What Did You Think Of The Oscar Show?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What Did You Think Of The Oscar Show?

I watched most of the show this year. Every year I wish that the winners would keep their "Thank You Speeches" short. I thought most of the stars looked great. I was sad to see how old Robert Redford looked. I have always thought he is one of the most beautiful men on the planet. I thought Russell Crowe looked a bit shocked that he didn't win best actor. It was really great to see Paul McCartney perform. What were your impressions of the show?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow

I agree about Robert Redford. Has any man been more handsome?

I thought the Oscars were ok this year. I thought Gwenyth Paltrow needed a new dress and J-Lo needed new hair. I thought Renee Zellweger looked awesome.

I enjoyed hearing Sting and Enya perform.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought it was okay. Maybe not as funny as it has been, but I am/was sick so my hearing is not up to par.

I LOVED Marisa Tomea's (sp) dress. I though it was the nicest one there.

I was happy that Randy Newman finally won an oscar. I loved it when he preformed with John Goodman. They just looked like they were having a good time.

Both Paul McCartney Robert Redford looked old to me. I was wishing someone would hurry up and get Barbra Streisand off the stage. Did it seem like she was introducing Redford forever to anyone else?

Russell Crowe looked bad. I just don't see the attraction.

I found it annoying that Hallie Berry thanked everyone she ever met, but I'm bias because I don't like her.

I thought it was great that Ron Howard won best director and best film. He deserved it. He is still a cutie, bald head and all.

I was happy that Denzel Washington won best actor. Julia Roberts was cute when she announced it.

And yes Gweneth Paltrow needed a new dress or at least a bra. Man was she bouncing all over the place.

Did anyone notice that Ethan Hawke had a bruise on the side of his face? I wonder what happened?

I was sorry Nicole Kidman didn't win. She was gracious, but she was starting to look annoyed at Hallie Berrys speach.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what was with the actresses that bothered to put on GORGEOUS dresses......and then wore hair that I wouldnt go to the STORE with...let alone a nationally televised event??...gggrrrrr.....they certainly make enough money to get some one else to fix their hair...not like thay had to do it themselves.....sorry for venting...this is a pet peave of mine...LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree. I thought Hallie Berry would never leave the stage! LOL! I think the worst hair had to go to Cameron Diez(sp?). She is so beautiful and her hair was just awful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was sooo long this year. 4 and 1/2 hours. I did notice Ethan Hawke's face. Hmmm, wonder if Uma gave him that red blotch.

Dh and I were both talking today about Hallie Berry's loooonnnnggg speech. I think when people go over the alloted time limit, I think they're saying I'm more important that anyone else. And she forgot to thank her co-star, Billy-Bob Thorton but remembered to thank her lawyers. I was happy that she won. It has been 74 years and she was the first African-American woman to win a best actress award. If she would have stated the first part of her speech and left the rest out, I would have enjoyed her win so much more.

I thought Denzel Washington was very classy in his acceptance speech and I was rooting for him to win.

And I was the most happy for Ron Howard. He's such a nice guy.

Gwenyth Paltrow needed less eye make-up and more undergarments. And I definitely agree with J-Lo's hair-do. I'd sue the hairstylist.

I didn't think Whoopie Goldberg was that funny. I was disappointed with her performance.

Will Smith actually left the Oscars with his wife and son because his son became ill during the show. I really respect them leaving and doing what was best for their son instead of staying for themselves. I wondered why he wasn't there when they announced best actor. It was explained this morning on the news.

And Nicole Kidman was just beautiful. I think she's such a classy woman. I was sorry that she didn't win an award because she's so talented. I bet she'll have more opportunities in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok about hallie berry's speach.Yeah it was long and drawn out,but I bet i would've been longer.She seemed so excited and nervous and couldn't help but ramble on and on and on and on. LOL J los hair was awful,so was whats her faces dress,IMHO if you are going to wear a sheer dress with no bra atleast make sure you have the right stuff to go in them.enough said.LOL russle crow looked ticked that he didn't win.And omg elija wood is all grown up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I liked Halle's speech because you could tell it WASN'T rehearsed. I was thrilled for Sidney Portier and Ron Howard. They truly deserved their awards. I really, really enjoyed Randy Newman and John Goodman. I think Goodman is cool because he's NOT everything the others are--not slim, not classicly (sp?)handsome, but boy, can that guy ACT!