2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1-3 It is cloudy little warmer today suppose have more rain move in tonight.Only frugal thing i am doing is staying home and eating left overs.Trying get some things put away i got over the holidays.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have started putting away the holiday decor a little at a time. Will get the last of it packed up this weekend I think.

Had a nice day out window shopping. Passed by most temptations. Got a pair of jar candles and some holiday snacks at 70% off at Bed Bath. Saw gasoline for $1.79 at a local station.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Deposited rolled coins at bank. I got a ham today $.99/lb (been planning to get one). New microwave is supposed to arrive Friday. Going to mix up cookie dough to bake Saturday and biscuits to freeze unbaked. I thought of using a round plastic container to stack raw biscuits in separated by wax paper. Just bake a few as needed or top a pot pie. Ground beef on sale so I plan to make up several meat loaves and freeze.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay! The sun is out and tomorrow it’s suppose to be 69. Only in Texas. Not much happening here today. Need to hit Kroger for deals and today’s freebie. Think I’m going to make doll clothes that I have cut out.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sunny here and supposed to get into the 50's today. Should be a nice day to go out. Want to swing by Aldi for a couple things. We are meeting friends for an evening in and I am going to take a few snacks. Already have crackers and summer sausage, and cheese. Thinking of getting a bagged salad, and maybe making stuffed jalapenos if I find some nice peppers. Been craving seafood so I want to see who has the best price on shrimp.

Printed out my free desk calendar for January, on the back of some old paperwork. Dug out my 2013 wall calendar and will be reusing it this year as the days are exactly the same.

Other than that, not much going on. Got to do some housework, and start taking down holiday decorations.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad moved into an apartment in a city close to mine today. Both my parents now live less than ten miles away I helped him assemble furniture and had dinner with him. We're going to IKEA and some other stores tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No drive, no spend, no cooking, still in my jammies kind of a day. Only thing I did worthwhile is sort/inventory my garden seeds, made a plan for planting and narrowed the list I need to buy down to 5 or 6. Oh, I also got steaks out to thaw so we can grill them tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our only thrift store is closing its doors in 2 weeks. It's a sad day. I've gotten so many great bargains there. Everything is half price, so of course we had to go there today. I had recently wanted to buy a stainless steel trash can to use by my work table, but didn't want to pay the price. Today I got this at GW for just $4:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wrong button. I got this:
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190104_185601_1546653217826.jpg
    I think it's one of my favorite repurposes. It's a commercial beverage server, which Bunn lists on their site for $168. It only hold 3.5 gallons. I wish it was a bit bigger, but for the price I can compromise. I just love it! It's a perfect size for the space I have, which is quite narrow. And I love unique things and using things in ways they were never intended. I still can't believe I found such a thing. I knew as soon as I saw it I wanted it for trash. I may peel the label off at some point, but I like the colors so it doesn't bother me if they stay.

We got a few other bargains too, nothing as interesting as the new trash can.

Got 20 pounds of BSCB at the grocery store for .99 a pound. I will cook that up tomorrow for dog food and freeze it. Ground turkey chugs have been close to $3/lb lately, which is what I usually use, so buying the chicken instead was a good savings.

We opted to skip the $11 take out chicken dinner because I had cooked chicken in the AF this morning just for general purposes. We came home to find the dogs had gotten into the potato bin again while we were gone, so I cleaned the damaged potatoes and cooked those to go with the chicken. Fresh cauliflower completed the meal.

Got 2 boxes of free graham crackers from one of our grocery stores.

Mom gave us a loaf of HM graham bread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is funny why would dogs be interested in potatoes? not much happening around here. was pouring rain for most of the last couple of days. watching shows.. motivating teens. dealing with guide stuff, housework. cooking a bit. dh is back at work. some bookwork and grocery shopping plus allergy meds etc. fruit was good deal 5lbs macintosh apples 3.99 kd cups for dd school lunch buck each so got 6. marked down eggnog, cake, yogurt and nuts in the shell for my mom for her birthday.

ds in a mood ..motivated by sitting in his room too much so decluttering and cleaning without parents saying so. definitely takes after me lol not dh. dd takes after him. don't think she has volunteered to clean her room in her life. he found 2 bags of clothes in his closet so will go though them to see if they will fit a friends son.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny and going to be warm here today. Didn’t hit Kroger or Albertsons yesterday so DH and I will go today. Taking 3 bags of clothes to donate with proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity. Did start sewing on doll clothes, so probably will work on them today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went out of town shopping, but mostly to take a sewing machine for service and pick up another 500 pounds of corn for the deer. The tech cleaned some lint out of the upper tension plates and then said there would be no charge. We appreciated that, and also the 10 gallons of gas we won't have to buy to go back to pick the machine up later.

We got a bunch of good close out deals at the grocery store, plus some things at Aldi.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - good score on the trash can.

My daughter and family will be here the first weekend of February. She told me they will be bringing @50# of frozen meat. So I started making room in my freezer. I took a turkey out to thaw and hubby will cook it this week in the pressure canner. I'll can the meat and next weekend I'll make broth with those bones and the ones in the freezer. I then found a bag of frozen turkey and grabbed a bag of frozen peas and made creamed turkey with peas using a 1/2 gallon of hm broth...oops not enough meat so I grabbed a pint jar of turkey from the shelf and added that too. Well, I accidently grabbed a 1/2 gallon of ham broth instead of turkey broth and didn't realize it until after it was opened. So I grabbed 3 ham bones from the freezer and canned 4 quarts of ham and bean soup using the last of my beans, celery from the freezer, an onion and 3/4 of a gallon of hm ham broth.

Went to the grocery store this morning and spent $46. No sale meat and no sale veggies :-( $15 was on cat food and $5 was on charcoal, rest was on food.

Hubby spent the day working on a cypress chest he started a year ago. I can't wait until it is finished so I can store my quilts in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pumpkin-potato soup in the crock pot. Today is the dog club holiday party, I'm taking crackers and cheeses (also HM cookies and nuts). That will be my main meal. I bought double crackers since I'm also doing the refreshments for club meeting in 2 weeks. Safeway had a lot of BOGO items. I got sale ground beef to make up items (meatloaf & other) for the freezer. Also some sausage packs marked down that will work for pizza, lasagne, etc. in the future. Those went into the freezer right away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We ate breakfast out this morning after church like we always do---$2.99 each for the Senior Breakfast at Krystal. DH also brought home some Bojangle's fried chicken yesterday (I should have known not to let him do errands on his own). Except for those two things, no money spent eating out. Last year we got into the habit of picking up a bag of burgers and fries or cheap pizza instead of sticking to my menu plan. We spent way too much on eating out last year and I'm determined not to do that this year. Plus, it's healthier.

DH will begin receiving Social Security next month and we're hoping to be able to save a good bit of it and live off my pension.

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast