2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Having coffee with a friend this morning. Going to sew some quilt blocks today and then going to basketball playoff game this evening. Nothing frugal today. I did go to Kroger yesterday and got yeast for 49 cents, ribs for $1.39 lb. and ground beef at $1.99 lb.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ribs cooking in the crockpot. Going to roast green beans and make a salad. DH and I are going to till the garden this afternoon after he gets home as colder weather is coming in tomorrow. I may even clean up my herb bed. Flower beds will have to wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy what I would give to play in my garden, ours is covered in a layer of ice here.
    Worked today and then ran errands. I was gifted a can of coffee from New Orleans, it's coffee and chicory. We will try it tomorrow morning.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free lunch at work. I'm shortening a half-slip, removed the lace and cut off 5". Need to sew the lace back on. Working from home all weekend. No drive and no spend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the herb garden cleaned and first tilling done on garden. Ribs, roasted green beans, deviled eggs, and salad for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

got rid of two bags to the thrift store and picked up a folding wood drying rack for $4. Been wanting one.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing laundry. It is cold today. Later this afternoon going to plant kale, Swiss chard, beets, and spinach. Need to clean out birdhouses too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

23 and sunny here. It was 17 below this morning, so it's nice to see the warmup.

I found a recipe for HM ramen seasoning today. We tried that out for lunch and concluded it has potential. I tweaked it a little to our taste and will keep doing that till it's perfect, but it was nice to have a base recipe as a starting point.

I mixed up a recipe for ranch dip and dressing, so will see how we like that.

Husby mixed up a new sugar free hot cocoa mix, so will give that a try, too.

I made another recipe I found this AM, for cream cheese chicken wraps. We like cream cheese seafood wraps very much, so I hope we will like these, too. Wraps are great travel food.

I'm working on finding good HM mix recipes for lots of things, so we can eat cheaper and healthier. I haven't been trying very hard to find new recipes lately because it involves so much trial and error, but I'm up for some experimenting again now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

end of a week of snow poured rain most of yesterday so cats sleep the day away and pouted. mil no shape to go out for her bday nasty cold so since boys had colds so no one shared. puttered cleaned decluttered watched my shows the last few days. nice not having to go anywhere. booked vegas. did a focus group for money this morning. booked a wine tasting w friend.

cheese tortellini for dinner. watching our shows and dvds. dh keeps napping on and off. kids back from board game w friends. going out w friend for dinner and a show sunday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cat photo is cute.

We got sleet & snow today. Not expected at all according to the weathermen. Now, the predicted forecast is snow most of the week. With the highs in the teens or 20's. I hope DS2 wears that winter coat again. He wore it for the first time last week due to sub-zero temps....

We took a trip to Costco and each of us made it into the "100 club" by spending at least $100. I got bags of chicken and a bag of shrimp, laundry fresheners, those expensive sonicare toothbrush refills...….DH got beef, refill brushes for DS2, raviolis, loaves of bread..... NOT a frugal trip, however, the prices are better than the supermarket for what we purchased.

I got some Valentine cards from the family and was given lottery tix. Won $4. I gave scratch-offs to the kids as well but dunno if they won anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Living Large and Maggie Trudeau, I saw this and thought of you. https://www.amodernhomestead.com/won...c-slow-cooker/
    I don't know how well it works, and it wouldn't work for everything, but it's an interesting concept. I'm not sure how much fuel is saved though, because if you have to boil something 20 minutes, a lot of times it wouldn't take much longer to just finish it off. I bet there's a way to DIY something like this.

I have a Coleman stovetop oven for camping. I think that would make a great hot box, like your sun oven, LL. I'd like to try that sometime by just sitting it in the sun. (Mine is black, so would absorb heat well.) The idea of bears kind of worries me though.

Ru, I beg to differ. IMO, if you're buying things at a lower price you're eventually going to buy anyway, that IS frugal even if you're spending a lot at once. We do an out of town shopping trip to bigger towns every now and then. If we don't drop at least $500, it's unusual. $1,000 is not uncommon, depending on what we need. Cost of travel is always included unless we're going for medical appointments, and we're not going to drive 50 to 120 miles to 'save' $20. Now that's not frugal!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too cold to plant yesterday. Going to get out later today to plant. Making chili for lunch. Did break down and get a new iron yesterday. I got another Rowenta. My last one lasted about 15 years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just running to CVS today to get some Lysol and kneenix...nothing else on sale...

Want to run to Kroger Marketplace and see if they have toddler girls clothing on sale for 70% off like the one we went to yesterday. I picked up some really nice fleece sleepers and cute little dresses for $3 and $4 for my nephews grandchild. I'm a sucker for little girls clothing....I have all grandsons....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had to stop at the Verizon store in town today after church, my phone keeps getting white screen when trying to use the "phone" part of the phone. This happened before a few times and I fixed it myself but this time I could not. I cannot be without a phone since we don't have a landline so it was important to get that fixed today. It's an older phone and I'm just trying to keep it as long as I can.

Since our property is still all snow with ice on top, the dogs cannot go out into the large yard so we took them to the park today for exercise. I hate being out in weather under 30 degrees and it was only in the twenties today so not fun and the wind made it feel colder. I am hoping by the end of the week my yard with have thawed out and they can run in the yard again. Trying to get motivated to make a salad to go with dinner. We are having Black bean and sweet potato tostadas, so easy and good, one of my favorites. I got the documentary Forks Over Knives from the library so will be watching that later.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer- You're right. When it comes to frugal, I do see the total dollar amount spent, as I rarely spend that kind of money for anything. And I would buy all of those items at some point anyways, but probably not all at the same time. In this case, I did spend it all at once and it did save me trips to stores to boot.

Leftovers for dinner today as I'll be working and there are things to eat.

The weather has been extremely icy and it will be a high of 18 today. It snowed a bit and the roads were icy last night. This whole week will be more snow and ice.