2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 103
Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am starting to get Christmas fatigue! Lots of Christmas parties, rehearsal for my two favorite boys, Christmas play and on and on. I took foster dog to her new home on Sunday and I feel pretty confidante that it will work out. I sure do miss her, I keep forgetting she's gone and look to see her in her favorite spots but of course she's not there. Jelly Bean is very happy that foster dog is gone! So silly to see a Pit Bull running for her life when another smaller dog wants to play.

It was my day off today and I got lots done. I even did Christmas cards today! I had put them away thinking I was never going to do them and pulled them back out and worked on them this afternoon. Only went out today to pay property taxes at the Township Hall. I also filled in my 2020 calendar and made appointments for dh and I in January. The rest of my day was just catching up on housework.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you got your cards done Rabbit! And your foster dog placed. Speaking of calendars, 2020 is a leap year, and I think I may have to buy one as I don't think I have any going back to 1992, which has the exact same days. It will be fun to have some new pictures to look at.

Time at the clinic went pretty fast. I got to read some of my new book. Stopped to pick up a bag of mandarins, 2lbs for 1.99. They are really tiny, have to eat two at a time, lol! So fresh and good though. Had a nap because I was feeling light headed after the infusion.

Simple dinner of vegetable soup. Just tossed in what I could find. Vegetable and chicken broth, celery, onion, carrot, a few green beans, leftover white beans, leftover canned tomato, beet greens, celery leaves, basil pesto... served with garlic toast. Have egg nog and cookies for later.

Yes, the christmas frenzy does seem to be upon us. There were a lot of shoppers out today in parts of town that are normally not that busy in the middle of the week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was homeless luncheon and it went well.....had a lady come in that was really sick....I stayed in the back....I think those who have RA can understand that because we look OK, people don't realize that we are fighting everyday to stay healthy....I have no immune system and a cold can set me back a month.....The tables were beautiful and we had plenty of food.....they all got gift bags and most of them were very thankful.
    Daughter and grandson are suppose to come over tomorrow to look at Christmas stuff....hopefully they don't forget....if they do, it will be gone......
    Friday is my great grandson's Christmas party at school and his mom asked me to go....looking forward to that....hope there's no sick kids....in the afternoon will decorate my friend's home.
    I really have no Christmas spirit this year....none....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s very cold outside. I have laundry to finish and a few last minute stocking stuffers to buy. I may start doing a little baking today, but don’t know. Taking it a little at a time.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I'm feeling better today, only a little stiff when I got up. Not feeling light headed or stupid this morning. DH brought laundry up, so I have that to fold and put away.

Bright and sunny and not too cold, should warm into the 40's. Tempted to go out but don't want to fight traffic. Tomorrow will only be worse though. Lot of house work I really don't want to do. DH helps with a lot, but he has his own stuff he wants to do when he is home.

Feel bad for a friend of mine. She says she hates her job. But they have two young kids, house and car payments and she can't be a stay at home mom. They don't live extravagantly. He works nights for Uber to get extra cash. Not much she can do but tough it out.

Made cookies the other night, so that's something I got done. Still thinking about the fruitcake. Maybe after i get this other stuff done. Not feeling especially spirited myself, I think the "magic of christmas" wears off as you get older.

Chicken pot pie for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope everyone is feeling better. rain and rain here. will be snow in higher places and in the interior. my nose still hurts so debating an xray or not. or if it is sinuses..but have been popping allergy pills. need to get prescription filled. next weeks problem. kinda feel xmassy.. watching xmas shows etc. I think all the prep which is usually the womens job gets to us this time of year cus you see all the work to do. as took me 1/2 hr to get to coffee this morning.

of course always housework. dh bought up the pile of laundry in the basement. have been working mostly this week so thankfull work is flexible. meeting assistant from one job and we are taking ourselves out for xmas lunch. need to go to other library speed read due today and fine is $1 a day. both kids were out.ds short notice so texted dh if he wanted to go out for dinner. but he got to sit in traffic for a couple of hours so that didn't work out. need to grocery shop again too and will go to local library. ds said there was a basketball game tournament at school so that his last 2 classes is watching them. we aren't into sports so said he can come home at lunch. school is almost out for xmas anyways. dd friend is coming over too w my friend so need to be home by certain time.

that was a blessing rujerro. I don't think anyone minds giving to charities more when the people receiving are complaining about not getting $$$ stuff instead of perfectly reasonable stuff. like what you got nice normal things which most people get at xmas. like I know someone who complained because a toy wasn't good enough unless is cost $50. and most toys don't. reminds me still have to drop off the toys at the sally ann bin ..since we don't do santa pics forget and I havent been upstairs at the mall.

have a pile of presents to sort though in the bedroom and package. have been doing the just dig though for teachers gifts etc. no cards done for mailing but haven't gotten many either. is a dying thing. only handwritten ones when I see people. just some gift cards to get today. will worry about things on the weekend. have been picking up things in grocery stores for treats and appys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked out and cleaned my bathroom before work. Stopped at Meijer to return name brand batteries for smoke detectors because I noticed Meijer brand was B1G150% off, so bought those instead. Saved $8. Made brownies for dh when I got home from work. He has to work late tonight so it's me and the furries, hope something is good on tv. It seems like lately I can't find anything I want to watch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zippers on my 2 dog-walking parkas both giving me trouble. Will try some repairs tonight. I really would like to replace 1 parka, no longer water repellent. But I have a long list of "must haves" in a parka. I notice there is a Burlington on the way in to work. Maybe after Christmas I will check there, prices online seem good but maybe quality is poor in reality.

Office party tomorrow. I will just try to grab some lunch and disappear back into my office.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Managed to make muddy buddies today. Feeling a bit stressed with a lot to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- do get rest after chemo since it's a very difficult process. My mom, best friend, mil and aunts on husband's side had various treatments- chemo, radiation, etc. Some of the drugs they use now are better on the body and I hope that yours aren't as bad as those that just wreak havoc. My thoughts are with you! Hugs too!

The dental visit was not good. A recent filling has decay under it and he says he will try to clean it and refill it. Due to my osteoporosis, the tooth may break and he may do root canal or crown. I said pull it. He doesn't want to but honestly, it doesn't bother me. I may hold off for a while. My job doesn't provide dental insurance.

DS2 has to repeat his class, which we figured. He will choose a different teacher next semester.

Delivering bagels to the food bank tomorrow.

Remember how our car & homeowner insurance went up, so I shopped around to find cheaper rates? Well, I found better rates and the company called today to say that DH got a ticket last year. I said no, that was probably our son... I yelled to DH while on the phone about it and sure enough, it was true...And the rate was now increasing by $500 ! I told the ins man that we will go with them for the homeowners policy but not the auto policy. I got off the phone and told DH that since he was the one that made it rise so high, he can scout around for a new policy. His response was that he doesn't have to tell me everything and I make him do "everything." I spent hours looking for policies without this knowledge and even argued with the man how my DH did not get any tickets in many years... Yup, he can spend time and find a policy.
    Last edited by rujerro; 12-20-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Managed to make muddy buddies today. Feeling a bit stressed with a lot to do.

OK, what are muddy buddies? Sounds chocolaty.

Made my first batch of Xmas cookies. Came out pretty good. Chocolate crinkles. I will give some to my landlord and his family, some to neighbor

Took the last 3 angels off the angel tree at the church. I don't attend but I walk by the front window every day and I couldn't stand the thought of them not being taken. So I am going shopping this morning. Getting things for a couple of boys.

Sent out 2 Xmas cards. Not much holiday spirit. Put a few sprigs of pine in the wreath that is on my door year round, that's it for decorating.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9 cups of crisp I cereal, melt 2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter, stir into cereal, and coat with 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. DS ‘s favorite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I have to go to post office and then pick up a few stocking stuffers. Making stew from leftovers for dinner, cleaning house and doing laundry, and then making chocolate covered pretzels. Need to go to Home Depot to get curtain rods for my new sewing room curtains when DH gets home. Suppose to rain this afternoon. Whew! I make myself tired just thinking about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jo- That was very kind of you to fill the angel requests. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

I delivered the bagels this morning and then went home to empty the dishwasher and do my laundry. I brought items into the basement and took a ham from the freezer to thaw. I wanted soup in a bread bowl for Christmas dinner but DH said he won't eat it. So, I'll get that for me and the kids and the ham should be thawed by Christmas. I'm working Christmas Eve and will need to get the bread bowls and soup before I go in. I hope to get a nap after the gym.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

jo, what a nice thing to do! Those boys will have a nice Christmas because of your kindness.