2018 Frugal Challenge
Page 1 of 102 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2018 Frugal Challenge

This is about keeping yourself on track. About finding ways to pat yourself on the back and celebrating all the frugal things you've done. Inevitably, this leads to sharing of ideas.

Post whatever you do that's frugal. This is whatever is frugal to you. This can include - clipping coupons, selling on eBay, dumpster diving, turning off lights, turning the heat down, changing your own oil, foraging for wild berries, comparison shopping, cooking from scratch, calling the phone company to negotiate a different package, buying generics, taking surveys for money - whatever you can come up with! All frugality is welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thawed hm sauerkraut to eat for lunch, gathered 6 eggs, planted seeds in peat pots for the garden, earning a few SB, logged vacation receipts into the walfart savings catcher, did the Dollar General survey to get a $3 off $15 coupon, getting packed and ready to go to Mississippi for the work week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cashed in $30. worth of Kohls cash from getting much needed night ware and sheets plus got free shipping and 15% off extra w/SNOWFLAKE15 so I got 2 more sts of fleece sheet and 2 more nightgowns. Love saving $180. and spending $78.

Having a ham sandwich and dh a salami at home w/ more free pop and water in my case. Ate Pizza bagels last night and will repeat this evening.

Bought cookbooks for myself for early bday (will put away-at this age it will be a surprise.lol) Got a series called the Little Cookbooks hard cover used. Its an old international series. bought about 20 of them for $105. then got another $15.? off and free ship. Love Thiftbooks.com Also have another $5. off my next order.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made shrimp and corn soup for New Year's lunch using stuff from the freezer that needed to be used. It turned out excellent. All it needed was a nice slice of HM ciabatta bread with HM garlic butter but sadly, we didn't have any. And we should have had a side salad with it, too, but didn't.

Instead of buying new cabinets for a work/craft table in the family room, I'm repurposing two kitchen base cabinets originally salvaged years ago when I remodeled my mom's kitchen. They've been in the back porch unused for a while now, having been moved from the cabin when they were replaced there with a $10 former entertainment center. They will become the base for a new craft/project table for our family room. I'm going to use it as is till spring and then decide what changes I'd like to make.

Today we're staying home and binge-watching Third Rock From The Sun on Prime. Still hilarious after all these years.

Planned-over meals mean I won't have to cook for the next two days.

Otherwise it's pretty much business as usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Despite the fact I just want a chicken, mozzarella, and roasted red pepper panini from the local pizza place, all of our meals are from home today.
    Set aside some items that I have sold and listed another.
    Started my healthy eating and non-snacking, which is frugal because it's making our food last longer.
    Created the meal plan for the week.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy, that panino sounds easy to replicate at home for cheap. I've been using this recipe from King Arthur Flour to make ciabatta and it's easy and cheap to make. It tastes great, too.
    https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...n-rolls-recipe
    I make more rolls than the recipe calls for so they're smaller and fit my food plan.

That reminds me I need to start another batch of these.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh is off work today and we are spending the day at home. All meals from home. I did turn the heat up to 70 degrees but with chucking a piece of wood in the woodstove every once in awhile, the house is at 71 so no propane is being used. We finished putting plastic on the windows today so money saved there in heating costs.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Only things i did frugal today was stay home didn't use any gas,ate pumpkin bread i baked Sat for breakfast with my coffee,lunch peanut butter sandwich for lunch and left over vegetable soup for dinner.used home made laundry soap doing a load of laundry and vinegar for fabric softener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent the weekend eating soups from the stash of dehydrated food! surprising what works well in a soup. I did add a "fresh" organic low salt boullion cube to make sure there was some sort of flavor. Also made "breakfast" of stewed dehydrated pears and some cacoa nibs. Odd, but not bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh. Going to keep track of this thread more often. I do spend way too much on DVDs and books, which is my biggest wallet-bleed. I also bought another pair of jeans since I generally don't buy clothing often.

On the other hand, I still keep the thermostat low as I love my sweaters and blankets. I don't bother using the AC in summer since the small fan and windows generally do the trick.

I'm also getting my sweaters repaired, which is cheaper in the end than buying new ones simply due to holes. One is my mother's sweater jacket that constantly gets complimented on. I don't want to let go of that any time soon. She had that sweater jacket for years and I hope to have it for years as well. One of the sweaters had fixed, I've had for almost 30 years.

I also made a quick meal out of some left over ingredients from a soup I made earlier. It was just a side dish of saute-ed potatoes and onions. I liked it, although I may throw in some peppers and mushrooms (as well as meat on occasion). It's the first step in starting to cook from scratch, besides the soups.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been a busy morning. Mailed pkgs to Daughter, went to bank, used a coupon at CVS and got Puffs for 79 cents. Going to make red beans and rice with leftover beans for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brought lo to work for lunch. No spend day unless DH put gas in the truck and used the joint account.

Where my camper is the owners pipes froze overnight. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a few gallons of water, warm on the stove so I take a bath/shower tonight or going to a hotel. I don't want to spend the money for a hotel but I don't want to warm water on the stove to shower either.

My DH is coming up to the camper tonight and I gave him a list of stuff to bring - coffee creamer, bread, kitchen towels and rags...so I don't have to go buy it after I get off of work at 5:30 tonight and then a 40 minute drive to town to get supplies.

Making up my list of financial goals for 1, 2, 10, 15 and 25 years. My husband is mostly hands off and I run the money basically as I see fit. I do run it past him, from time to time, to see what he thinks but he rarely has much to say. He wasn't raised in a family that saved in retirement accounts and such so it is all new to him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No money spent today..

Made homemade bagels and French rolls per family request.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wahoo!!! The water at the camper is no longer frozen!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL - that has got to be a relief!

Frugal day for me, still off work so I stayed home. Trying to baby my shoulder so it will feel better before I go back to work on Thursday so I spent the day doing nothing but reading, working on a puzzle and going online. I bored myself today! I am used to doing so much more.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Page 1 of 102 12341151101 ... LastLast