2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 25
Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627283575 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that dog's expression is me after a new haircut!! Takes some getting used to. You did a good job though, she's a cutie.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cute dog! that saves money doing it yourself. rujerro that is good if they can get into a home like that. not all places are like that. my friend had a stressful week because her mil who lives with them had a huge fit for hours.. crying wailing her son was so bad etc just because she didn't want to put in her own new hearing aids and put them on the charger at night. saying she should go back into the home so they would do everything for her. so was told she didn't qualify for carehome just assisted living so she would have to do it anyways. so she started putting them in. act like a child treat like a child. my friend just has a hard time with that. don't have to be disrespectful but you do what you have to do.

not frugal week but going for high tea with a friend today. dh is out with friends. stopping by his moms because she knows he is off so of course has to have more reasons to come over. though we have taken out etc a lot this week. but then found out her friend neighbour is avoiding people and told dh she doesn't want to be accused of stealing like other dementia patients did when she was a nurse. now mil has never done that and is quite sharp so mil is not seeing her much. but she just can't face having a friend who will get worse. she told me that. that it is different caring for dementia patients then having one for a friend. that person is not the most sociable person with others. so means sil doesn't have someone to suck up to so no more card games together etc and spending less time with mil. dh doesn't think so but I know and I am rarely wrong. sil has to have applause. so another thing to keep an eye on.

seems like everything comes to a head at once. drama. need to run the dishwasher and dinner out of the freezer probably fries and chicken strips.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa, you did a great job on the grooming! Such a cutie. I'm sure your niece was thrilled that you saved her some $.

martha, sorry to hear about all the drama.

Went grocery shopping today and then to church. I got Beastie out to the park today for a long walk in the woods, it was a little muddy but not bad. I should clean the kitchen later, have LO pizza for dinner so don't have to cook.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Green book was very good. I didn’t go in thinking I would like it that much. It’s a true story.

Working at the soup kitchen today. Have to get chicken feed and drop glass off at recycling bin. Then a friend is giving me all her chicken decor that she is getting rid of before her move. Can’t wait to see what goodies I bring home today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks rabbit. I just feel sorry for mil. I won't tell mil what bad things sil has done behind her back. seriously mil would be dead if it wasn't for us. had to shame her to help because she has poa and pays all the bills for mil. this is the year of cutting all drama out of my life as much as possible though things all coming to a head. toxic people really don't like people who stand up to them. everyone likes status quo as long as it is not happening to them.

overcast and going to rain which is fine by me. get the pollen out of the air. dh back at work so quieter around the house. organizing for the week. cheaper fun for the kids to organize and chores to be done. spring cleaning ..sun brought out the smell of teenage boy feet on my couch. so pillows need a wash . have to figure out how to clean upholstery very tight weave so harder to clean. have an upright carpet cleaner but the little green machine doesn't work well so dh has to look at it.

put frozen tomatoes, basil from last year .and added onions and garlic to the slow cooker. pulled sausages and bacon bbq meatloaf from the freezer for dinner. taking advantage of cooler weather. have little mixed colour potatoes to use up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made another haul. Free scraps for chickens and apples, bananas,avocados, bread and lots of lettuce for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not very frugal today. Instead of backing out of the parking area onto the street, like I normally do, I thought I would back up in the parking area as I was the only car there, and pull out into the street. Wound up hitting what used to be a bush but was pruned so that a 2" stump of a branch hit the tail light, breaking it. $92 is the cheapest I could get away with (on Ebay) and my mechanic assures me I can put it in myself. I hate doing stupid things.

Oh well, one minor accident in 4 years, not too bad I guess.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ended up getting the kids to do garden work like cleaning up the yard, putting things in the trailer in the dump like the old toilet, picking up all the random garbage bits. taking bottles back to refund place. moving bricks etc. now ds friend came over and instead of going swimming tomorrow they want to tonight so dh is doing that $5 for that. dh got me gas yesterday using a 5 cents off a litre coupon that was expiring that day. gas has gone up again here. 1.53 a litre. ..so times 4 for a gallon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing on the agenda today. Started walking again last night with my neighbor. Felt good to be out and about. I guess this will be a frugal day since I’m not spending any money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting used to my new schedule. I usually run all my errands on the way home from work so once I get home...........I'm home for the night. Now I work, errands, then go home for a couple of hours and then take DH to physical therapy, 20 miles round trip. I hope in a couple of weeks he can drive himself. Frugal day other than all the gas $ I used, no other shopping or money spent. I prepped dinner so we could just get home and eat.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I picked up 3 more gowns yesterday, a very outdated wedding gown SA felt would never sell, which they happily let me have for $10.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190325_192215_1553641298823.jpg

At another thrift, they were closing out their formal gowns and said to make an offer. I talked to the owner about my plans for the 2 gowns I had selected. She would not accept payment for either one, or the $3 in other merchandise I was getting. Once again, I've been reminded of the goodness and kindness of people when our social fabric in this country seems so broken and fragile right now. I needed that reminder badly ATM.

We got some bargains at the grocery stores, too, nothing earth shaking.

It was a nice day for a road trip yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD- What a lovely gown. You'll give it more opportunities to make others happy.

Well, went to the condo and the drywall people were there to patch the walls. The carpet man came to measure for carpet. Then we see that the furnace isn't working. At All. DH said it's easy to break a furnace.....I'll get a HVAC person out there and if the ex-tenants broke it, that's another $2000 fix. And it had to have been working while they were there as we had snow and a blizzard. So, not frugal.

I got 2 dvd's from Netflix. Maybe DS2 will watch one with me. I believe one is called "Dodgeball" and funny. I need some humor today.

We were out all day and I had a MD appt. So, I didn't make dinner. Family had baked chicken bites and fries while I had cinnamon cereal. I plan on sloppy joes tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really focusing on my health. Besides walking every afternoon, I’m starting my Zumba again and checking into a local gym where I can use my Silver sneakers card and go free. Laundry happening here and nothing else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good for you grammarbug! I am doing the same thing going to drop in fitness. giving it up this week because kids and spring break. was up half the night because system not happy w me. and then ds friend was here just after 9am. so he got to wake up ds. will be a new rule no one here until 10. if you get me in my nightgown well..this house is not up that early. they are out bike riding but if he is here all day he will put to work. ds needs to scrub the tub because it needs doing.

kids activities, need to go to library to drop off dvds. car going to shop tonight so carless tomorrow. spent almost hundred at grocery store again. at least deals and got $10 gift card again and used more free points coupon.

not sure what is for dinner wraps maybe. sunny here. should work on dd blanket since ds game group is not coming over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week has been a mix of frugal and unfrugal.

-$660 brake job, unfrugal. OTOH, cheaper than an accident or new truck payment.

-seeking out seed packets for .50 or .25 per packet, 34 packets, $10. Dollar Tree, WM, and Ace Hardware.

-shopping thrifts.

- using coupon for .05/gallon for gas.

-using $1 off instant coupons attached to 4 frozen pizzas that were already on sale.

-avoiding buying a ton of snacks at Aldi and SuperOne and WM.

-$18 for lunch at Arby's! Shoulda packed a lunch.