2020 TV Binge Watching
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2020 TV Binge Watching

Given the shutdown and everyone staying at home at the moment, what are you watching? I watch DVDs while I'm crocheting at home so I'm taking the time to binge watch a few shows. So far, here's what I've got so far:

*NCIS (both main show and New Orleans) - This is one of my usual 'comfort' shows that I watch. I've watched it several time already so the earlier seasons tend to be more white noise these days.

*Warehouse 13 - I haven't watched these for quite a few years and I never did finish season 4. I finally bought season 5 (which was a short one, even for this show) recently. Enjoyable show, especially if you like Sci-Fi and has some the X-Files vibes to it.

*Primeval - Scientists and British Special Forces combine efforts to track down dinosaurs in modern Britain and figure out the reason why. It's definitely entertaining.

I'm also watching some of my Great Courses lectures here and there but not binging on them. I have the Brokenwood Mysteries and Blake's 7 in the queue once I finish Primeval.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    Given the shutdown and everyone staying at home at the moment, what are you watching? I watch DVDs while I'm crocheting at home so I'm taking the time to binge watch a few shows. So far, here's what I've got so far:

*NCIS (both main show and New Orleans) - This is one of my usual 'comfort' shows that I watch. I've watched it several time already so the earlier seasons tend to be more white noise these days.

*Warehouse 13 - I haven't watched these for quite a few years and I never did finish season 4. I finally bought season 5 (which was a short one, even for this show) recently. Enjoyable show, especially if you like Sci-Fi and has some the X-Files vibes to it.

*Primeval - Scientists and British Special Forces combine efforts to track down dinosaurs in modern Britain and figure out the reason why. It's definitely entertaining.

I'm also watching some of my Great Courses lectures here and there but not binging on them. I have the Brokenwood Mysteries and Blake's 7 in the queue once I finish Primeval.
    we loved warehouse 13 was rewatching them w dd .. we had seen them on tv. watch primeval back in the day too. plus primeval new world. that was shot here. really we are watching all our weekly shows. we love shows like that. librarians are good too. dc legends of tomorrow. had pvr'd season 5 of the magicians and watched some of it. god friended me , zoes extraordinary playlist, simpsons tonight. sitcoms we watch too. top chef and top chef canada started again plus other shows. dh is still working and so am i so it depends if it is a my show or our show. magicians are a our show.. rupaul drag race is mine lol what we do in the shadows is new to us too.

all depends on what we feel like too. mindless etc. taped hometown horror yesterday so cruising though them while doing other things and being on the computer. watched extraction new netflix movie last night. we have so many channels, netflix etc . I pvr all the hallmark movies too. but dh isn't in to them either lol I like taping you can skip though commercials or parts of the show.

I am waiting for the next season of brokewood mysteries and midsomer murders to come on a local channel. watch escape to the chateau too. new one every sunday night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Librarians looks good but haven't gotten into it yet. I do like Legends of Tomorrow. I also like the Flash and Supergirl but not the Arrow so much. The early seasons of Arrow were good but I've lost patience with the later seasons. Tried getting into Magicians but didn't get much past season 1. I"m not much into sitcoms.

Sigh. I have a lot of Great Courses lecture that look really interesting but I haven't watched as many of them during the shutdown as I thought I would. Right now, I agree - mindless is good. One of the reasons I like DVDs is not having commercials.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have tried the great courses from the library but maybe when no kids lol the magicians does take time. dh tried watching arrow etc and did a few seasons but just too many crossovers , then all the comic book parts which universe.. just too much. like superman etc same lol too much for us to try to figure out and we aren't going to go back and read years of comic books.

Librarians has 3 movies made over the years first then they got into the seasons. actually I have been taping Svengoolie with is vintage horror movies. attack of the 50ft woman this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually like the crossovers in the Arrowverse. Arrow got too grim, likely because they wanted each show to have its own style. I don't mind gritty but being grim for grim's sake gets old. That's also one of the reasons why I couldn't get into the Battlestar Galactica reboot. The other main reason was because it aired right in the middle of the Gulf War and I had enough of watching similar things happening in real life at the same time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished watching The Brokenwood Mysteries. I had the first three seasons so I knew I enjoyed it. There are only four episodes each season but they're ~90 minutes each. They are entertaining with a dry, understated humor.

I'm rewatching Primeval but I've seen it before. I've been rewatching it in bits and pieces, though.

Right now, I'm watching Blake's 7 for the first time. It's an old series - from the late 1970s. The effects are cheesy but the story so far is fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been watching stuff we've DVRed over the past couple yrs. I finished the last 2 seasons of Criminal Minds. Then we caught up with this yr's NCIS. Then Bob Hearts Abishola, which is cute. Now we're watching this yr's NCIS: NOLA. Four to go, after the one that's on right now.

I've been wanting to watch Northern Exposure again. Don't know if we will or not. We still have lots of stuff on the DVR we're trying to watch and delete.

Our appointment TV every week includes Survivor, Highway Thru Hell, and Heavy Rescue: 401.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually like the crossovers in the Arrowverse. Arrow got too grim, likely because they wanted each show to have its own style. I don't mind gritty but being grim for grim's sake gets old. That's also one of the reasons why I couldn't get into the Battlestar Galactica reboot. The other main reason was because it aired right in the middle of the Gulf War and I had enough of watching similar things happening in real life at the same time.
    yes I agree. I like a wide range of things and don't mind horror, or grim etc but like you say not just for its sake. be creative. arrow etc was just too much to follow w flash etc for us w kids etc not worth the brain power and not my thing. like superhero but more movies. I like understated crime shows like midsomer or brokenwood. not csi etc.

that is why I like hallmark movies just light shows. I like the mystery movies too just in the same vein of murder she wrote etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    We've been watching stuff we've DVRed over the past couple yrs. I finished the last 2 seasons of Criminal Minds. Then we caught up with this yr's NCIS. Then Bob Hearts Abishola, which is cute. Now we're watching this yr's NCIS: NOLA. Four to go, after the one that's on right now.

I've been wanting to watch Northern Exposure again. Don't know if we will or not. We still have lots of stuff on the DVR we're trying to watch and delete.

Our appointment TV every week includes Survivor, Highway Thru Hell, and Heavy Rescue: 401.
    yes we love bob hearts abishola the last season of highway thru hell was short here. we like trying to remember the big accidents too since it is our neck of the woods. you forget by the time the show airs. like the mudslide over the hwy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished watching The Brokenwood Mysteries. I had the first three seasons so I knew I enjoyed it. There are only four episodes each season but they're ~90 minutes each. They are entertaining with a dry, understated humor.

I'm rewatching Primeval but I've seen it before. I've been rewatching it in bits and pieces, though.

Right now, I'm watching Blake's 7 for the first time. It's an old series - from the late 1970s. The effects are cheesy but the story so far is fun.
    yes sometimes I get in those moods.. why I tape svengoolie .. before it was mannix for a while. is on at 2am on metv

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really enjoying Blake's 7. I understand why people suggest it to anyone who likes sci-fi.

Not sure what to watch once I'm done with B7. Probably the new Beauty and the Beast. I've tried before but didn't get through the first season.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is that the version from the 70's or did they make a new one? I loved the original as a teen, but hated how it ended. I can't get DH into it. Or The Tomorrow People.

Have you seen Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel? It's from 2015, not sure where you'd find it showing these days. We liked Carnival Row, which is on Amazon. Those are both fantasy, one season each. I think they're doing a 2nd season of Carnival Row.

There's a 3 Musketeers series, 3 seasons I think, from the BBC. Wasn't bad, but doesn't exactly follow the books. Fantasy adventure plot of the week stuff.

Altered Carbon (Netflix) was a good series, at least the first season. Killjoys (SyFy) is the most underrated sci-fi on tv.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think they did a remake of Blake's 7, so I'm watching the 1970s version. Yeah, the sets and effects are dated but the plot's entertaining. I enjoyed the original Tomorrow People (from the 1970/80s) but couldn't get into the new one. I also enjoyed the original Survivors (the Terry Nation version from the 1970s) but it's a bit too close to home right now. There was a remake of the Survivors as well.

I tried Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel but couldn't get into it. Haven't seen Carnival Row yet. I don't have Netflix but Carnival Row looks good.

I loved Killjoys. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed how it built on previous seasons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Arrgh!! Apparently, my current DVD player limits the number of times it changes regions before it locks onto one region permanently. The DVD player on my last computer didn't seem to have that same problem. It may be due to the upgrade I ordered when I got my new computer. I just don't hope I don't get locked out of most of my DVDs. I probably should have finished watching Blake's 7 since it's not in the same region as most of the other DVD's. That's the downside of getting DVDs from all over the place.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tried Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel but couldn't get into it.
    Haven't seen Carnival Row yet. I don't have Netflix but Carnival Row looks good.
    It might help to think of Jonathan Strange as a miniseries. It's not episodic, it's one complete story. The first few episodes don't make a lot of sense, it's building a setting.

Carnival Row was on the dark side, but I think they built a good mystery into it.

Are you watching Vagrant Queen? It's cheesy, but fun, with a lot of 80's pop tunes.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast