2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 13
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammarbug- I hope your DD is ok. Let us know what any tests reveal.

Rabbit- How's your back? I hope the pup's eye does better with the drop and doesn't need surgery.

DH made roast beef for dinner. They said it was good. I was at work so I didn't eat any.

Expecting snow this week again. Just when it melted....

Family removed the broken microwave and we have to mail it back to amazon. The new one is on its way. We'll have to remember not to heat anything over 10 minutes!

I got approved for vacation and my sister and niece will be joining us. They are excited. I hope everyone behaves themselves and doesn't complain. We have several things on the agenda and anyone can stay at the rental and veg if they don't want to do it. For me, I plan on a daily activity and easy nights.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brought home bread and salad kits from soup kitchen and scraps for my chickens. It’s cold and raining. I need sunshine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another frugal outing today with my neighbor. Going to eat off dollar menu, go to Bath&Body Works for free bath gel, on to Sephora to use a gift card and then to dollar movie. Got a free subscription to Sports Illustrated for my Gson.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I batch-cooked chicken breast again, for general usage. We used to buy grilled chicken breast at the store for $4/lb, but realized the oven would pay for itself if we bought it and switched to making air fried chicken we buy for .99/lb and gave up the store stuff. I'm not keeping track, but I usually make 3 pounds, saving about $9/batch, and I make a batch almost every week. I'm very, very sure this oven will earn back what we paid for it long before the end of the year. And of course we use it for other things, and still use our smaller AF, too. It's becoming one of those things I don't know how we lived without.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention I used a nose pad from an old pair of glasses to replace a missing one from my current glasses, thereby saving the $3 donation our eye doc suggests when they fix glasses, and the inconvevience of going there. I also tightened the screw on the remaining nose pad, which should help avoid having the problem again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH did the same thing with my glasses a while back.

Well the update on my old dog is that his eye is looking much better! My vet said he could hardly see the ulcer so to keep up the eye drops for another week and we are hoping at his re-recheck, that he will be fine and can be cone free. My vet was nice enough to not charge me for the recheck. I joke that I didn't have any kids to put through college, so I'm putting his kids through college. My back is feeling much better too. I got an inquiry from the dog rescue today to see if I would be interested in pupsitting my former foster dogs sister, who is still in foster care. Her foster parents are going on vacation at the end of the month for a week so of course I said yes. I didn't want her to have to stay at the stressful shelter for a week.

I was so tired after work today I really didn't want to cook but I cooked some turkey burgers for Dh, veggie burger for me and opened a can of baked beans. Not the best meal but it saved us from picking something up. I really want to work on getting our tax stuff together tomorrow, who knows what I will feel like tomorrow but that is the plan.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Livin Large View Post
    Been a crazy week! My daughter and family moved in last weekend. It's been good having them here but I forgot how much work little kids are. With their help we have been getting a lot of outside work accomplished - cleaning up the leaves from last fall, trimming tree branches, getting the garden and flower beds ready for planting. Put some dirt in containers to start seeds. My daughter interviewed for an admin position at the same place I work.

Bought a new fridge/freezer yesterday, it was the floor model on sale, plus 20% off and because it had a couple of scratches I got another 10% off which paid for delivery and taxes. I've been wanting a new one because I hate side by sides, the water doesn't work and it's very noisy. We will keep the old one as a garage fridge.
    I dislike side by side fridges too. was one in dh place when he bought it and stayed when it was sold

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

snow day here so rare all schools closed. so kids and dh home. don't remember that ever happening. and light fluffy snow. normal is wet and heavy. started on sunday so left work early. dh had a rare free day so of course his mom had to have groceries though the day before I asked her many times if she needed anything since we were going to store. she has a cold even homemade chicken soup I had in the freezer. so now dh is getting sick and ds is sick..should of known lol not eating much teen stops eating 2 dinners must be sick. so think we are back to lying about free time again. he can only do so much so the house is last. and costs money to hire people but will do.

the cats are having fun in the snow. took the kitten out. crows and seagulls got fed. went though the cheese and meat bin..moldy lunchmeat too moldy for crows. put the tray though dishwasher. ds went and shovelled walks for money w a friend sun and monday. monday cooked frozen stuffed turkey breast, squash and potatoes and today pulled out frozen taco meat for dinner. made a box of jiffy cornbread w added cheese and box mix of brownies w added choc chips. one mix was so expired so garbage. housework etc. of course. house almost in order from weekend. dh went out to return dvds to library and pick up a couple of things from store. bought me a bunch of flowers. what a sweetie. 2019 Frugal Challenge-51899629_10157480447947971_7054032240883269632_o.jpg 2019 Frugal Challenge-52104927_10157478872637971_4388886668711559168_n.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What state are you in, Martha?

It is cold here, but once again by Thursday mid 70s. Texas weather has been so weird. Going to do laundry and iron today. DH and I are going to sign our tax stuff at the bookkeepers today after he gets off work. We will eat out and get groceries. He doesn’t know that yet. Lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Wow....that a lot of snow Martha...in Texas and it's sunny and nice...probably high 60's....

Sitting here waiting for my meds to be delivered that were suppose to be here by 10....it's almost 2 now....very frustrating...of course pharmacy says they said 10 AM delivery....what they don't understand early and early saver are two different deliveries and they put saver on it which means by 3....ugh...it's like talking to a wall and no one will accept responsibility...

Going to dinner with youngest grandson for his birthday tonite so no cooking....which is fine since I spent all day yesterday cooking for the teen moms. Heard from one of them and they loved everything and especially the décor which was all from my stash and things I got last year after the sale...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

martha, the picture of the cat in the snow is cute. Mine would never venture out! Sweet of your husband to surprise you with flowers. It's the little things that mean so much.

I got the taxes all ready to go, now I have to find a tax preparer. We will not be going back to the one we used last year, they charged us 3 times the amount that we had been paying previously. My yard is ice, covered by a thin layer of snow again. Dogs have to stay in the little yard and they are not happy. We are having LO for dinner so no cooking tonight. (happy dance) I just had to put a tossed salad together today.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had our present side by side since 1988. They don't make 'em like that anymore. We need a bigger fridge because we eat more fresh produce than we used to. Otherwise, I like a side by side. But since we're anticipating a possible move in the next few years, I'm hoping our fridge hangs on a while longer. If not, I plan to buy the cheapest fridge we can find and leave it here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fell twice this morning taking the dog out - ugh. Took some Tylenol this morning and will have to take more tonight. Some days just suck.... I baked a cake for hubby for V-day. Probably won't fool with frosting until tomorrow. He is out at a meeting tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    What state are you in, Martha?

It is cold here, but once again by Thursday mid 70s. Texas weather has been so weird. Going to do laundry and iron today. DH and I are going to sign our tax stuff at the bookkeepers today after he gets off work. We will eat out and get groceries. He doesn’t know that yet. Lol
    I live in Canada westcoast lower mainland so lots of snow in the mountains for skiing but down here not so much

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the cats are only happy because it is very light and fluffy snow which is not the norm here. would be heavy and wet normally. have been in all week which is nice, being home and no one bugging you much, you can be creative and room to think and do things. went though and chucked some expired things, pulled frozen leftover ham from the freezer and made mac n cheese from kinda scratch start w cheese soup. put odds and ends of different cheeses. box of rotini and mashed and hid cannonli ? beans in it too.

discovered I hadn't changed the water setting from small from washing mil shawl when I did a load of darks but oh well not washing them again not real dirty and will be back in the wash again soon enough. last load in. and of course though you clean floors doesn't look like much done today. did online doc visit for prescription renewal so will pick it up tonight at walmart since another storm is suppose to come or rain which then ice. booked vegas trip not as cheap as it could be but we left it late. and staying in nicer place. quieter too.

will pick up some groceries too at walmart and maybe some valentine goodies. didn't get dh anything was thinking of making some candy easy stuff melted choc mini marshmellows and crushed candy canes. he actually likes cheap choc like those marshmellow hearts. me I get a local good choc.