2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 15
Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you get your phone fixed, Rabbit.

Ru, we live in a small town with no large chain stores. Our nearest shopping is a 50 mile drive, so we don't go unless we have a good reason. We keep a running list on a clipboard and note things we need. Sooner or later, we have a medical appointment or a big ticket item we need to pick up or some other reason that justifies the cost of the trip, and then we go. It generally works out pretty well. Our next trip is coming up in about 3 weeks, when we will need to haul home another load of corn to get the neighborhood deer through winter. We also plan to take a water sample in for testing, and hit Best Buy, JA, several thrifts, Dollar Tree, WM, Menards, Aldi, Super One, Office Max, the whole foods place, and a couple other stores. Coupled with the 4 hour round trip, it will be a long day. As much as I hate shopping, cabin fever has set in and it will be Husby's first day of retirement, so I'm actually looking forward to it this time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the soup kitchen. Cold here with a chance of rain. No plans for the afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working on angel baby pockets using stash stuff. I dusted off my embroidery machine to use for embellishing the gowns and pockets. It's been so long since I've used my embroidery machine I'm having to relearn it all from scratch. But I think it will be very useful for the baby stuff.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190218_134439_1550522087216.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a stash of cabbage and bread from soup kitchen. May make sauerkraut but not sure yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took in my old dog for his re-recheck on his eye. Everything looks good so we can finally stop the eye meds and the cone came off! This has taken 2+ months.

SD - that is a lot of shopping in one day, I think I would burn out. Do you take your dogs with you when you do your mega runs?
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Took in my old dog for his re-recheck on his eye. Everything looks good so we can finally stop the eye meds and the cone came off! This has taken 2+ months.

SD - that is a lot of shopping in one day, I think I would burn out. Do you take your dogs with you when you do your mega runs?
    that is good news. our kitten did something to his eye so antibiotic drops but was such a pain to give it to him. he bumped his eye into the tube earning a couple more days. family is not good enough holding a cat that doesn't want to be held.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

family day here so long weekend. did the focus group sat. mall to bass pro for shoe sale for good quality shoes for ds. bogo good favourite choc for me. girls night out for friend and me. chinese food takeout tonight for dinner cus that damn time of the month hit me so not doing much the last 24hrs. dh went and got the basics milk, bread etc and fhp. rest of my prescription. of course always housework. money going out to pay years worth of martial arts for ds too tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Expecting snow/ice tonight & Wednesday. I will bring home enough work to get me through Wednesday. Still in rental car, I wish my new car would arrive, hoping just another week or so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, glad your doggy is coneless now. We do burn out on the big shopping days, but it has to be done. Luckily a lot of the places we need to go in Duluth are in a cluster, so less time driving around between places. We will go downtown to big GW and SA which are inconvenient. Husby wants to go over to WI to SA and GW there, but I'm resisting. He's on a mission to find gowns for me to make over. LOL.

We do take doggies on day trips. They're too bratty to leave home alone.

Martha, try wrapping your cat in a large bath towel. If they can't move around as much, they can't fight the meds as much. The thickness of the towel helps protect from claws.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did a little ironing and made gingerbread. Going to meet a friend for lunch and then later tonight we are going to basketball playoff games.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a dermatology appt today but cancelled due to it snowing. My vision is poor in bad weather. Got charged $25 for cancelling. Not frugal, but it prevents any car accidents. I'll have to cancel the appt a day or two before if I notice any bad weather in the forecast.

DH and I are supposed to drive up north to take care of business. He works overnights and is very tired. I think I'll wake him later and reschedule this issue. It's quite important, but he works 7 nights a week and it's a long drive when you're tired.

Weather has been in the single digits so I've been driving DS2 to the bus stop and waiting. I noticed another car came and dropped off a student. I don't want DS2 standing in that kind of weather, so he hangs out in the car until it gets closer to the bus arrival time.

Dinner is chicken enchiladas. DH could eat them every day but DS2 is getting tired of them. I like them and unless DS2 wants to cook, that's the menu. I make banana bread, cookies, or pumpkin pie if the family wants any of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I just wondered about the dogs since you said it was a 4 hour round trip and then all that shopping has to take hours too. I'm sure the dogs will enjoy a day out too!

Martha, I second the towel trick. That is the only way I know of to medicate a cat.

Dropped the taxes off before work. Got gas and the car washed while I was in the city. Plan on having LO vegetable soup and salad for dinner so no cooking.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, it's a long day when we shop like that. The older we get, the harder it is. Fortunately the closest town with big box stores is only 50 miles, so mostly we just go there. This upcoming trip is 110 miles though.

Our dogs have a dog door so they can go in and out while we're gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Rabbit, glad your doggy is coneless now. We do burn out on the big shopping days, but it has to be done. Luckily a lot of the places we need to go in Duluth are in a cluster, so less time driving around between places. We will go downtown to big GW and SA which are inconvenient. Husby wants to go over to WI to SA and GW there, but I'm resisting. He's on a mission to find gowns for me to make over. LOL.

We do take doggies on day trips. They're too bratty to leave home alone.

Martha, try wrapping your cat in a large bath towel. If they can't move around as much, they can't fight the meds as much. The thickness of the towel helps protect from claws.
    yes good tip. basically they just wouldn't hold him properly like yes he will struggle lol he wasn't trying to claw anyone.an old cat I had had thyroid issues and I knew from past experience getting meds down him was a chore so got the gel for his ears. everyone is like that is more expensive .yes but way easier and he ran from that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer- How much is gas near you? I'm sure it must take quite a bit to do the shopping. I love the embroidery on the pockets. I'd love to see how a gown turned out.

Rabbit-Glad to hear that the pup is doing better.

I used to wash a dog all the time and decided, hey, why not give our cat a bath? I was younger at the time and had no idea they didn't like water. Well, the claws came out and he held onto me for dear life. I couldn't tear him away from my shirt and so, that was the end of bath time. He was one of the best cats we ever had. I would vacuum and carry him around the house. He would catch all kinds of critters and leave them on the porch (after mom yelled at him for bringing a mouse in the kitchen).