2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 18
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of those days that nothing much got done, worrying about too many people in my life. I wish it was warm and I could get some nature therapy, I need a good long hike in the woods.

On top of it the dog I'm pupsitting snapped at and bit my old dog when he was just walking past her. That made Beastie amped up so I have to make sure that the dogs are separated. This is going to be a long 9 days.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought dog food using one of the gift cards from a contest at work. There were PetSmart "treat points" (or something like that) on the account when I logged in, and got 5% discount for buy online/pick up in store. That beat the Amazon price at least and I'll get it right away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very cold and I’m sick with an upper respiratory infection. DH just left for New Mexico for his aunts funeral. I’m staying in and doing nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you feel better soon, GB. 🙁

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, sorry you are sick and also about the aunt. Winter is depressing.
    Made 2 loaves pumpkin bread to use up pumpkin and cranberries from the fridge. I'll make pinto beans w/ ham in the crock pot tomorrow. Supposed to get more snow but not too much so I expect to go to work anyway. Flowers are trying to come up and it's warmer but the snow gods have not got the message.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bookwormpeg View Post
    Thanks everyone.....my eye feels better today and was happy that the patch is off....I can see soooo much better....never realized how much I wasn't seeing.....and, it really wasn't too bad.....the waiting and not knowing is what gets you....at least I know I can pass my eye test for my renewal of license in June....I was really worried.....
    Sometimes rujerro you have to do what is best for your health....I had to retire at 64 because I couldn't take the stress any longer and my blood work was always a mess.....I sucked it up and did COBRA for a year till I could get medicare….it wasn't too bad....the difference in my blood work is amazing....I have severe RA.....my Humeria is what costs a fortune but as long as my husband is working we can do it.....he is 66 but really only works part time and gets full pay so I don't say too much...and, I need my alone time so told him he can NOT retire....lol....I'm not a 24/7 gal....first husband worked three nights a week and every other weekend so I am use to doing my own thing.
    My doctor rewrote the script to double to doze so I can get it on Sunday. Which I am so happy about....insurance is a joke sometimes.....without insurance these drops cost $731.15.....the bottle is tiny...tiny....thank God I am in catastrophic stage and I will pay only 5%.....I fell into the donut hole and out all in the same day when I got my Humeria last week.....they are suppose to close up that hole in 2020....hopefully it jumps right to catastrophic after stage 1 or whatever they call it....will see....
    Not doing anything today....
    seriously that much! maybe 60 bucks up here for drops after cataract surgery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammar- Hope you're feeling better. Sorry to hear about DH's aunt.

Dlrcpa- Those early spring flowers are too early here at my house as we face the windy North. They try to sprout and then get covered with snow. I try to cover them. I try to buy the late spring flowers or early summer ones as we have delayed spring here.

No frugalness today, unfortunately. We had to drive 1.5 hours to start the eviction process on a tenant. More driving to get to the sheriff and then about 2 hours to get home with traffic. Court fees and personal service fees got pricey. Then back again tomorrow and next week. Lots of gas was spent.

Watched a movie with DS2- Spy Kids 4. It was cute.

For dinner, I made a braid using leftover ham. Basically, a hot ham & cheese sandwich. It came out good.

DH's birthday is in a week. Not sure what to get him or anything. He never liked celebrating but as he's gotten older, it seems to have become something to celebrate. Maybe due to his brain surgeries? Not sure. I don't usually get him more than a card with some lottery tix. But I'll see what else I can do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB hope you feel better....this weather has been crazy....warm on day...wet and rainy the next....cold the next...and sometimes hot, cold, warm, rainy, happens all in one day...LOL....I don't like the cold...can't believe I use to live up north and snow and ice were an everyday event...walked a mile to school no matter what.....the "good old days."

Rujerro as we get older I think we really appreciate those birthdays....remember when you were 29 and you were 29 right up to the day you turned 30 and you denied you were 30 for months? Now you don't say "I'm 65" it's "I'm going to be 66" even if your birthday was just yesterday......lol crazy....hope he has a wonderful birthday.

Eyes are doing good....three more weeks of drops and that should do it....then will get reading glasses....looking forward to it....

Meeting friend at Starburcks (not frugal at all!) to plan Easter egg hunt for kids....have 50 kids signed up already.

Haven't cooked much at all this week...been in a funk....think it's the weather.....

Have a great weekend everyone...stay warm and well...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Managed to go buy chicken feed and hit Walmart market for a few things. Still not feeling well. All of you stay warm and well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope by tomorrow you're feeling better Gbug.

I worked and then stopped at the Farm store and tried to buy some cat litter. They are out again. The company that makes it is having a hard time finding clay and when the store gets their monthly shipment in, it's gone in a couple of days. I have been trying for 2 months now. Glad I still have some bags stockpiled. I don't want to switch litter on my cats, I have been using this litter for their whole lives. Making spaghetti for dinner, nice and easy. Since I don't eat meat I put in zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms, it makes it a little more filling. I plan on putting my feet up tonight and starting a new library book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Prescription came in the mail - yay. That was one thing I had to sort out early this week. New insurance co said get a new script from the doctor - what for? Same medicine I have been on forever. Old insurance refilled a bit early. Maybe they company did not drop the old insurance right away? Anyway I am good for another 3 months and will worry about it then.

I will pick up new car Sunday and turn in the rental car. Rental car seemed like such as waste of money, really bad timing on the old car breaking down.

Will make some sort of chicken/noodle casserole for dad Saturday. There is another 1 lb of ham left from the container I pulled out of freezer, maybe quiche or some egg-ham-potato casserole Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well back on track ...wasn't frugal and on the line of credit but needed time together .. made mistakes should have booked earlier etc. but will mil and others things... not that even going to a diff country stops mil stuff. first time in months..senior group calls...she is not answering phone for pickup for dinner..mmm well not much we can do about it. had a talk w dh about getting more clear in what she is doing. her have 3 appts mon, lung heart kidneys..so you think what? text sil no it is tues and follow up tuesday turns out just her reg appts nothing special. since she is not quite right can't trust all she says. nothing to worry about. at least we had 48hrs before everything went back to normal.

got the basics we needed cat food, milk etc. eating out of the freezer since we came home. ds has two bdays parties all of a sudden so money out for that now. did some work for friend. part needs replacing on my car so that is ordered. didn't sleep well so quiet night tonight. just watching pvrd shows. decided all cat boxes now in the basement. kitten is old enough and the other cat can just get over it. if she sleeps down there she can go to the box down there since there is 2 now. the dust and perfume scent is bugging my allergies too much and the whole area needs a good clean. so the older cat will be put in the litter box on a reg basis ..she gets pissy about things and pees on stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, hope the litter box change works for you. I have always kept my cats litter boxes in the basement, just don't want that in my living space. Also I think it's good for them to have to run up and down the stairs, cats don't seem to get much exercise on their own once they get older so I figure it helps. I also feed them downstairs too. (so the dogs don't get into their food)

Don't plan on leaving the house today, I have enough here to keep me busy between things to entertain me and chores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better this morning. DH gets back tonight. Kind of a blessing that he has been gone while I’m sick. Not doing much today. Winter storm and rain coming in late tonight. I know it’s nothing compared to what some of you go through. Probably going to watch movies all day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Martha, hope the litter box change works for you. I have always kept my cats litter boxes in the basement, just don't want that in my living space. Also I think it's good for them to have to run up and down the stairs, cats don't seem to get much exercise on their own once they get older so I figure it helps. I also feed them downstairs too. (so the dogs don't get into their food)

Don't plan on leaving the house today, I have enough here to keep me busy between things to entertain me and chores.
    yes I always wanted them down there. always has been one and most of our cats do their business outside. but 5 yrs ago we adopted a cat who is damaged from her previous owners. stress pee'r like be outside for 12hrs come in for 2 mins the whole day to pee on the bathroom floor and go back out. we have small bathroom/house so had the litter box in ds room for a long time because she wouldn't use the one downstairs. we put a cat door in the basement door so they have no excuse not to go down. if we rearrange pees.. boxes of decor from attic pees... has lots of attitude so pee's cus of that. called miss pissy pants for a couple of reasons. pees on things left on the floor. not rugs though. has gotten a lot better. then we got the kitten so different litter and ds was no more box in my room so was living it the dining room. not that we ate at the table much. but kitten is old enough so it can go downstairs. so miss pissy pants gets a talking too a lot lol if she gets bad we put her in the box like a kitten lol doesn't like it but gets the hint.