2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 20
Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, fingers crossed that your daughter will do well on her nursing exam. My niece did her exams a year ago and she was so nervous that she wouldn't even tell us the date of her exam.

I have been on the phone all morning with doctors/hospital regarding my husbands upcoming shoulder surgery. Good grief. Too many doctors involved and everyone has to know what the other is doing and dealing with the ins. co. I think I have it all squared away now. Good thing I had the day off, I would have never been able to make all these calls at work. I had planned on making twice baked potatoes for dinner and now it seems like too much work but I don't have a backup so will have to muster through.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Tine View Post
    Martha, Iíll recommend Ever Clean unscented extra strong clumping cat litter. Lasts for a very long time, no dust and almost no smell.
    I have the litter box at the end of my sofa bed in my small apartment, so Iím picky with cat litter. I have a top entry litter box so it doesnít end up on the floor. I also think it looks nicer than an open litter box.

I got the flu last week and Iím almost recovered now. I did two loads of laundry and went grocery shopping yesterday.
    Iím celebrating my 30th birthday on Saturday. My birthday is next week. I have this week off and think Iíll declutter and get rid of things I donít use until Saturday.

For the last two years Iíve cut my hair myself and never wore it down. I went to a hair dresser recently, and she charged me menís rate since it didnít take her long to cut my hair. Havenít tried that before.
    My hair was waist length two years ago and now itís only slightly below my shoulders. It still feels kinda weird that itís so short.
    yes I have covered litter boxes too. I don't think we can get that brand of litter here but my friend says the one from costco isn't bad. glad you are feeling better

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Early Happy Birthday Tine!

snowing again here very rare for march but not that much couple of cms. haven't been up to much.. finally vacuumed and mopped all floors w murphys oil. no wall to wall anywhere anymore upstairs. I have an electric carpet sweeper I use daily and I sweep kitchen too. I don't like crumbs under my feet. has been a combo frugal and wasteful. lb of strawberries in the compost all too moldy. but bought the kentucky derby pie from freezer from xmas to moms group for snack. we take turns. grocery shopped w my mom yesterday spent $144 but then it was 10% off day so took that instead of extra airmiles. some half price yogurt. froze the chicken soup. 3 containers full. leftover chicken to the guys tonight. had to pull out shelving unit for plug and discovered a box of old dutch cheezies lunch size bags that got forgotten. few weeks out of date but still tasty.

just the reg stuff errands, laundry, lots of computer and taped tv shows... listening to the nat king cole special on pbs for now. guides, kids activities... dh has one week of spring break off and already his family sniffed out that he has time they are psychic that way. so I am going to start hiring people to do work about the house. he is much too tired during the week and it is never ending with his family for any free time the last 14 yrs. had a list going today of easy one day projects for everyone during that week. like replacing dd bedroom door w the one from upstairs that got changed out. hers is coloured on from them way long ago has a smashed hole in it etc not a good look. but one of those don't think of things. have to get on w the peeling paint and black mold in bathroom for years too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got word that my daughter passed her test. Woo! Hoo! My son in law is getting a better job, too. Hopefully getting on their feet. Made my grocery shop yesterday. Splurged and bought salmon at $5.99 per lb. It was a special and is usually $7.99. I divided it up into 6 meals for us, so it was cheap in the long run. Going to cook some tonight with the 98 cent asparagus. Trying to eat better. Also got canned black beans and northern beans 2/$1. Still using up from pantry and freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is good news, nice to hear. More bad weather on the way but does not sound like a problem traffic-wise. Planning to work a lot of hours next week so will take it easy Friday and Saturday. Pay week is Sunday-Saturday. I discovered I do get time+1/2 for over 40 hours with the new owners.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

had a frugal lunch today - steamed an onion, some cabbage, and a carrot, and then added a can of chicken noodle soup. Made it healthier and cut the sodium. It will make 3 meals for me. I added some crusty bread and butter.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great news, Gbug!

Stopped on my way home from work at the farm store to check if they had cat litter again. They did! I used my rain check that I've had for over 2 months. Now I won't need any for quite a while. I had to stop at Verizon on Wednesday to have the guy fix something on my phone. As soon as I got home I got a text that I had went over my data usage. ??? Called customer service today and they are waiving the fee. I never go over on my data, even though I have very little of it on my phone. I got the dog crate put back downstairs that I was using for the dog that I pupsat and also got the blankets washed and put away. Made a salad to go with leftovers for dinner.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stopped at CVS and got shampoo & conditioner ($2), 2 boxes cereal ($4) to stash at work. Gave shampoo & conditioner to my co-worker so she could try it, she compliments my hair a lot.
    For dad & my lunch tomorrow making "copycat" Jiffy corn bread with creamed corn, ham & cheese added. Should mix some refrigerator cookie dough to bake there also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

at home having lunch instead of eating out since no family lol a real break. working at store close by. discount magnum ice cream bars so bought a couple boxes. friend coming over so got nibbles a couple of days ago. we are going to wine tasting supporting a charity tonight. enough stuff for the kids to eat for dinner in the freezer. snowed off and on yesterday so skipped dd art class.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made "dump cake" w/ cherry pie filling, pineapple, and a cake mix dated 2016 (oops.) Fine for experimentation purposes. Never made this before, it will probably be eaten even if only so-so result.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never been able to get dump cakes to work. They always turn out soupy for me. But as you said, they always get eaten.

I bought 9 pounds of BSCB on sale yesterday. Today I air fried 6 pounds, half seasoned, half plain, and made 6 pkgs to freeze with the FoodSaver. That will be used for camping/travel. Both varieties can be used in many different meals, and will save money over eating out or having to buy chicken not on sale
    From past experience, I know the farther we get from home, the more expensive certain items can be. Having cheap meats prepped and in the freezer and cooler will save a bundle. I plan to find a good low sodium, low sugar recipe for BBQ sauce and make up the rest in the Crockpot. Husby liked some pulled pork I stupidly bought once on a trip, but it's too full of stuff we shouldn't eat, and too expensive, too. I hope I can figure out a suitable substitute.

I got off our property for the first time in 2 months and was rewarded by finding a bunker full of assorted cheese at one store. It was selling for $1 per one pound package, normally on sale for around $4. I bought 14 pounds of Swiss, hot pepper, and cheddar. That will hold us a few months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow good deal on the cheese! sunny here so snow is melting. national meatball day so doing meatballs at a store. company is switching over to the way paperwork is done with new company..lets say treat you like you are an idiot and expect to pay for all materials used. parchment paper etc. so over it. not great reviews of the company online either. people love meatballs so will be popular.

but 4 more booked days of working so when over its over. Excedrin and 2 aleve taken. pulled frozen taco meat out for dinner. kids have their activities dh out with friend. he picked up dry cat food so that is done. need bread milk and creamo too.

wine tasting was fun and informative. my friend won a door prize..usually wins when she goes out with me lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a bourbon barbecue sauce using an AHA recipe. I hope we like it. It was very quick and easy so I would use it again if we like it. Then I used it to make up the last 3 pounds of chicken in the Crockpot. I can't wait to see if it's any good. If we like it, I think I could can some in half pint jars. Husby keeps buying store sauce which we aren't supposed to have, so it will be nice if I can replace that woth something healthy. Frugally, I used up a can of outdated tomato paste that's been hanging around, 2 chunks of onion in need of being used, and 2 tbsp of bourbon from the small puddle left in the bottom of a large Jim Beam bottle I want to get rid of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did a much needed run through on the house today and made a batch of refried beans in the crockpot. DH and I took the pack to the park for a walk, I thought since it was 36 degrees out today it would feel very warm compared to what it's been but no, it was windy and freezing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good find on cheese SD.....
    I went to CVS and got 3 bottles of shampoo and 3 of conditioners, one Sure Deo, and a coffee drink and paid $10 and got back $1. Will give the shampoo and conditioner away since I have plenty.
    Going to have some hot appetizers and cheese and crackers about 5:15 when oldest grandson comes by with his girlfriend and little boy who live out of town, and we will all go to dinner. Don't get to see them too often so it will be fun.