Atlanta's Frugal Challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Atlanta's Frugal Challenge

Since we're getting hit with higher gas prices than most of the country right now, it's a good time for a challenge: How long can you stretch a tank of gas?

In a normal week, between commuting & other errands, I go through about a tank & a quarter. My goal for this week is to whittle that down to 3/4 of a tank. You?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try very hard to make a 1/2 tank last two weeks. That is commuting to work and errands. I live in the same city that i work and most of my errands are all on the way home to from work. I am very lucky that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, DH uses a big ol' truck for work but his petrol is paid for by the company. As for our personal truck, we're trying really hard not to use it or combine all of our trips. We usually go through a 45L tank in about 3 or 4 weeks. I tend to fill up every time it gets to either a 3/4 or 1/2 a tank, which is usually ever 2 weeks or so. We're lucky that we take DH's truck to work (and back) and our grocery store is less than 3kms away so we dont have to drive too far for our necessaties.

Good luck with your challenge!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is something I'm working on as well. Thankfully, DH takes the bus to work so that just leaves the car for me for errands and visiting our families on the weekends. Last time it was 11 days between fillups. I'm shooting for 12 days this time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I combine trips and don't go anywhere when I'm off, I only have to fill up about every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we make one trip to town every two weeks ..If we have no other running to do (rare that we do)a tank will last almost 6 months . With gas at these prices and economy as it is, we fill up each time we are there just in case.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We *have* to drive to college 5 days a week (M-TH & Sat) for classes. And occasionally (like this week) we need to go Friday, too. It's almost $5/trip... We incorporate all our errands in the to/from to school track...so, at least keep driving limited in that aspect. We budget $200/month for gas, but usually do more like $125...we like to have the "buffer" in there.

I was really excited today, though!! On the way home I saw the sign at the gas station we use...it's down to $4.05/gal!!!!! Hooray!!!! It's come down 20 cents/gal in the last couple weeks!! Woot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has been 10 days sice I got gas. I have a little under half a tank. I hope to make it until payday..but won't.

I have gas money budgeted though so I can get gas at anytime.

Another reason I want to wait is if I get $35 worth of gas at Super One foods I get 5% off my grocery bill--I saved $10 this month.

You have to have gas and you have to have food so why not work the system!

You have to buy food within 2 weeks of getting gas off the dated receipt.

So far I haven't spent that much on groceries as I have been stealing the extra for other things. I look forward to seeing a real discount when I buy my real $300 groceries.