2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 104
Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fixed zipper on 1 jacket. Received some gift cards and chocolates at work, also free lunch today from which I brought home 2 cookies for hubby. Need something to take to dad's for lunch tomorrow, thaw chicken for chicken salad and throw in apple & craisins. Sounds like a plan. Sunday I am going to bake biscotti for gifts. Wednesday & Thursday were really cold but it is slowly warming up, for which I am grateful.

Josantoro that is kind of you, I hope someone else does something nice for you this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a nice box of chocolates from a lady who comes into the food shelf on Friday afternoons. She picks up extra sweets if we have them and brings them to a senior housing complex where she lives. I did get all the presents for the angel tree, will wrap and bring to the church tomorrow. Some good deals on boys' pants at Kmart, sticker shock trying to get a sports-team branded item for the older boy. $35 for a baseball cap, no way. Got him a fact-a-day calendar from his favorite team and a $15 gift card for fast food.

Got a plant, birds nest fern for friend/neighbor. Crazy busy at the food shelf today, non-stop donations coming in the door, starting with 700 pounds from a stuff-a-truck event. Luckily we had 5 or more extra volunteers just to deal with those.
    Make America Kind Again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ru, thanks for thinking of me. I had a nap Wed after the infusion, and spent yesterday at home. Sat on the couch and finished the book I started at the clinic. It is hard to rest now because all the residual achiness and swelling is gone, and I feel so much better but I did come home after only a couple hours out today. Too much traffic and people out.

Jo, that was so thoughtful of you to pick those last cards on the tree.

I picked up some beads at Joann's to make a gift for friends we're spending time with after New Year's. Much less hustle and bustle, and cheaper hotels then. Last year they came to visit us, this year we are driving down to meet them. Hoping the weather holds. It is supposed to be in the 50's here next week.

Tacos for dinner. I had ground beef cooked, spanish rice mix from the pantry, taco shells on hand. The shells all broke. Impossible to eat in hand. Not buying cheap store brand shells any more. If I want a salad to eat with a fork I can get chips.

I think we are getting together with friends tomorrow. Snacks and board games. A couple people have cancelled, not sure if enough will be attending, probably won't know until morning.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My SIL and GD come in late tonight. Got to finish cleaning house and making lemon blueberry and cranberry orange bread today. Hope I can survive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammarbug you sure are busy......hope you are taking care of yourself....
    I am making scones later today....will make some flavored butter to go with them.....but that is about all I am doing....oh yeah, I got to get the grandkids stockings ready.....and pick up this house....there is no place to sit in my living room....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

marthamfi - yes it is a small world. Was that in the Tightwad Gazette group? I've met a few from FV on FB.

I'm not sure of the sounds wild turkeys make but the ones we have make sounds from a coo to someone is getting murdered. They are awesome!

Yesterday I opened the freezer door and a container of chicken broth fell out and the plastic container shattered. So last night I made creamed chicken with peas and corn from the broth.

We received a free loaf of hm bread in the mail addressed to the former owners. I hope they never find out they sold the house and moved because we enjoy the 2-3 loaves a bread we get each year.

We've been enjoying the fresh chicken eggs and they have really reduced the price of breakfast. Tomorrows plan is to put Bill Goat in the freezer. We've decided that it's cheaper and easier to harvest deer out of the back yard than to raise goats. With the rest being females we will wait at least 5 months before we cull any others. We put the last of the roosters in freezer camp. Amazing how quiet it gets when you go from 16 roosters to one. I'm hoping to get 1-2 more deer and then we should be set for at least 6 months worth of meat. That's going to really help the grocery bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quiet day at home. It was beautiful out. I took a walk around the back yard and looked at the garden. Now the tree has been cut it is surprising how much garden I am getting back. I knew it was being overgrown, but it happened little by little. Maybe now I'll get enough sun for the asparagus. The sage looks dead, but we'll see in the spring if the roots are still good. There are cabbages growing where I tried to plant some the year before last. What the? Rabbits had eaten them to the ground. Got radishes trying to come up. Garlic and onions, too. Apparently they don't know it is the first day of winter.

All you guys baking are making my mouth water.

Our day with friends got cancelled, so we lounged at home. Glad I didn't buy a lot of snacks to take over there. Did some cleaning together. Scrounged up sandwich fixings for lunch. Got leftover pot pie for dinner.

Decided I wanted pot roast for Christmas dinner, and voila!, rib roast is on sale at the local market. Already have potatoes, baby onions, carrots, etc to go with it. Tomorrow I will go look for a good one, pick up milk and other necessities for the week.

Happy Solstice everyone. Stay warm through the night. May the new year bring you happiness and peace.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope you feel better ch. yes it was from the tightwad gazette. grey and rain here. it is snowing in the mountains a lot the last few days so they are saying don't drive..esp though the rockies..hwys closed etc. if you watch highway thru hell that is the main one.

took my mom grocery shopping so of course $$$ too because deals and stock up for open house w deals. reorganized the freezer since ds was the one to put things away the last few times so a mess. and family drama cus family sigh. like guess what those people are the same as always big babies xmas doesn't change people. of course housework and xmas chores. got ds to take toys over to drop off in mall. more older kid stuff because they don't get as much plus some things dd found that were gifts. her bday is close to xmas so.. like a slime kit so pass it on.

watching some lifetime and hallmark movies two just skip though. about 2/3ths I do. more taping! some I save because I know I want to watch in full because I like the actors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got everything done today. My dishwasher went out, but I’m not too upset because DH usually does the dishes and I’m getting a fancy new one. Made lemon blueberry and orange cranberry bread today. Getting ready to put a [email protected] in the oven.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL- yes, the bread sounds good and it's a nice surprise.

I got a box of popover mix that I'll make on Christmas and a orange cranberry scone mix that I'll make soon. DS2 reminded me that there's a British tea house near his school and I promised to take him for afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is $28/pp or sandwich and tea is $14.50 pp. A scone with jam and cream is $6. I assume he wants to do the full tea and see how it's done!

DH took DS2 shopping for Christmas so DS2 could find something he wanted....While away, I asked DS1 what he wanted from DH and he said comic books....Last year, he said he didn't want any more.,,,Hmmm...Well, I called a local comic shop to see if they had what DS1 wanted. Looks like they have one so far....DH will stop by on Tuesday to pick it up.

DH wants to see a movie that is out and we have movie tickets that we purchased months ago. So, we drove to the theater to trade them in for real tickets and choose the seats. I have tried to purchase tickets and choose seats online and the website has a processing fee per ticket and I refuse to pay that.

I've sold some things on ebay. I hope to sell more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made my second batch of cookies, first was chocolate crinkles, second was maple pecan bars. I'll make some choc. chip blondies today and that will be it. Pack up some variety packs for landlord, post office, and any last minute gifts.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used up 2 Starbucks GCs on a bag of Christmas Blend for a gift, paid under $2 cash for the balance due. I'm making biscotti to put in one of those large storage jars with locking lid (got it when I returned in PJs gift several years ago) and that with the coffee is the gift. Win/win. Need to get baking. I polished more silver this morning. Hubby is braving the grocery store so I gave him my list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not raining and sky clearing... nice change! watching dvds from library due back. don't feel like doing much but... some cards and the reg stuff dinner..thawing chicken thighs. at least some things you can do while watching tv. like booking doc appt online. sort out xmas decor things out but got totally set up. just a little time.

sort and pack gifts into the fabric bags. of course housework but will see lol not like cat hair doesn't show up 5mins later. not hosting anyone for xmas so no worries. will bring cookies and the santa hat over to neighbours today too. still early so will see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to be a lovely week, weather wise. Warmer than normal in a lot of places, I think.

Did the grocery shopping yesterday. It was quite busy but everyone seemed to be filled with christmas spirit. Was able to use a coupon! Brand name crackers on sale and $1 off, too.

Ran into a flash mob at Aldi. Wasn't sure what was going on at first. Group of people near the entrance were putting quarters in shopping carts and handing out tote bags for free. I didn't need one but I should have taken a cart because I ended up with more than I thought. Have to go back today, accidentally got peppered crackers instead of sesame. DH can't eat the peppery ones.

DH got an extra day off work as a "gift" from the office. Better than a box of candy or having to go to the company party, IMO.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be running around today...Going to the post office and then to Panera to use a GC for dinner...Then the gym before it closes. Then off to work.....

I had gotten home from work and my new cooking mag had a babka recipe in it. So, me & DS2 made the dough and it will sit in the fridge until Wednesday. Then we'll take it out and finish it. I looked up the origins of babka and Wikipedia said it was Eastern European Jewish…. I knew of Easter babka but wasn't sure if it was Jewish...Anywho, DS2 wants to make a chocolate babka. And challah on Wednesday. I have a Jewish baking book and know that challah is Jewish....

I have a terrible cold and had to stay home the other day. Glad I did. I was in bed most of the time. The sinuses are draining terribly.