2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 21
Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Veg soup in the crock pot today w/ ham scraps. I will add some pinto beans to mine later. Plan to make bread and muffins this afternoon. Will be eating breakfast in the car next week since this switch to "daylight savings" totally screws up my schedule. Back to walking the dog in the dark every morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a lot of leftovers from my birthday party yesterday, so I have food for almost a week.

I got money for new glasses and sunglasses for my birthday. The optician store I use has free tests until the beginning of April. They also have 2 frames for the price of one and is the cheapest store, when you want two pairs of glasses.

I didn’t update my tax information last year and just saw I get a $700 tax refund next month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH got home last night. Everything is blooming and the pollen is killing me. I feel better, but not completely back. Sounds like you all have been busy. I put a blackberry cobbler in the oven and that’s about it. I’m trying to use up my freezer stash since my beets, chard, spinach, and kale are coming up nicely. We probably won’t have anymore freezing temps. It’s suppose to rain for the next few days. I hope to get to clean out the flowerbeds and ready everything for spring by the weekend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

woke up crabby lol some things yes like do I have to tell you to turn the dishwasher on if it is full after you put in dishes? and of course dh had free hours so his family had already booked him to change mils clocks because his sister refused to do it or too menial or can't figure it out. why someone legally blind who doesn't use the stove and can't see the time on it plus microwave has to have a rush on changing the time. got his sister to change the talking clock yesterday.

ended up spending about 170 on groceries between two stores..lots of meat deals.. meatloaf, chicken, smokies etc plus all the other things needed or on sale really cheap.

couldn't give away the oj for demo so said screw it and shut down early and did my grocery shopping. always wonder why marketing companies get to charge so much money for the stupidest suggestions and timing. this brand..first demo I ever did.. weight loss product on mothers day. oil of olay on fathers day is my dumb fathers day story. so many times I have to say hey do lots of products we dont' make up the demos lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- Glad you got some $ back.

DH and I may be on the lookout for temp jobs. See what happens next week. I usually volunteer at the local pantry and told them I may be coming as a client and they said just stop in. Nice people.

Still have some leftovers to eat. I'll make scalloped potatoes & ham to use up that ham.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Raining today which doesn’t help my mood. I’m feeling well enough to work at the soup kitchen. Got to get out of this house. Not sure about dinner. Guess it will depend on how I feel when I get home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I have found that when I make dump cakes I have to bake them for at least an hour and sometimes even an hour and ten minutes....it's more like a cobbler I think....not like you can cut a piece and eat it with your hands....

Lost another friend this morning....I know it's that time in my life but it's hard to accept....

Today is a nice day but haven't done a thing.....having leftover pizza for dinner so no need to cook.

Rujerro there is no shame in going to a food pantry. That's what they are there for. It's spring break here so I imagine lots of people will be using them this week. Hard to keep the kids fed when they are home all day....I know I always had to buy extras and especially toilet paper...lol....

marthamfi I use to do demo's and I loved it....I love talking to people so it was right up my alley....you are right....sometimes you couldn't give away what you are demo'ing…..made for a long day.....I did it for a little pocket money but then I remarried and gave it up 20 years ago.

Grammarbug hope you are feeling better.....

Tine sounds like you had a great birthday....

dlrcpa the veggie soup sounds delicious....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg, I'm so sorry about your friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never really liked dump cake, but used to make them for our RV rallies sometimes. I think they just had too much liquid in them. I know they're not suppoed to be like a regular cake. 🙂

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make dump cakes for meeting and church dinners too....people seem to like them....and they are quick and easy to make...which the older I get the more I like those two words......
    Thanks SD....she's been gone (mentally) for a long time so it's a blessing to her family.
    Friend called from out of town and wanted to drive in and go thrift storing....so I took her and the two kids to three thrift stores....she ended up buying books for her little boy and I got a huge bag of blocks for $1 and some books to read.....I remember the good old days when paperback books were .50 cents....now they are at least a dollar and some even $2...….wasn't how I planned the day but that was okay....she needed a friend to talk to...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg, I wished you lived near me, I would take you to the free book shed in the next town - about 8' x 10', floor to ceiling book shelves, all free.

I made some soup today, with chicken bouillon, cabbage, onion, garlic, carrot, and noodles. Very good and enough for 3 meals. Also made some iced tea, and suet cakes for the woodpeckers. Not too much time left before I will have to stop feeding the birds for fear of bears coming out of hibernation.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow...a book shed....what a great idea.....
    Soup sounds delicious....I love soup....we had wild rice soup for dinner along with chicken salad sandwiches....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had a lot of rain and storms last night. Going to sew and do laundry today. Just found out that I got the job to direct Steel Magnolias in September. It’s a big deal because it’s the theatre’s 50th season and it is the opening show.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jo- A book shed sounds great. Wish we had one here.
    Grammar- Congratulations on the opening show!

The weather was blizzard conditions and I drove to work anyways. I got there and was told I could go home but no way...I was gonna finish it out as a part timer was coming in that night! I couldn't leave him alone! So, the manager handed me $5 in gift cards and I got lunch- a cilantro burrito and cake. Woohoo!

I stopped eating jalapeno cheese bagels and red meat and did bloodwork to see if my cholesterol was better- Sure was! Woohoo!

DH is still renting a car as the guy who told us to buy fluid for it seems forgetful and non committal to come out and put the fluid in....I have to keep bugging him as we need to know if this will work. If not, we'll junk the car and figure out how to replace it....

I'll be taking DS2 to the bus stop. Public schools are closed again so there won't be any traffic to worry about.....The ice is so thick on the roads and parking lots that it reminds me of ice fishing....Slippery but thick ice, ya know?

I'm making beef enchiladas and a pumpkin pie. DS2 wanted beef ones last week but I already had chicken that was ready to cook, so I made chicken enchiladas instead. This time, tho, he'll get beef ..With taco seasoning thrown in for extra kick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro, I am also changing my diet for cholesterol reasons. I didn't eat a lot of meat to begin with, but I have cut out more of that, less butter, milk instead of 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee. Trying to eat more fruits and vegs.
    Make America Kind Again.