ways it will cost us each about $20 a month for weekly pickup. It canít start too soon! I donít like the idea of burning anyway. Landfills are bad but burning pollution is worse. I guess this is managing garbage stash? Lol.

The dragon cross stitch seems to be slow going for some reason. Thereís been a lot of confetti but even so it seems to go nowhere. Maybe tonight it will speed up a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sewed more quilt rectangles into squares and worked on cross-stitch. Not exciting but calming. Which was what I needed during dog's diarrhea episode. Going to start stripping wallpaper today while hubby is out of the house for 6 hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't make myself go out to the garage and build new legs for the fridge table in my office, but I did get the new bookshelf partially assembled so painting could commence. The first coat is on, so I'm hoping it's done and installed by Monday. It's humid so I'm not sure how well the paint will dry.

I managed to hurt myself putting in 6 measly screws even with Husby's help, so it's ice packs and Motrin for me the rest of the day. My doc said I don't have to sit around and do nothing, but I'd sure like to know what he thinks I can do.

Today I plan to spend some quality time with my Biker story. Time to get down to working on that. It's not finished but I've mentally ironed out the ending so can proceed with some serious editing. I love a good mark-up, so maybe I can head my pity party off at the pass. Assuming I can lift a 4 lb manuscript without further injury, that is.

Another hot and miserable day here. We're supposed to get storms tonight, so I'm hoping for no fires. It's so dry here when Husby dug up the lilies, the dirt was just dust six inches down. Not good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am much more into calming activities than exciting activities. It is tempting to say at my age, but truthfully I have always been like this. Sometimes I feel like I was born at old lady. At least I get teased about it less now. BTW, I am currently 52.

I also have different ideas on what is exciting than some people. Some board games can be quite exciting. Finishing a jigsaw puzzle is quite a thrill. Getting new craft supplies is pretty exciting.

People have called me boring in the the past. I stopped caring about that a few decades ago.🤓
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Argh. The landscapers have been running leaf blowers practically every day this week so far. It's hard to focus with all the noise. The smell of diesel doesn't help either.

Haven't been working on the vamp afgan much this week. Almost done with skein #3. I should be done with it tonight if I put my mind to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone has something to occupy them today.

DH and I set up the hobby table last night. We need to get more stuff out of the garage but there's no place to store it. DH didn't want to pay for the storage trailer for more than 2 months, OTOH he's in no hurry to get the stuff out of it, either. At this rate we're going to have it through July, while it becomes an oven.

I'm going to do another star or two, and then I've got 3 sections of baby quilt to attach together.

Use it up, Wear it out,