Do any of you enjoy jigsaw puzzles?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do any of you enjoy jigsaw puzzles?

I have seen some of the neatest jigsaw puzzles lately.
    They have come a long way since I was young!

I've always thought they made a good family project
    and were something especially good to do in the
    wintertime when you weren't able to do many outdoor
    activities.

Do any of you enjoy jigsaw puzzles?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love working jigsaw puzzles. When my MIL was alive, we would eat dinner at her house every Wednesday and work a puzzle. She framed 3 of the ones that we did and gave them to us. I'm so glad she did this as everytime I love at them I think about the time we all spent together working the puzzles! It's one of my favorite memories of her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to sound like a puzzle grinch, but I really really hate them! I find them terribly frustrating.

My kids think they like them, but the only do a little for a few minutes and wander off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think that's one off the best things about jigsaw puzzles - you can work on them a little at a time and come back anytime!!

I like doing them, but have never bought any. Perhaps I'll go check some out and see what's new and different. like the idea of a family activity.

We do a lot at the preschool - of course - and the children enjoy them!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love doing puzzles. I set a table up in the family room and even my 13 yr old son will work with me ( once in a while)
    I went to a garage sale his summer and bought all these great puzzles for .50 each. I can't wait for the cold yucky weather so I can work on the puzzles again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I enjoy working puzzles!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i do too. I have 5 waiting for me this winter when Im snow bound. I got some at yard sales ans some at vaule village for 2.99. 500 piece ones with beautiful pics. these types. historical ones or people in them.
    http://www.madcraftgroup.com/289241.html
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/3/7...0335118_tp.jpg

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I saw a puzzle in the summer that was just a plain white circle. It had a gazillion pieces, every one a different shape. You had to put it together by matching the shape of the piece, since there was no picture to go by.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE jigsaw puzzles! Growing up my best friend's uncle actually made jigsaw puzzles. He applied the picture to wood and cut the wood into intricate pieces.

When we were growing up we would rent a house on the bay for 1-2 weeks. The TV reception was very poor. Mom brought jigsaw puzzles and we would all gather around a card table and work on it in the evenings.

I have some VERY hard jigsaw puzzles! I worked one on the dining room table last winter. Hubby and step-daughter helped a little.

My eye sight is getting bad! I have to have very good lighting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, yeah, I love jigsaw puzzles. But I get OCD over them. I'll sit for HOURS working on them, telling myself I'll quit after I get the border, or that particular colour, or the rest of the structure, and before I know it, it is 3:00 am, and I finally have to RIP myself away and limp my sore body into bed.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ah, madhen, we must be twins. I love puzzles, and I too can work all day and into the very wee hours of the morning -- and end up so stiff from sitting I hobble to bed. One more piece... one more piece... I'm on a roll, can't stop now ...or ... I haven't found one in forever, and I'm not quitting until I get just one more.... I'm sure you know how that goes!

I go in spells. For a year or so I'll be a compulsive puzzle worker, and then I'm off them for a quite a while. Right now is an off period - I've had other things to do. But I was thinking the other day, it was about time. I have some new ones too that I bought just before I ran out of steam on the last round in the early spring.

I like around a 1000 pieces. I have a few bigger, but decided I really don't have anything to prove, and I like to finish and move on to the next! I never frame them. For me they are reusable toys.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love doing them. I can't believe what they cost, though. I like the big 5000 piece ones, I can usually do those in an afternoon. I almost never buy them though, because they don't last long enough -- for what they cost -- to entertain me enough. For $50-60 worth of fabric I can amuse myself for a week or more.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love jigsaw puzzles! I have 4 that I intend to just hold on to and do whenever I feel like it... I picked them up (now don't laugh too hard ) on a vacation in the lower 48 when we went to a dollar store (yes, this is part of any trip ). Puzzles up here are a minimum of $7-9 for a 500 piece puzzle. I saw those for $1 and jumped at the chance!! hahahahaha I want one of those 'puzzle mats' where you can just roll it up if you won't have time to work on it for a a few days or what not...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love jigsaw puzzles, too! I will also work into the wee hours of the morning to find just one more piece. DH has worked the last 10 New Years Eves, and my tradition has been to put a puzzle together. I work full time, so my puzzle time is limited. I love the online jigsaw puzzles, too. I can fit a quick one in at any time.

Don't waste your money on the puzzle mat. I bought one, and it really doesn't work very well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE them. I also become obsessive about them and work on them until the very wee hours and am not happy until I finish this part or that part and I have a whole system for seperating the pieces. No one else in my family likes them and they all roll thier eyes when I drag the card table out. They know what that means . I get them at Walmart for a reasonable price but mostly I get them free at my library . There is a table just piled high with puzzles that people leave there when they are finished with them. In theory it is a puzzle exchange where you bring one and take one but there isnt anyone really keeping track. I take them occasionally and leave them but dont always take one so I dont feel bad when I take one but havent left one that trip. Also I have one of those puzzle mats that was mentioned and I would also say dont waste your money. It really doesnt work well .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast