2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry, Peg. I don't want to make anyone cry. Some days it makes me cry, too. When it gets really bad, I work on stuff for Days for Girls, which always makes me smile.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the soup kitchen today. No spending for me. I’m sure I will bring home goodies today.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sunny here..the snowstorm came and went lol rearranged the vet appt for kitten booster shot until thursday. will get ds to go get bread and canned cat food after school. vegged out yesterday too w dh watching shows. getting stuff done via internet. dh did one library yesterday and got noise cancellation headphones for dd. laundry and housework ..never ends you guys know. picked the rest of the ham out of the remains of pea soup and gave to crows. ham was from freezer so couldn't refreeze. thinking pasta for dinner. will look in fridge and freezer for dinner ideas. 2019 Frugal Challenge-51341426_10157459421502971_8310083606848471040_o.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got apples and tomatoes today from soup kitchen and veggie scraps for my chickens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After I got home from work yesterday I looked out my front window and saw an animal on my property that wasn't moving. I didn't know what it was so I went out and found a cat, that was soaking wet (it had been raining) and looked to have been hit by a car. She was still alive but couldn't get up. I remembered seeing a black cat occasionally in the front end of my property and neighbor confirmed that it was a stray/feral cat. Took her to my vets office to be PTS. They were kind enough not to charge me although I would have paid to put the poor thing out of it's misery. My vet said there was no saving her, her whole back end was bent. Pretty upsetting for me and it wasn't even my cat.

Worked today and tonight I am going to see my nephews oldest son play basketball. He just started playing on a team so I am looking forward to seeing him play. We are getting an ice storm starting at 1am through tomorrow at 1pm so I am glad that I don't have to work tomorrow.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was really hoping for another no spend day, but DH needed water for work, so went and got that, a fabric marker to finish a project for dgd and decided to get a new watch battery. I got a new watch for Christmas, but decided I didn't really like it and returned it. Dh said to look for another one (smart watch), but they are $150+. Decided to just keep plugging along with the watch I had. A $6.50 battery is a lot better on the budget for now. I also picked up some laundry soap from walgreens. Arm & Hammer was $1.99 and with a $1 coupon I was able to get it for $1. Had two coupons, so I got 2. I've only been buying laundry soap when it is $1. I'm not brand loyal, so whatever I can get for $1, is what I buy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, I'm so sorry you had to go through that with the cat. Thank you for your kind heart when Kitty needed you.

Martha, I refreeze ham all the time and have for years. Why not?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been using the HM creamed soup mix for years, and for years I've also looked at the HM Hamburger Helper mix, with the intention of trying it sometime. I was looking at the HH recipe again tonight, with the plan of finally mixing up a batch and trying it out tonight. I realized, after all these years, the 2 recipes are almost identical. I had some creamed soup mix so I used that, and of course it worked just fine. I'm happy about this because I don't use creamed soup or HH much (HH not at all) so if I can use the same mix for both, I will use it up a little faster so it stays fresher. I keep creamed soup mix in the camper, so I'm happy I can use the same mix for both if I want to without having to add another container to our limited space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

poor kitty..hard thing to go though for you. Spirit deer refrozen ham doesn't seem to work well here. the soup was kinda pass it.

well went shopping again but stuff I needed like laundry soap, dairy, bread etc. the marked down bag of candy for a buck not but hey keeps dh happy. plus half price ice cream drumsticks. seems like everything has gone up again. bought a dagwood sandwich since it will make 4 cut up and cheaper that way then buying the parts. went for breakfast with a friend. chilly here. library and banking done. just guides left tonight. getting tired of the allergies. booked a focus group so $100 and my paypal dispute got finally resolved in my flavour.. I knew it would had a email from the company saying they would refund me but they hadn't. almost $50 can. product not received.

made easy dinner frozen fresh pasta, meatballs and classico sauce. easy meal from the pantry. all on sale. usual housework and laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rabbit- so sorry about your vet visit. So sweet of you to do for a animal that was hurt. My aunt lived on a farm and would put out food for her pets and those that were stranded. She noticed a limping animal but didn't know the details and called another aunt to see if they could catch it and take it to a vet. Well, they caught the small shih tzu with a missing leg (from a trap) and had him cleaned up and gotten his rabies shots. The one aunt kept him as she had a female shih tzu at home and both got along well. She said they were like 2 peas in a pod.

I was gonna make Chicken Stromboli tonight but I didn't like the smell of the chicken. So I boiled a frozen brick of ground beef and veg and had Mexican cheese to put in it. I thought it came out great while DH and DS2 said it was "ok" or didn't like it but ate all of it.

I had a CC dispute where I ordered a online book and the company said that the registration didn't go through and I wasn't charged. So I re-ordered it. I was charged for both times. I called the CC company and they want anything to substantiate my claim so I gave them the email stating my CC wasn't charged (but was)... That should do the trick.

Another storm for tomorrow thru Thursday. High winds creating -35 degree temps and frostbite. DS2 better wear his winter coat!

I made a sugarfree apple pie, as D2 has been wanting one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made a great veggie stir fry with rice as a start to my eating healthier program. I had some LO chicken and put that in, but I wouldn't have missed it. I love veggies.

Volunteering at the food shelf, I can get one summer squash, one carrot, one pepper, etc. as I live alone and a bag of carrots would get wasted. I give them a $$ donation once a month or so. I get my bread there too as we have so much left over it goes to a farmer.

At the thrift store Monday I got a huge haul of quilting fabric, about 50 pounds worth for about $40. Moda jelly rolls, $2.75 each - I have them listed on Ebay now for 5 times that. Gotta pay for my habit somehow! Probably most of it will be for resale.

It was in the high 40's yesterday, I managed to get in a real walk, and split some firewood in the barn.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has been humid and in 70s and 80s here, but it’s raining today and suppose to be 27 on Friday morning. Texas weather is nuts. Was going to clean house and do laundry today, but have a headache, so not happening. Got a coupon in the mail for a free bag of Purina One dog food. Finished a free paperback today and got two in the mail yesterday to read. Spent all day yesterday working on the embroidery. Just have one more row to do, then having it framed. The kit was free, but framing it will be expensive. I will use a 50% off coupon at Michaels to get it done. Will post a pic when done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro, I hate leg traps, I wish people wouldn't use them. So glad the story had a happy ending.

We had a ice storm start last night and everything is solid ice. Our new ins. company is sending out a woman today to take pictures of the outside of the house and woodstove but I think I am going to have to cancel since our gravel driveway is solid ice. I do not need her slipping and falling on it. Since I'm stuck at home I have been making the most of it, lots of paperwork was done this morning as well as phone calls that had to be taken care of.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the Purina dog food coupon as well but it was not the kind I was expecting. Will pick up a bag anyway for emergencies. Left overs for lunch and supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had a storm with hail some time this morning. It is getting colder. At least no headache. Got to fill up my car with gas, hit Walmart, and get chicken feed, as well as clean my house and do laundry. The girl that I have been coaching made callbacks and is coming for one last session before she goes to the audition tonight.

Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast