Sewing Club Challenge #1
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Exclamation Sewing Club Challenge #1

Okay all you Sewing Club members, here is a challenge for you all.

I want you to make something for yourself! Yep just for YOU!

I know most of you are just like me, always making things for others and never for yourself. Well this time it is going to be all for YOU! Not your kids, hubby, pets or anyone else you usually do for.

It can be anything you want, a top, shorts, skirt, slacks, sundress, new placemats, a cover for an appliance, a purse or wallet, anything you want. But it has to be something just for you, something only YOU will get enjoyment out of.

Put on your thinking caps and then sign up here and let us know what you will be making.

Then give us an approximate timeline you think you can get it done in. Also please post a picture if you can.

Ready, Set GO!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll go first.

I just said the heck with the house today, lol, I'm going to sew! It has been a very, very, very long time since I have sewn anything for myself. Sooooo I am going to be making this top. http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?...63&StartRow=28 Go down to #4218 I'll be making View B. I hope to have it done either today or tomorrow.

Okay, who's next?

Registered User wanderinggrandma's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute top! I am going to recover the cushions on my glider rockingchair. It sits in my sewing/craft room and the cushions are blue and well. . . . ugly comes to mind. I purchased a throw several months ago to use for this project so now I need to get 'er done. I will shoot for the end of the month--oldest grandbaby and DD are visiting and I'm not going to kid myself I'll start until they go home.

Thanks for the challenge!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am going to try that handbag organizer, i am traveling at the end of the month and think this would be great for my carryon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to be in the sewing club!!!! I'm making a wallet right now, I'll post a pic when I'm done (which should be toorrow)!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I'm going to do this also! I have a flannel quilt top that I need to put borders on in order to get it ready for the quilter, so I'm going to get the fabric this week and put the borders on. That would be one more top finished, so I can get back to working on the quilt for my bed. Thanks for the push!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great idea, Dee!

I am in...just not sure if I'll be making a top for myself or if I'll do placemats. I need both. I'm going to give myself until the end of the month too because I am in the middle of trying to make my first camp shirt (for Kathryn). If I can get that done w/o throwing it across the room, I will be making another for Lauren. When those are done (or when I've given up on them, I will move on to a top or placemats. I do have fabric to make another skirt for myself too ...so I'm going to be vague about what I'm going to make, but I will make something!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I sewed myself a top yesterday after reading this challenge. I recycled 2 tank tops; one was too small, one too large. I have one seam I still need to sew up and then I'll post a pic. It is INCREDIBLY difficult to sew with toddlers around. Now I remember why I don't sew much these days!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going to recover the cushions on my glider rockingchair. My DD "painted" all over it and I need to take the old cover off and put the new one on before the new baby comes so I can use it.

Thanks for the challenge, I have been meaning to get it done for awhile.

Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

~OK! Here's my recycled top. I'm in shock that my DH wandered over while I was sewing and said it was a very nice shirt. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW, that came out GREAT Constance! I love it!

2 things:

#1 Can I PLEASE have your body?

#2 I have to change when mine will be done. Going to be at least another week for me. Life is getting in the way. I should have known better. LOL
    And out of the 4 patterns I purchased the other day, well let's just say you should take your measurements (something I haven't done in a long time) BEFORE you go shopping. Not one of them fit me, so I may just finish up a couple of UFO's I have in progress instead. LOL

I'm so happy to see so many of you joining in this challenge!

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nuisance I love your top! None of my recycled clothes look that good.

I want to make either a sundress or a tank top, does anyone know offhand if there are any free patterns online? I just want something really simple to wear around the house. I find dresses much cooler for doing housework in the summer.

Forgot to give my time frame - probably a couple weeks as my youngest child is sick right now.
    Last edited by monkeywrangler71; 06-12-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Thanks for the compliments gals. It was VERY nice making something for me for a change! Monkey: I don't know about free online patterns but you could use a tank you already have for your pattern. I read a book(written in the 70's by hippies) about making patterns for simple things like shirts and tanks, elastic waist pants and skirts and sundresses just tracing around the piece you want to copy. If you already know basic clothes construction it's fairly simple. Just an idea.~

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Thanks for the compliments gals. It was VERY nice making something for me for a change! Monkey: I don't know about free online patterns but you could use a tank you already have for your pattern. I read a book(written in the 70's by hippies) about making patterns for simple things like shirts and tanks, elastic waist pants and skirts and sundresses just tracing around the piece you want to copy. If you already know basic clothes construction it's fairly simple. Just an idea.~

I think I might try that. I've been making simple pattern adjustments the last little while, maybe I'm ready to try something right from scratch. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work - I'll just cut it up for something smaller.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Constance, that top is gorgeous! Great job.

My wallet won't be done until later in the week, what with dance recitals, tupperware parties, etc...

Dee, I hate taking my measurements too, that is why I never make myself clothes!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast