2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 108
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,614 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really bad driving today but I went into the food shelf anyway. Because of it being closed 2 Wednesdays in a row, and the fact that Thursday and Tuesday volunteers do little in the freezer, I needed to get in there and straighten things out. We get meat from stores every day and it can really pile up if it isn't sorted everyday or at least 3 days a week, which is when I usually come in.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got free poinsettia, cabbage, scraps for my chickens and boxes of macaroni and cheese from soup kitchen today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone has a safe NYE. I’m cleaning house and doing laundry today. No plans for tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping to find some more to sell today, as I've had good luck getting rid of things that way the past few days. Don't want to push my luck, though.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's bright and sunny and still cold. A few errands I could run, nothing urgent. May start some laundry, too.

We had plans with friends for this evening, but that is falling apart. Glad I didn't spend a bucket of money on snacks. DH and I will watch a movie at home.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't do NYE.....husband will be in bed way before midnight but I will stay up to watch the ball drop.

Running to Hallmark today....my sister is looking for a yearly angel.....she gets one every year and her hallmark closed.

Was very good yesterday...went to Target and purchased 0 dollars....now on Sunday I did spend $50 there....got pencils, socks, lots of small stuff for my shoeboxes...I'm committed to making 365 pencil packs for fillers so took my $50 gc from Amazon and got 250 pens, 288 Ticonderoga pencils and 144 eraser tops. So, I'm on my way.....have $50 in rewards and points at Wags so hoping I can find some small toys on sale to add to shoeboxes.....

Have a safe New Year's Eve everyone....may 2020 brings you joy, health and wealth....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did the run to the grocery store for the breakfast sale. They were out of "free" store brand OJ and substituting the expensive fresh squeezed kind. Oh darn. On the other hand Aldi was completely cleaned out of christmas cookies when I stopped, and looking like they had missed a truck delivery, too.

NYE movie watching party has shifted to a different house. I checked that both bags of pita chips are still good and combined them to take, with artichoke dip. Also taking 2 packages of cookies. Got a bottle of wine out of the garage.

DH had half a day of work, we are just going to relax until evening.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free lunch at work today so I'm not really hungry now.....cheese & crackers, meatballs w/sweet & sour sauce (need to make the sauce.) Frozen cheesecake if we want it. I'm doing a 3 mi hike tomorrow so need decent sleep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pouring rain here for hours. some family drama but hopefully the new year sees the end of it. dh and sil spread their parents ashes so that is done. plus their nana.. who had been sitting in a cupboard for 36yrs. so that is off the to do list. plans keep changing cus kids..ds got invited to friends place he is staying so maybe road trip. laundry and dishes of course. putting things away. crows have their food. youngest cat won't even step outside and is sleeping a lot so will be bugging us tonight. at least others will go sit on porch under cover.

no big plans tonight which is fine by me .. movies from library and plenty of food. got half price pjs for ds yesterday and lots of marked down xmas choc. made mulled wine for the first time and watching joyful noise. have lots of xmas movies taped too. mellow day