2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 24
Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, hope everything goes well for you and your hubby.
    Hang in there, Marthamfi, kids can be trying.

The weather today is suppose to be in the 70s. Going to wash off my porch and patio. DH had to go into work early, so he will be home early. Got to plan dinner since I didn’t cook at all yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    RABBIT, hope everything goes well for you and your hubby.
    Hang in there, Marthamfi, kids can be trying.

The weather today is suppose to be in the 70s. Going to wash off my porch and patio. DH had to go into work early, so he will be home early. Got to plan dinner since I didn’t cook at all yesterday.
    haha thanks grammer. yes they are being normal. hubby got in trouble for not shutting that notion down and putting a stop to it. told him I am not considered weird for wanting a laundry sink. more the other way around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love that kind of sink. I think we call them garden sinks in my neck of the woods.

Just have to weed my herbs and wash off the patio and I’m finished with the cleaning. Going to the cheap movie and lunch with a friend this afternoon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the tip, Martha. That's a great idea. Our front window overlooks the lake though, so we want to be able to see through the shade at least a little. The projector screen idea would be good for other windows though.

I'm not following the drama about the laundry sink. But I agree with the drama from teenagers and that they can do what they want in THEIR house!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

marthamfi, I wish I had a laundry sink! I think it's weird that they built this house without room for a laundry sink in the laundry room!

DH had his surgery and all went well. The kept him overnight to monitor his pain and sent him home today. I was so tired yesterday. We had to get to the hospital by 6:30 am and then they didn't even take him into surgery until 9:00. When he finally got to recovery (where I wouldn't be able to see him) I left and drove 45 minutes home to let the dogs out and then 45 minutes back to the hospital. I used up a lot of gas yesterday driving around, not frugal but necessary. Picked up some movies on the way home from the hospital so we plan on having a nice, quiet night.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great news, Rabbit. I hope recovery is fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I had a laundry tub here, too. Our laundry room is basically a wide hallway, so no space. I wash big stuff in the shower, like the totes I bought Tuesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Rabbit, I hope the recovery goes well.
    We had a thunderstorm and hail today. Crazy weather and I sure hope this does not go on all year. It will probably be freezing overnight.
    Still racking up lots of overtime pay. Need to go check my bank statement and pay stub. They don't give us printed ones, I have to log into some system and print it myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great news Rabbit.....
    My laundry "room" is behind two folding doors in the dining area of my kitchen....I hate it....I really want to put them in the garage and use that space for a pantry....not going happen....Husband would not agree....since he does the laundry I try to keep my mouth shut.
    Weather here is beautiful...sunny and warm....the chemical fires has erupted again....it's across the city from us but I'm staying in as much as possible.
    One of the groups I am in is planning an easter egg hunt so tomorrow the admins of the group are having a garage sale....I'm not sure about this as I have heard nothing about it other then I have to be there at 7 in the morning....I think everything we are selling came from my garage. which makes my husband happy.
    My trail mix bar went over well. The moms loved it. She asked me to come back to decorate one of the centers once a month but not sure I want to commit to that. Will think about it....Having keys to a place brings responsibility.....
    Put together a "Pasta" basket for the silent auction in two weeks....it's just two fancy pasta, sauce, olive oil, a bottle of wine, red colander and a red tea towel. If we get $10 I'll be happy. Some of the "baskets" they received are valued at $400 to $500....way out of my price range.....and I'm sure their will be people there (I'm not going) who can't afford that kind of money so hopefully they will bid on my small baskets...
    I have another one I need to tweak...."Cookies and Milk" basket...got a cookie jar, four boxes GS cookies, Oreo's, nice basket and a $15 gc to purchase milk.....
    No cooking tonite...pizza nite….here comes the four pounds I lost.....
    Have a great weekend.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Our deductible is $1000. I have no idea how much the premium will go up after this claim, however....

Poor MIL was having a visiting nurse come in to put her on the toilet since FIL hurt himself trying to lift her. Well, the nurse lost her balance and fell on top of MIL, breaking MIL's arm and hip! MIL had surgery ( a metal plate in the arm and a hip replacement!) and is still in the hospital. My in-laws are now selling their home and moving. They think that assisted living is an option but I'm thinking it's a skilled nursing home. MIL is totally incapacitated and can only bring a spoon to her mouth at this point. No walking or bathing or getting dressed is possible for her. DH may fly out to help them put stuff in storage.

I gave my best shot at shrimp fajitas tonight. I cooked out shrimp and onions and chopped tomatoes. I added cheese. DS2 wanted something else to put in it and I said maybe jalapenos or something and he agreed. DH is allergic to peppers, which is why I didn't add them tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll try a chicken Szechuan with spicy rice. Chicken is thawed so let's use it.

Tomorrow, we'll also look at carpeting for the rental. The tenants poured cans of beans, cheese and broken eggs into it. There's a sale for 40% off and I'm thinking a nylon carpet should hold up well. It won't be soft, but we'll see what they have. We also need to get to Costco but I have to get to work, so we may not make it there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rabbit , glad to hear that your dh surgery went well! yikes rujerro your poor mil sounds like she needs to be in a care home until she recovers or permanently but then can your fil live there? or do you have the ones that have both in them.

bookwormpeg, I think the baskets sound lovely something more that I would bid on.

spirit deer, dh and ds were putting in new flooring in the basement, vinyl planks over the concrete (we had ripped up the carpet) it is all part of one room with the washer dryer etc by the basement door. so of course all the stuff had to be moved downstairs like cabinets , bookcase, etc. it is a plastic laundry sink (my concrete one broke miss it) so dh put it outside. so ds was we shouldn't put it back in the house..like no and dh didn't shut that down. so dh sent him up to talk to me which rational dicussion like where do you wash things like paint brushes didn't work and ended up with me saying when you live on your own you can do what you want. the ds broke my gazing ball in the garden the next day. sigh.

today my friend and I did fitness class and then later dropped our kids off to a movie while we got spring pedicures. then some grocery shopping and liquor store for some wine for me. not frugal at all. we met friends last night for dinner and kids got to visit their new horse.

I had posted in a fb group about not happy with guides (had already told higherups I was leaving a week ago, no reply to email) well I guess I am not allowed to do that though it is my experiences no names etc so even stuff from years ago that may have not anything to do with them. told them I wasn't going to discuss anything with them because I was done. really I emailed a week ago about quitting and not until I said something on fb you want to reach out to me to basically tell me I am wrong for my experiences. though no names dates etc. all vague. just confirms I am right to leave. definitely a year of change.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a cheap date with my neighbor lady. We go at least once a month to a cheap lunch and movie and then get our freebie from B&BW. We saw Green Book. I got sleep lotion free. Our outing cost $8. DH started mowing at 6:30 am since storms are on the way. I’m sure our neighbors love us. Going to clean house and do laundry and hopefully convince DH to take me to a play tonight at a nearby high school.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, did you like Green Book?

rujerro, that is awful about your poor MIL! Good grief, it makes me scared for my future. Sorry to hear about your disgusting tenants too, seriously, what is wrong with people?

DH and I went to pick up our taxes today.

That's about all I did today!!!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I gave niece's Bichon Frise a home haircut. Tried to schedule a mobile groomer but she never contacted me. Today I took some scissors and went at it. At least all the mats are out and I can get a brush through her. Also cut her nails. She really needs a bath, maybe next Saturday. I'll apply her flea treatment today before I leave.
    Name:  Angel haircut.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  26.8 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit- Glad to hear that DH's recovery is going well and a movie night sounded wonderful too.
    DLR- What a cute pup!
    Martha- My in-laws live 1500 miles away but I'm sure I'll hear the type of place they are moving to. I'm going to assume it is half nursing home, half assisted living. My guess is that they will be on opposite sides of the building...Will see as it progresses. Both are living in the building,so that's my best guess.
    Peg- The baskets sound nice. The more expensive ones sound like they may be from classrooms that put one together, which could explain the high dollar amount. I would attend the auction if I was there!

We picked out carpet today for the rental. A nylon with stainmaster. It will get installed next week.