2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 10
Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's 15 below here at 3 PM. I came out of the sewing room at noon to find the dogs outside, one sitting in the snow sunning himself and the other one strolling around casually looking at deer. They're nuts.

I'm still amusing myself sewing angel gowns. I think I paid $8 for the big gown I have been working with today, and I will be getting at least six gowns and bonnets out of it. I got a lot done today but only one gown completely finished. IMO it was worth all the extra time it took though.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190130_135924_1548882184373.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, your work is beautiful. I don’t know how you deal with that kind of cold.
    I am working on the embroidery piece. Went to CVS and saved 32% and got $4 to use on a future purchase.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, GB. I've been staying in, so the cold isn't so bad in here. 😁 Husby had to deal with a dead battery in the truck after work yesterday, so he arrived home frozen, but no real harm done. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

Still working on baby gowns made from cheap adult gowns and secondhand finds, yada yada. I got another one finished and most of the prep work done on the others. I should be able to get through the rest pretty quickly now.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190131_115645_1548960980229.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it through last payday on a tiny budget. Glad to have more breathing room this payday. Yesterday I made homemade veg. soup and home made rolls. Will have that for lunch the rest of the week. Last week got a haircut with a coupon and checked mail on the way there and found an even better coupon! Colored my hair had home. Made fried rice earlier in the week. Lots of leftovers for dinner and lunches. It's been really cold here and spent time in the house cleaning out old files and shredding papers. Spending a lot of time decluttering and getting the house back in order. The good thing about cold wintry weather is I stay home, so no money is being spent on stuff we don't need and I'm getting more done in the house. It will be warmer this weekend so we'll clean up the yard and get rid of the tree limbs that fell and help out the neighbors hauling off there storm debris too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good grocery day. Got 4 cans Pringle’s at $1 each, got avocados 3/$1, 1lb.Baby carrots 83 cents and green beans 88 cents lb. Also got chicken thighs 99 cents lb., polish sausage $1.79, and baby back ribs $1.79 lb. Lots of good deals for super bowl parties. Good time to stock up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished another little gown, the one on the right. I finished the one on the left yesterday.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190131_171531_1548985214561.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Four more gowns done today. I have the last 2 partially finished, so that won't take long. I ended up getting 9 gowns and bonnets from the original gown, which I think I paid $8 for. I was able to split up the beading from the big gown so I could decorate 5 small gowns. I like the way they all turned out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Erma- How is the car?

DH wants dinner out as the family will be together for a change. We decided on Italian and rarely go out.

I'll make apple pie today. I ordered the lite (sugarfree) pie filling from a online store since the stores don't carry it anymore. I cut apples and throw the filling on top for extra moisture. I got Pillsbury pie crusts (2 in a box) for $1 a box on clearance and froze them. The organic apples were on sale as well.

I got the movie "Elf." We watched it months ago and I loved it. So, it will be for a movie night. It was $5.

The family has been having nosebleeds lately. Some have been intense with mine being not very bad. Everyone has severe allergies here except me. Go figure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was told my HDL levels are high. Cardiologist wants me to go on a statin drug. PCP does not think it is necessary. I don't want to take a statin. I will try to eat more fruits and vegs and fiber and less meat. (I already eat very little). I am looking at food labels to avoid saturated fats and trans fats. My weakness is baked goods, although I don't eat a lot of them. I already have oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week, eat only WW bread, and rarely eat out at a restaurant. No fast food at all.

I think with spring coming (It IS coming, isn't it?) I will be able to exercise more and lose some weight, that should help too.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Josantoro—I have been on statins for a while. Just eating well doesn’t help me. My problem is genetic and I have had a stroke 3 years ago. Just monitor it. My stroke happened out of the blue and I hadn’t been feeling bad. Today is gloomy. Going to do laundry and work on tax stuff. Later I’m going to the theatre for a fundraiser. It will be quick and then back home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished the gowns today, finally. I ended up with a total of 33 gowns and 11 pockets. I need to make more pockets, but not now. I like how all the gowns turned out.
    [2019 Frugal Challenge-20190202_120934_1549139823306.jpgattach]48327[/attach]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Frugal Challenge-20190202_121141_1549139753499.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided I needed a rack of some kind to deal with my quilting rulers. I have several I use all the time that are always just laying around in a heap in the way. I looked at Amazon and Pinterest and didn't find anything that looked workable, so started thinking about what I might have I could repurpose. I finally thought about a wire dish rack. Husby literally dug out 2 I had salvaged, that were being stored under the potting bench outside which is buried in snow. I got that cleaned up and cut a slot across it so my rulers will fit. The rack is bigger than I had in mind, but I will add some containers when I figure out what I need, so I can store some other sewing tools I use all the time in the rack too. It will tidy up my work table and make stuff easy to find. I'm counting this as another successful repurpose. I also consider it to be essentially free, since the rack was salvaged and I used 4 little rubber end caps from a package of 100 I bought for .50. I guess I have 2 cents in the project, so I will count that. I priced wire dish racks on Amazon and they were quite a bit more than 2 cents, plus they were not here and ready to go. Win/win.2019 Frugal Challenge-20190202_165347_1549153081531.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did another little mod to the rack, so the 3 small templates in the back in the pic above can now fit on 2 of the spots intended for drinking glasses. That works better and makes more room at the back of the rack. I re-bent the pegs on the other side while I was at it, in case I need it.

I'm liking this idea more and more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The past week has not been very frugal. DH decided to replace his 24 year old tv, I would have liked to keep it until it died but he did get a good price. Of course our old tv stand had to be replaced too.
    The old one was only a foot tall and with the new flatscreen tv, he had a harder time seeing it in his recliner so we ended up buying a cheap Sauder stand. It really looks nice though and with the cabinets we can hide all his junk.

DH also needed a MRI yesterday but he went with cash price because it was cheaper than going through our insurance so this was a very spendy week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD every time I see your little dresses it makes me cry.....what an amazing thing to be able to do this.....and thank you for the visual about the pockets....I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you said pockets.....God certainly blessed you....I know the families are forever grateful.
    It's sweater weather here....I haven't been out yet. Hopefully everyone is home and watching game so the stores won't be crowded...just running to Wags and CVS and maybe Kroger....they have Sausage on sale and want to pick some up....they had none yesterday. If not any today I guess I don't need it.....
    Make some split pea soup last nite….I can't eat it as it has too much salt and I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on Wednesday and don't want my blood pressure to be too high so will freeze some for later and give some away.

Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast