2020 Stash Management
Page 1 of 162 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2020 Stash Management

We’ve been around quite a while so most villagers probably know what we do here. We share what comes in and goes out of our hobby and DIY stashes, our plans, our projects, and our days.

So here’s to a bright, shiny new year, and off we go! Come join us!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yea! A bright shiny new thread!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Goal for 2020 - cross stitch like crazy and purchase only floss and probably needles. Working these big many-colored projects, you can never have enough needles. All of you are snickering because I say this every year, but this year I Really. Mean. It. I do! I do!

Everything that I’ve added in the Final Binge should arrive by Friday or Saturday, except from a few stray bits from abroad. One last thing I ordered last night is a longer arm for my frame. The best deal by far I found for it was in Canada, but it’s a special order so won’t be here until sometime in February. My hope is that it will let a narrow table I have fit between it and the chair.

A couple of the guys just put my whiteboard on the wall. It has a dent in the frame, but I can live with that. I’m really glad to have it and sending it back for a replacement that might also be dented when it’s roughly the size of a tennis court is just too much hassle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am glad to have found a craft home where people are not snobby about what materials you use. That is a rare treasure. Well there are some places where people do crafts with recycled material. But then they start on things like "did you use eco friendly fabric paint?" So I will stick with my frugal friends here.

I have lots of potential craft goals. Things I want to do. New craft books and supplies I have gotten. Things I should get rid of - or at least hall off to our storage area. But right now, I think I will just leave it open. It is possible that might change at some point in later this year.

I guess my goal is simply to keep on crafting. To not fall into the "don't feel like doing anything" rut.

I have some minor stash building. I want to pick up some more thread. A slight splurge with some Valdani brand thread.

I browsed some fabric online, but decided not to get anything. There is a lot of nice stuff out there, but I still have so much unused stuff. And I go through fabric like a sloth. Maybe two or three fat quarters and some scraps a year. I probably will not buy any for awhile. Unless there is some special project I need something specific for.

I might possibly buy some felt later this year. I am working through the felt bird book between other projects. I might need to pick up more colors to do some of the birds. For example, I do not have pink for the flamingos. On the other hand, there are lots of birds I do have the colors for. So I might leave them for last.

I probably will not be burning through a whole lot of supplies this year, since I mostly do small projects.

I am not deliberately choosing to have a minimal buy year for crafts. But I think it might just work out that way.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My craft buying varies a lot. I have no idea what I spend per yr. Don't care either. So much of what I buy is stuff I get at thrifts or rummage sales, so I never know what I will find or what it might cost. I will save hundreds not buying much for DfG any more, or paying shipping. Sometimes I run across deals I can't pass up, like my new serger. And my new serger table. I'm often very patient as I wait for a good deal on something I want, but always ready to pounce when the right thing comes up.

I guess the whole Amazon order is mine this time, mostly sewing. I got the cross stitch, 2 more stick-on light strips for 2 machines, a 4 pack of sewing machine needle threaders, stuff like that. Tools, basically, nothing exciting. It's supposed to arrive Friday and Sunday. Sunday delivery would be different. I ordered a skein of scrubby yarn, too. I have one of those knitted scrubbies and love it.

Goals for this yr include adding fake frames to all the completed cross stitch floating around here and getting them ready to hang. I know there's a whole list of outside projects, and another list of camper mods. The big one will be if we can get the garage ceiling installed and insulated. That, and get the genset hooked up to the house. That'll be spendy, especially for the electrician, but it would be nice not to have to worry so much about power outages.

I will continue to fine tune my sewing and hobby storage to maximize space.

Still have to finish the master bathroom. I hope we can get that done in the next couple months.

I have projects too numerous to mention. Usually it boils down to what we feel like doing and/or what becomes a priority for some reason.

It'll be a busy yr, like always. I keep wondering when I will ever get to retire.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year everyone! I don't post much but read everyday. I have been into crochet for months and looks
    like it will continue. Mostly using up yarn for scarves that will be donated. I also have some cross stitch plans but on the tiny plastic canvas using floss. They will be magnets for Christmas presents. I want to be ready in December. lol

I am also this close to getting my sewing machine. I have a list of things I would like to try so hopefully by spring.

Have a safe new years eve and a happy healthy 2020.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hoping to finish some UFOs and use up what is on hand. I am going to have a lot more free time in 2020 and really looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Blankety- blank FV suddenly won’t let me go back to the desktop version. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I hate it when this happens because I really dislike the mobile version. If it doesn’t start behaving I may just have to get used to it.

We had enough fireworks around here to scare of the New Year’s demons for miles and miles. I hope most of Louisiana and parts of easy Texas appreciate our efforts. I’ve felt lousy all day and done nothing at all. Slept a lot of it. I’m feeling better though so maybe the fireworks were effective - lol.

Did I say earlier the guys came and mounted my new white board? I’m a little fuzzy about what I did this morning.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, you posted about the white board.

The button to switch to the desktop version is in some really weird place. I hope you can get it changed to your satisfaction.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished my project of reusable period pads for a friend who is taking them to Africa. Made a few dozen. Now I am back to Log Cabin quilt squares that my late DH started, doing them production style.

Also want to get back to cutting charm squares out of my scrap fabric.

Still making winter hats and scarves for the homeless shelter. Still have a ton of yarn.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for making the period supplies. Many people don't realize how great the need is, including here in the US. Having a way to manage their periods is life changing for many girls and women, both short term and long term. It's also environmentally friendly, an important consideration with the global environmental crisis we're in now.

I have to make dog food today, so I'm not sure what else I'll get done. Husby was planning to start learning to sew today, so I hope we can work on that at some point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not craft-related but I just watched 2 dog movie trailers. SD you would like Disney's "Togo" with Willem DaFoe and real live action, available for streaming. Harrison Ford is in "Call of the Wild" but the dog is CGI!!!! I'll pass on that one.
    I sewed 2 hand warmers together this morning. Need to replace the zipper in hubby's fleece.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did some thread experiments today. First I tried marker without the rubbing alcohol. There was a lot of white spots so I dabbed on some rubbing alcohol. Now there are less white spots. Still a bit hard to get coverage. Here it is before heat set and wash.
    2020 Stash Management-img_20200101_100312151_1577892165611.jpg

Next I tried an idea that I saw online. Water and drops of ink in a Ziploc bag. I am not sure if the colors will wash out, but they look nice just out of the bag. After they dry I will iron them to heat set. Both batches are one bit of DMC thread and one of silk thread. The silk is the long thread. The green DMC is an attempt to overdye. I am not sure how much color took.

2020 Stash Management-img_20200101_100338309_1577892535249.jpg
    2020 Stash Management-img_20200101_100329917_1577892553521.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for movie info.

Dog food in progress. Husby's out shoveling snow. One of the panels blew out of a greenhouse door during the storm. Not sure what we can do about it because the cold makes the plastic panel brittle. Have to figure out something though, or we'll have a lot of snow in the gh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Your thread turned out really nice. If they turn out to be colorfast, the bottom two are the two sets in the bottom pics are winners. The top one is less impressive but would be a nice lightly variegated thread. It will probably be pretty when it’s worked.

The FV desktop version popped up this morning from my home page link. Like it should. It must have just been something going on at the site yesterday. The link to get back to it is in the mobile version menu, but it wasn’t working yesterday. All fixed now!

The cross stitches I took the big bulletin board were still on the table, so last night I put the winter ones that weren’t Christmas on the board. There are only 4, counting a little gnome in a red hat that I arbitrarily determined is a winter picture. They look quite lost on the board. However the board works brilliantly. I wish I had thought of it sooner. Once I bring order out of chaos in here, I’ll get out more.

Page 1 of 162 12341151101 ... LastLast