2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 22
Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH is off the next two days. Nothing will get done here. It was four years ago today that I had a stroke. Cholesterol is something you don’t mess with. Also drink tons of water and some form of exercise. I walk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bookwormpeg, I have been doing it for 8 years come april 1st. I do like the people and the general job but not the company that is taking over. I was suppose to watch a video and do a quiz on the orange juice on my time...like if I can't do orange juice why am I working. and like customers said it is just orange juice. the orange juice co. is just arrogant, came out years ago but has the littlest shelf space and sales because they thought they were all that and didn't have to do samples. you should be grateful for a coupon (only on one size of course and pay more) this is the first time they did actual samples after a couple of years. so many products come and go lol. did have nice chats with people I know since I told them I wouldn't be doing that job.

technically the other company is closing end of april but I signed up dh and I yoga on saturdays starting in april. they phd for another demo at the end of the month so I emailed them last night saying that would be my last demo. so will see. they will be pissed. but hey not like they would ever give me a reference because they don't like me working for others though I can. even things like census. but I am so done. and my back is done.

ended up telling district leader last night I wasn't continuing after she told me my co leader wasn't coming back next year which I didn't know going to diff group. don't think co leader believed me when I had said they were like that but guess she knows now. that leader thrives on gossip esp if it is about people misfortunes. a certain neighbourhood in town. have been accused of stealing cookie money because the person doing banking didn't put in my deposits right the list goes on.

so cut all ties so will see what the email fall out is today. but it is a year of change. my friend and I signed up at senior centre (as long as you are 50 you can go) for the drop in exercise. felt that exercise so need it ! strength and stretch. oldest person is 98 so can't complain lol did my errands , got the guide cookies so people are picking them up tonight. the dist leaders were we got them earlier so some groups can get them to their groups before spring break. the fact they are at a place over a bridge in rush hour that thankfully wasn't busy for a change and most groups like mine already met for the week so really more of a headache then getting them on the weekend. got dh to come home a bit early to help. and some parents coming tonight

lol you can tell I am so done with any negative stuff in my life. and that time of the month hit.

allergies hitting here too again. pasta for dinner. no big plans today just more laundry and run the dishwasher. add to the spring break list for the family of things to do. dh is off next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my Target grocery order today. Going to try their protein bars. Instructions say to drink a glass of water with the bar...or what happens? An explosion? They used to provide snacks like this at work when we were really busy. New owners - so apparently not any more. Bought my own microwave popcorn, soups, etc. I guess that is small potatoes in the scheme of things.

Planning corned beef in the crock pot for Sunday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shadow chewed up one of Husby's winter boots a while back. He's been wearing them so I didn't realize how bad it was. But today I did some creative stitching and patching and repaired it. The repair looks a lot better than I thought it would and actually is barely noticeable. I think a new pair would be at least $40, so I feel well paid for the hour or so it took to fix it.

I made a table skirt out of a shower curtain I think I paid $1 for. I was hoping it would keep the dogs from going underneath the roll u2019 Frugal Challenge-20190314_113630_1552609586087.jpgp table we use for camping so they wouldn't wrap their leashes around the table and create havoc, but as soon as I put the skirt on the table, Storm stuck his head under it. Not sure if it will work or not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190314_113630_1552609586087.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	48473

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't know why that pic posted twice but I can't fix it from my phone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cold again here. Nothing going on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cold, rainy and damp here. My mood fits the weather, I just want to pull the covers over my head and sleep. Reality is starting to creep in, DH is having shoulder surgery next week and the hospital already called telling me how much $$$$ we will owe. This is just the hospital, we will also owe the surgeon, past PT, prior dr. visits (HMO) and PT after surgery. Just 4 months ago we got hit with DH's gum surgery bill so we haven't even had time to recover from that. Trying to look at this as God's way of strengthening my faith.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry, Rabbit. At least, I hope he has a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there Rabbit....things will work out.

Nice today but windy. We ran to Walgreens so husband could get his vitamins and I picked up two bags of M&M's for my Trail Bar on Tuesday...I didn't realize just how expensive it was going to be when I said I would do it....also found a bottle of lime juice for .69 cents so I picked that up. Threw away the old one I had in refrig which said it expired in 2017....I don't use it very often....
    Going out for dinner but don't know where....might try a new Italian restaurant that someone said was good.....
    I'm feeling better....I think the coffee drink I drank upset my stomach something fierce....won't be drinking that again....I don't even like coffee so it's not worth it....been eating yogurt everyday and it seems to be helping....I have horrible acid reflux so that doesn't help either....always something....
    Got reading glasses until I can get my new glasses and I paid $10 for one of those chains to hang around your neck and it broke today. I am taking it back...even tho I get new glasses next week, it's too much money to just let it go...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit- Sorry to hear about the medical bills. They shock me, too. Heck, even dental is outrageous. I had a filling fall out and the cost to replace it was $350 ! I purchased a dental plan online and the discount was worth the cost of the plan.

DH has corned beef in the crock pot too.

We went to Olive Garden for dinner. We had gift cards to use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got groceries. Corned beef in crock pot (better late than never). I hope I have energy to bake later - bread & muffins, cake? Used $5 Kohl's cash to get a straw brimmed hat for $8. Needed for walking the dog. Sunglasses help but a hat is better. I pushed to work a lot of hours last week to get 1.5X overtime pay. Going to rest Sunday & Monday. Dog club on Monday night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Aldi’s has 5lb. Flour for 68 cents. Bought a couple of bags. Made an egg custard pie this morning since my chickens are so productive. The weather is warming up, but my allergies are killing me. Going to try and clean out a few flower beds today. My goal is to do a little each afternoon and hopefully have them done by Friday when the rain comes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy St Patricks Day everyone! we are invited to my moms for dinner since there is long ago irish in his blood w mil. more his name since it is over 100yrs ago family came over. hopefully the bills aren't too bad rabbit.

was up and down all night .damn period. tried the pills that are suppose to make things easier but they don't work on clots. then hungry at 4am so now system upset so skipping work today and go in tomorrow. not like it is busy spring break and sunny people are gone. or it is anything interesting or special event. at least the store for once didn't get stuck with a lot of product. dh is down in that area meeting a friend so he will tell them for me plus need creamo. won't tell work because if you get owner she doesn't really care if there is a hurricane or you are having a heart attack. all about money so as long as I work tomorrow fine. skip the bs in the middle. 2nd to last one.

dh ran around yesterday last min memorial for friends mom (went for friend didn't know anyone else) it had been rearranged a few times and the sister told people 2 diff start times so ran later then expected. kids activities, took his mom to celtic fest and all went for wendys for dinner.

laundry and dishes the basics today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After church today me and dd put 11 seasoned hamburgers in freezer and cook some on grill she made the patties out and i wrapped them induvital so if i want just one be easy to take out.Today is my youngest ds birthday he turned 57 today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought Colgate toothpaste regularly $4.19 for 99 cents and got a $5 reward to use later. Also bought Townhouse rockers for 99 cents. I love cheap.