2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 105
Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ruj I hope the cold improves. I have never heard of chocolate babka. If you have not tried making biscotti, give it a try. It is pretty easy and they keep well.
    Hooray - Replacements.com will also buy one of the silver candlesticks so now it is worth the postage to send a package. I will do that in a week or so.
    Weather is fairly mild today so I will get out in the yard and tidy up. Hubby is making crab cakes for supper, my request. I will make the tira misu Christmas morning to take to supper. Happy Christmas to all.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feel better soon, Rujerro. I have to go to the PO too, hope it is not crazy. It is to late to be sending gifts. DH is working, says he is the only one there today. He will leave early if there is nothing to do.

Leftovers in the fridge for lunch and dinner. Need to make space for the roast tomorrow.

Trash amnesty is next week. We can put out as many bags as we need without paying an extra fee. Urging DH to bag up crap to put out. Also started a box for clothing donations.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ladies for the wishes. My cold is improving each day.

I had hoped to do all of that running around today!...Well, DH checked the plugs in my car and said they were tight. Then left to do some shopping far away.....DS1 left to visit friends...I jump in my car and it was not turning over. Nope. Wouldn't start. Great. I called DH and DS1. DS1 said he would get a battery and I told him I need a special battery and he said he would find something for a discount..I said make sure you can return it! Then, DH calls and says he will stop at a dealership in his travels and get a battery.....So, I called DS1 to say to NOT get a battery as DH will get one.... I will walk to work in an hour if nobody comes home...….I just hope it's a battery problem...……..

In the meantime, I'm doing laundry and will walk on the tread for a bit. I'm ready for work though. ::

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH put in a new battery and nope...Not the problem. We now think it's a fuel pump issue that may be caused by a clogged filter. We are Hoping very badly it just needs a filter!! We'll see in the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Christmas. The dessert is made - it took me 2.5 hours this morning. Remember not to volunteer that one (Tira Misu) again. Going to sis-in-law's soon. She said OK to bring the dog, he needs to get socialized at other people's houses. So far he has only been to dad's hours and that is sooooo boring for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas! Had a wonderful time with my family. It was hard without my mom and we made an appointment to have our black lab put down on Saturday. My youngest grandson has been really upset. Not a great way to start a new year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Contrary Housewife...with your trash amnesty...how much does it usually cost for you to have your trash picked up? In our area, that is a town service that is free. I had never considered that this wasn't the case everywhere!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big dinner at sis-in-law's place, I have leftover salad for lunch as well as the left over tira misu. She cooked the roast in the oven at high temp and set off the smoke alarms several times - dog did not like that at all.
    I identified a few more pieces of silver, fingers crossed Replacements.com will buy. Asked hubby to pick up more yard bags at Home Depot when he goes out, I will work on the yard some more since weather still mild. I need to send my thank-you notes, last year I was really lazy about doing that and it is a bad habit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Contrary Housewife...with your trash amnesty...how much does it usually cost for you to have your trash picked up? In our area, that is a town service that is free. I had never considered that this wasn't the case everywhere!
    Amy, we get two bags "free" every week, covered by city taxes. We can put out an unlimited mount of recyclables in a special bin, or in cardboard boxes, so that helps. They do the trash amnesty twice a year, after July 4th, and after christmas.

The rest of the year extra bags cost $2.50. You can buy a tag to attach from most grocery stores. So if you're clearing out a garage or basement you can't just dump it all on the curb, they won't take it without bags and tags.

Leaves and yard waste have their own biodegradable bags (we compost/burn ours) and separate pickup cycle.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got all the outside decorations down. SIL and GD fly back home tonight. Not doing much of anything but laundry today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Dh had to work today but I am off until Tuesday. I ran into town early this morning to see if there was any meat specials at Kroger, there used to be lots of meat marked down the day after Christmas but no luck this year or last so I won't be doing this anymore. The local park has guided walks on Thursdays but I can't go because I work, today since I had off I went and really enjoyed the walk and the group of regulars. I wish this was something I could do every week. I did learn today where black raspberries are and when they will be in season so plan to go and pick some next summer. The weather is unbelievably nice out today so I might go out for another walk this afternoon. Mind as well enjoy it now since we won't be having these types of temperature again until April.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Grandsons loved their stockings.....I also got them all taser flashlights for their cars....daughter also got one from her oldest son so she couldn't really say too much but she wasn't very happy with me....

My living room is cleared for the first time in months....bike is out of the garage.

I am being lazy today....have to put soup I made the other night into smaller containers to freeze....

Daughter got us six days of premade homemade frozen meals from a girl who does this as a business....wonderful gift....

Got a few more things to go thru in guest room and got to get it ready for company in 2020....

Sun is shining today.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Went to my daughters for Christmas and spent the night. We had a great time watching the grand daughters open their gifts.

This morning we went shopping a bought some good deals. I was mainly looking for Christmas gifts for next years toy drive. Everything I bought was 50% off except the bathtub paint soap - orig $4 on sale for $0.50, I bought 84. Total savings $360, total spent was $100. Win-Win. And then I bought us a couple of small things; kitchen towel sets and 2 oven mitt / pot holder sets - $1.50 each. Bought DH come 50% off candy too.

This morning My daughter noticed my granddaughter was scratching her head a lot and checked her for lice - yep. No one else had it which is good for her but we spent the night. Now we are at home sitting with olive oil and shower caps on our heads. In a few more hours I'll be washing my hair. It takes 2-3 washings for the hair to not look greasy.

gathered 5 eggs this afternoon when we got home. Need to research different ways to use them as we currently have 2 dozen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like folks are having a nice holiday. DH has work today, he is the guy who covers for people who have family at home. He forgot his lunch so I went out this morning and took it to him. It was cold and very foggy this morning, not many people out. I went by Joann's since I was near there, a few people shopping the clearance but no big lines. Bought at least a dozen pair of christmas socks and fuzzy slippers on clearance, that's what everyone is getting next year.

Looking for a 2020 calendar, haven't found an interesting one yet, and not paying $20 for one either.

Tuesday Morning had small panettone for.99, got two. If you have never tried one, they are like raisin bread, but much lighter and fluffier, with other fruits or nuts sometimes. These have candied orange in them. I like it sliced, toasted, and slathered in fresh butter.

Cleaning out fridge and freezer tonight, ramen noodles with leftover chicken and vegetables, home made spring rolls with pork and cabbage, maybe rice or edamame if we're really hungry.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lice yikes! Merry xmas everyone! mellow one here. boxing day up here so sales ..just ordered books from book outlet. open house sat so will clean tomorrow kids can do basement and their rooms esp ds. I just want to veg and watch movies. they have been off but not us moms as you know. dd in a mood cus period and first year w/o nana. we all miss her. she found a gift card I got her last year for daddy daughter pizza date so they are out doing that. don't know what she thought xmas was going to be but was basically the same as the last few years. dh and I were bit hungover cus at neighbours xmas eve and son poured stiff drinks and not the type you can tell how stiff. got spoiled dh got me stuff on my amazon wish list and stuff I said buy me for xmas when we were out and about. he needs that. everyone got lots of stuff.

leftovers for today and just some housework. have dvds from library and lots of xmas movies taped. allergies bad this week so been foggy with allergies even w pills. tomorrow is work and cleaning for sat.