Thegreatcourses.com DVD's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoying the lectures I've gotten and watched so far. There is only one professor that I'm not that fond of. He's not bad but he uses the 2nd person POV, which I find distracting.

Just finished the course on secret societies. A lot of names but I enjoyed it. I'm currently watching the "Beginnings of Judaism" course. It's interesting and I think I might re-watch the Jewish Influences on Jesus/Christianity course. I know they overlap since some of the lectures cover a lot of similar material. I'm not sure what course I'll watch next but I'll probably do the Introduction to Formal Logic course or one of the writing/literature courses next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just read an article in the local paper - these are actually produced close to where I live. A total surprise. Now I am intrigued.
    ‘The Netflix of learning’ | Articles | fairfaxtimes.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr, that's so cool. So is the article. The Great Courses has several different options for accessing their lectures, including a digital library.

Just finished the "Beginnings of Judaism" course. That was interesting, especially since I also watched the one on the Jewish Influences on Jesus.

The one on Secret Societies was cool but had a lot of names. I'm also in the process of watching the one on Camping, which is pretty recent. That's a very good intro to camping and outdoor survival/excursions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I liked those two also. I think I've now watched all the philosophy and religion courses and that's a LOT of lectures. I really liked the Dead Sea Scrolls one.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kim, the Dead Sea Scrolls one is still on my wish list. I'll probably pick it up the next time it goes on sale. The first set I picked up was on the Gnostic Gospels, which I liked. I like the philosophy and religion ones.

I started Life Lessons from the Great Myths. So far so good. (I put the Outdoor Fundamentals one to the side for the moment.)

Funny thing is, I noticed that the backgrounds in the recording studios changed over the years. Not just the pictures in the background but the walls as well. One thing I did notice in the lectures on the Black Death series is that some items were moved around a bit from lecture to lecture. I think I need to go back and watch some others to see if the same thing happens in those as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've noticed changes, too. The older ones were recorded in front of a live class. I pay $10 a month for the service. When I first subscribed, it was $19.99 a month. I cancelled then I got a special offer so I took it. I love that they're 30 minute lectures. I haven't looked at the ones in my field but I imagine they would have been good class openers. The one on games was excellent, too.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I noticed that about the first classes as well, Kim. So far, that's only bothered me on one of the courses where the Professor seemed to be lecturing to the people in front of him. It wasn't that bad, just distracting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12