2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 19
Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, aren't cats finicky! I have had cats for 37 years and still can't figure them out! I wanted to put a cat door in the basement door but DH wouldn't let me, door is too nice he says. I have to prop my basement door open all the time and it's by the living room so I can feel the cold from the basement. We have problems with one of our cats eating strings, she's obsessed. She eats strings from blinds, shoelaces, so many shoelaces. DH had to put poles in the closet doors so she can't open them. I was wearing a hoodie the other week and bent down to put wood in the woodstove and she was chewing on my hoodie string!

Starting to get cabin fever. I am really tired of being inside and so many grey days.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I lived with cats, we had the litter box in the cellar as well. Let them run up and down the stairs. As one cat got older and was unable to walk well, we put it in the kitchen. I don't think we changed the brand of litter, however. It was extremely dusty and not good quality.

Well, another day of unfortunate events. And frugality went out the window.. DH's car finally gave up while we were out and about. It kept slipping gears and he kept pulling over to turn it on/off. We got to our destination but it took a lot of work to get it to move after we were done doing errands. So, we left it in a parking space and walked home. At 16 degrees, I was frigid and we passed by a supermarket that sold scarves/mittens for half price. So, I got some. We finished walking home. DH doesn't want to lease a car due to lack of funds. He wants to find a mechanic. I found one on Craigslist who basically told me to junk the car. On Monday, he plans on getting a rental. Mind you, when we renewed our car insurance and the price increased, I purposely kept the rental on insurance as I knew this would happen. DH wanted lower premiums but this was one I would NOT give up.

I told DH months ago that he needed a emergency fund....Even $50 or $100/mth to start!! Did he listen? Nope.

For dinner, family had bagels or ham sandwiches. Dessert was leftover pie, ice cream or banana cranberry bread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yep have had cats my whole life. they are weird. put mulch outside she uses as cat litter. had fluffy snow cat litter. I thought the kitten was having problems peeing etc but no just complaining about the litter box...cus she stank it out or whatever, gets . he will go in the box to cover it up lol never had a cat so clean and he was a barn cat. one reason I wanted a kitten this time so I can raise it. no more other peoples problems. we had the cat door in because we had kids after moving in so need the door closed so they couldn't fall down the stairs. we took the deadbolt off after dd locked me downstairs when she was 4.

sigh teens... last minute invite to one party today on thursday, suppose to be another monday after school casual but now just after we buy movie tickets online get a text from the parent it is tomorrow like at 930. yell for son..well wasn't sure he wasn't sure blah blah. don't know if ds was a last minute fill in for the party today because they went to a indoor sports place.

went to the caregiver mini expo w friend got free bagged lunch there plus she needed to go to bakery near her place so got bread, buns, currant buns and foccacia cheese and onion bread ..bakery when hungry lol hit walmart for some basics milk lunchmeat etc. family had hotdogs for dinner and I had the bagged lunch. healthy veggies and hummus and a cheese and veggie sandwich. plus a cookie.
    pulled a whole chicken out to defrost to roast for sunday. dd friend coming over for the movie how to train your dragon 3 plus mil and dh has breakfast plans for w a friend so social day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rain/snow/mix today. Pick up new car and return rental car today, I sure hope everything goes according to plan. I collected sticks and raked leaves this morning before weather comes in. Yard waste pickups resume this month and I have stuff to get rid of. Paid work at home if I can scrape up the some energy later. Audiobook and a nap seems more appealing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stopped at Meijer before church, their produce is terrible at this location. We picked up what we could and I will have to stop before work tomorrow to pick up the rest at a different Meijer. We have bring up wood for the week and after that I plan on spending the day reading. Started a good book yesterday and I can't put it down. Oh and laundry.........forgot I need to do a load.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Felling a bit better. Making chili and cornbread for dinner. Too cold to go out. No spending today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is good grammarbug. sunny here melting the snow..normally snow doesn't last here but hasn't been warm enough to melt it all.

making chicken soup from the roast chicken yesterday. still have the drumsticks and thighs and potatoes for whoever wants it tonight. ds ate at bday last night so that is why leftovers. quiet now here. cat got on my last nerve wanting in and out every few minutes so after 5 times nope. got yelled at. can't ignore her because she hangs off the screen door making lots of noise and rattling the door handle.

of course laundry , housework, declutter the house. dh changed our sheets yesterday. of course cat peed on dirty laundry. never on clean at least. group knocked on the door yesterday looking for stuff for food bank so filled a bag off the kitchen shelves...some stuff turns out like kd had exp a couple of weeks before but hey if we would eat it ok for them. spaghetti sauce, soup etc. why I buy stuff on sale like that so always a few for that type of thing. not buying kd anymore because it seems no one eats it except dd for the microwave cups. went though some tubs of things in the basement ..put things away and donated somethings like mittens and hats. amazing what I am finding. of course more to do.

floors need doing but won't if family is around cus you guys know waste of time. if I clean I want to see it clean for a little while. kids can do the dishwasher and cat boxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a good mail day. Got a free paperback and a bottle of nail polish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had the painter stop by to give me an estimate on painting my kitchen cabinets.....if he had his way I would have new cabinets, floors, backsplash, countertops etc.....I don't think so....we will never get our money back...well, not us, but the kids....I'll live with the way it is...
    Met with one of my moms....we had a good meeting.......20 with four kids....works two jobs....don't know how she does it. Hope I got thru to her about things that we talked about.
    Friday is clean the garage day....will be getting rid of lots of stuff that day.....and hopefully we will be able to walk thru garage....which will make husband happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, Iíll recommend Ever Clean unscented extra strong clumping cat litter. Lasts for a very long time, no dust and almost no smell.
    I have the litter box at the end of my sofa bed in my small apartment, so Iím picky with cat litter. I have a top entry litter box so it doesnít end up on the floor. I also think it looks nicer than an open litter box.

I got the flu last week and Iím almost recovered now. I did two loads of laundry and went grocery shopping yesterday.
    Iím celebrating my 30th birthday on Saturday. My birthday is next week. I have this week off and think Iíll declutter and get rid of things I donít use until Saturday.

For the last two years Iíve cut my hair myself and never wore it down. I went to a hair dresser recently, and she charged me menís rate since it didnít take her long to cut my hair. Havenít tried that before.
    My hair was waist length two years ago and now itís only slightly below my shoulders. It still feels kinda weird that itís so short.
    Last edited by Tine; 03-05-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

peg, bless you for mentoring that young woman. Sounds like she needs someone like you in her life.

Tine, happy early birthday! Gosh, you're so young!!

Counting down the days for the pupsitting dog to go back home. Since she bit my old dog, we have had to keep them separated. She is in the kitchen and laundry room. This means that I have a gate up, well two actually to keep them from being able to get right up to each other. We are constantly moving gates to get through to the kitchen and having to shuffle dogs around when mine need to get by to get outside. Very time consuming and stressful. Dh said it's like living in a gated community! Ha, ha.

Work today and then I will get gas at Costco, pick up a few things while I'm there and then hit Aldi. I'm glad I have the day off tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy birthday, Tine. I’m finally beginning to feel much better. It’s still cold here, but the sun is shining. Going to have baked chicken, squash casserole, garlic quinoa and brown rice, and roasted green beans for dinner. DH needs real food since he’s been bringing home fast food the past weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Tine!

DH got his car rental. I'm hoping the guy from Craigslist can run diagnostic on old car to see if it is the trans that expired. I'm not sure this guy is a planner or dependable. Said he's behind due to snow and then says he may stop over, he thinks....I asked for a day and time he would be here. If he can't make it or repair the car, I'm not sure what DH's plans are.

Making breaded chicken, Spanish rice and pumpkin pie today.

I'll vacuum and declutter today. I had my wardrobe to a capsule but had to break out warmer clothes, which takes up space. So the closet is too cluttered now. I was hoping to donate those clothes. Nope. I'll clean the dresser drawers too. There's things that need to go.

Had a fraudulent charge on my CC. I filed a dispute and the bank accidentally cancelled both of my CC's. I'm expecting one new card today as they overnighted it. I use CC for everything and the rewards are what I use for holiday/birthday gifts, trips, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Tine....hope you feel better and enjoy your week off..

Thanks Rabbit....she has no role models at home so I am hoping I can get thru to her.

GB glad you are feeling better....it's still pretty cold here....40's....

Was not frugal today as I am in charge of the Trial Bar mixing on the 19, 20, 21st....3 different meetings so need a bunch...I spent about $30 plus used $10 in points at Walgreens, and hope it will be enough...probably 30 moms. Have a coupon for a free box of Cheerios so that will help.....found some cereal for .10 a box at Big Lots....expired Feb. 28 so hopefully it will still be fresh for a month....not going open it till that day...will see if this works....Now to find cute containers to put all this stuff in....I think I will use some canning jars I have and will make up some labels for them, tie some ribbon around the lip and be done with it....

Leftover sausage and rice for dinner....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A lot of laundry to do today. Sprouts has asparagus for 98cents a bunch. Will go there after my Kroger shop. Still have plenty of leftovers, but making chicken salad using one of the chicken breasts I baked yesterday. DD is taking her nursing license exam today. I am nervous for her.