2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 101
Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

BWPeg the cookie bags sound fun, I would be happy if I got one. I'm repairing a mattress pad - one long side and elastic. They use that stuff that isn't really fabric and it just shreds and rips. I found old sheet and elastic to make a new side, just need to hem and sew on elastic to finish. We have training at work tomorrow and will get free lunch during. Made dinner reservations for hubby's birthday on Friday. We really don't go out much - the last restaurant dinner was in June.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- Happy Birthday to your DH! Enjoy dinner and seize the day!

Martha- Am I bad for chuckling about the pie incident? Sounds like you took it extremely well! Sorry to hear about DH's cousin.

GB- Oh, those sinus infections can be terrible! I had one for several months and had no idea what it was! Take care of yourself ! The ornament swap sounds nice.

Rabbit- Glad to hear that the foster pup has a new family for Christmas! And a deal at Kohl's to boot!

Peg- How did the craft exchange go? I think jingle jars are always fun, whether it be a cookie mix or soup layered mix...It's easy for the recipient to make in their leisure time and is festive.

Well, it's finals week for DS2. I drove him to the bus stop this morning and he was at the school for hours before going into the room for testing. When nobody else showed up, he found the teacher to ask what time the test was...The teacher said it's not today, but later this week!! OOPS. So, DS2 jumped on the train and bus to get home by 5 pm.....He was a bit upset about wasting his day.

Then, DH got a card to show up for jury duty. He got a whopping hour of sleep after work and drove out there, only to sit for 3 hours...And then be sent home. He was cranky and fell asleep when he got back.

I made ground beef & noodles for dinner.

The appraisal came back quite low. Many things were not accounted for and we will ask our lender about filing an appeal. We don't know what's involved, so we need to find out.

I've been waiting for a decision from my medical insurance company to get reimbursed for the therapy I had in May. I paid it 100% and my insurance covers 50% of it. The last letter I received was early November and it told me to get reimbursed from my job. So, I called insurance and they told me to appeal that decision and send them paperwork that would show it wasn't work related. So, I sent them a letter from my job, an examiner and the state to prove that I need to be reimbursed. DH said they probably won't pay me until January, if they approve it! ::

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that sucks rujerro. no problem..everyone laughed lol I posted pics on facebook you can see. my nose still hurts. I was ok w it.

bookworm I would love a gift like that.. fun and not a knickknacky and yummy. Happy Birthday to your dh dlcrpa.

miss piss pants is chasing buster around the house. already hissed at him a few times..he wasn't doing anything. she is just in a mood.

didn't work cus turns out my car battery was dead..cus I left a indoor light on. haven't driven it since sat. dh went to jump it and we discovered that it has an alarm ..news to us. so he clipped the wire to siren. we don't have a remote for the car. so he took the battery off and is charging it w the charger and texted a friend how to fix. my order didn't get delivered again today so will get a couple of orders at the same time. so not much work to do without it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got laundry going and banana nut bread in oven for hubby to give to his boss and secretary. Got to go to get chicken feed and groceries. Still wrapping presents. I’m ready for it to be over. Lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Christmas cards are still sitting on the table staring at me. I don't know who I'm kidding, having them sit there is not going to make me want to do them more, they won't be done this year again. It's in the 20's today and snowing a bit, glad I have the day off to stay in the house with the woodstove going. Dh needs to fix the dryer, no time until Saturday, so I have clothes drying by the woodstove. The place that has the car to repair the fuel line leak called to say the car also needed shocks, ball joint and a front end alignment. Two weeks ago we got new tires for the car, wouldn't they have noticed if it needed all that????? After this place is done with the fuel line fix we will take it back to the other place to see what is going on. We have had all that done before and they have a lifetime warranty on parts, so if it does need it we will only have to pay for labor. It just seems weird to me though.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I put 2 more cards in the mail today. The bills are all paid. I think. Went shopping for DH and bought him two new flannel shirts, a pocket knife, and some snacks. Still looking for the chocolate he likes.

Rujerro, hope your ins co gets its act together and reimburses you soon. That's annoying having to wait. You can be sure if it was money they wanted from you they wouldn't be dragging so much.

DH hasn't been feeling well. Something he ate or touched and it made him feel sick. I made him take a pill this morning and he says he is a little better. He didn't eat dinner last night and just wants broth and crackers tonight.

Hope everyone gets their car troubles fixed.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pulled out more Christmas stuff. Searched for floral arrangement pictures using silver & greenery. I have a LOT of silverplate, candles, ribbons. Greenery basically free for the cutting, just take clippers & a bag while dog walking. Need to address cards to relatives up north at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I’ve got to run errands and get ready for an ornament exchange party for the ladies in my neighborhood tonight. Everyone is bringing snacks, so not having to do much. Almost finished shopping and wrapping. I’m ready to sit down for awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

have a messy house but not really caring at the moment. cat still being a pain towards the other one. got a calming collar from amazon so need to get that on her and see if that works. before coffee cat poop, her being nasty to the other ..she makes him stay under the couch. so catnipped them all first thing to get peace. plus pouring rain so they are not happy. suet seed block gone already ! exp lunchmeat goes to crows.. cus I got it last week so off. time is flying. threw out fruit too. need to check veg bin for beets etc for roasting since last csa comes tomorrow and they are from 2 weeks ago.

had though about open house on 22 but nope do it the weekend after too stressful to get stuff done before. got my movie tickets from rewards..got an free extra. plus the other theater we like better got movie deal coupons from costco. need to go shopping for dry cat food pick up my japanese mandarins I ordered. we love them more expensive so now many places don't carry them. 5 cases we eat them fast. dh got his cookie box from work..parents make them..doesn't mean they can bake lol most of the time they end up for crows and raccoons. no asking about allergies anymore so he can't eat most of them. I ate 2 that had nuts and you wouldn't have known. at least seems this batch of parents can bake a bit better. one of those if you don't really do it don't try once a year go to bakery. I know I sound horrible but this is many years of it.

of course housework. will go to the other library tomorrow on the way back from work. checked beets etc a bit soft but will come back w water soak. saturdays problem

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We decided to appeal the home appraisal. I found 3 comparables and emailed them to DH. I told him to write something with the comps and email it to the bank. After all, he has to help. Bank will send it all to the underwriters and then we wait for a review.

The computer was on the fritz for 2 days. DS1 fixed it.

I'll pay the CC this weekend and make a dental appt. I bought a dental discount plan as my job doesn't offer anything more than cleanings and a few x-rays.

DS2 will be told to send cards to sponsors this weekend and ask a church member to write a recommendation letter for a scholarship.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My party went great! It’s really foggy here this morning. Going to my hometown to take flowers to the cemeteries where my mom and other relatives are buried. Going to pick up a cousin to go with me and then lunch. May go watch a performance at a local high school tonight that a friend of mine is directing. That’s about it for me today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm off work today and it's raining. At least it waited until after I walked the dog this morning. I need to address and mail cards. Also bake a cake for hubby, I have a mix and canned frosting to use up.
    I don't know if you recall the woodpecker saga from several months ago (one drilled thru the garage exterior wall and was trapped inside.) Hubby bought an expensive "repellent" device - it is an electronic box that emits recorded bird distress calls. But he never set it up - because he likes to do that, buy things and never use them. But another woodpecker started outside the 2nd floor bedroom. So he set the box up - it sounds dreadful, screeches and alarming - so it probably works. The dog ignores it but the cat does not like it AT ALL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- I hope the transmitter works.. We had a woodpecker doing its thing on our house but couldn't figure out which part of the house. After a week, he didn't come back. Our siding is made of a rot and insect resistant material, so maybe the bird couldn't find anything in it. Plus, it's very durable.

DH smoked chickens and leftover thighs. Came out great. I made a pumpkin pie.

Cards are mostly sent out. I have to send a couple more.

I got an email stating that our car insurance renewal is coming up. Of course, it never says what the new rate is....After digging around, it was going up 20% !! So, I went hunting for better policies. I found some. I spoke to an agent today and kept some quotes. Me & Dh will have to discuss it but I'm pretty sure I know who we'll go with. We had this company many moons ago and I hated to leave but their prices were too high. And I kept checking every year to see if they were lowered but not until now, have they dropped. Besides, our cars are 15 years old now and no accidents. DH has been saying for years that prices on everything keep increasing to keep people poor and so they don't have any disposable income. I agree. The only way we can decrease the car insurance by 30% is to drop down to one car. And that would be tough as we have different schedules and whatnot.

I just looked at our homeowner's insurance and it's going up 60% ! That's insane. Another search for a better price!
    Last edited by rujerro; 12-13-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to do laundry and pack today. Flying to RI tomorrow for a few days to see my granddaughter in a concert. Tonight DH and I are going to meet our youngest DS and family to enjoy the Christmas decorations and activities in a town nearby.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The craft exchange went great....food was good and good fellowship....today was the first day opening and my gift was #1...everyone posted they were enjoying the treats.....I get to open starting tomorrow....

Been super busy....finally broke down and started taking vitamins, Airborne elderberry supplement for immune system and B12...doing a little better with fatigue....

Ran to 99 Only and picked up a bunch of groceries for a needy family....that's all I am doing this year.....I think I'm fed up with these people asking for gifts for their kids....and they don't ask for just any gift....it's electronics that cost big bucks, expensive games, ...all big price items.......unfortunately I know lots just go from one charity to the other....I'm all for helping but Christmas comes around the same time every year.....they have 12 months to plan....why they wait till the last minute is beyond me....I saw so much abuse when I worked it was shameful.....I tried to put a stop to it and did for many years and then new guy came in and it went back to the old way.....out of my hands now and nothing I can do about it...

GB hope you have a great time with granddaughter.....I think it's quite cold in RI....stay warm.....

I have a possum in my back yard....two in fact.....I live in very large city in a large subdivision....no woods...or lots of trees......lot of freeways and concrete.....two bare trees in my yard.....they must be living in the yard behind us under their boat......one possum is huge, fat and waddles....the smaller one can run.....lol...they climb up to the birdfeeders if they can't find anything on the ground....then the fat one comes up to the patio and climbs in my glass birdbath and drinks.....I'm surprise he hasn't flipped it....

Grandson is coming over tomorrow to get Christmas stuff from attic.....saw my friend the other day, the one I decorated her house for Thanksgiving, and her little boy asked me if I was coming over to decorate the house.....so I will be going over on Monday....