2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 27
Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

josantoro, yep I would toss it. I have done things like that to but it's never worth the cost of getting sick.

rujerro, gosh it never ends, the damage your tenants did. Sorry to hear about having to replace the furnace too.

peg, yesterday was definitely not a good day for you................but it did make for one of those unbelievable stories that you can tell over and over! Hopefully you were able to salvage some cupcakes.

It's supposed to rain here all day so my plans are to stay home and putter around. After dinner last night when I went out with the dogs, I cleaned up the flowerbeds around the back porch. I never remember weeding in March before! Even though I was still in my winter jacket it felt good to get out there and do something productive. You can tell spring is in the air. Although here it means a month of rain and muddy dog paws.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tossed it. The coyotes can eat it off the compost heap tonight, lol.

I had a genius moment - the CFL bulb at the top of the stairs burnt out. It was one of those double spirals. I did not want to stand on anything since it was at the top of the stairs with nothing to hold on to. I got a long bread knife and stuck it in between the spirals and twisted it out (fixture was open at the bottom). Then I re-installed a new one, had to put a paper towel around the knife so the bulb would stay straight, made it long enough so I could pull the paper towel out after.

Also fixed my broken tail light with a replacement that I got on Ebay.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow rujerro can the tenants be charged by police? I agreed would chuck the chicken too if the house was warm enough. has been times that it would be ok but has to be on cold side and got it hot.

worked today. last weekend of spring break and warm and sunny so quiet. plus all the sports games and free wrestling show in the mall. called dh to come get some discounted bacon bbq meatloaf they have. last of the season 2 bucks off each so 4 buck each he got 5. plus janes popcorn/chicken fingers combo on clearance too. we had a & w for lunch. cousin is over so we watched bohemian rhapsody. they had fries and chicken fingers.

dh and ds went on long bike ride and took the vintage lino out of his room 50% he had wrecked it but then it hadn't been taken care of. found out that you are suppose to put linseed oil on it. they rearranged his room too. at least the wood firs look good under it.

got some clearance yarn at walmart and some stuff at dollarama. stayed to watch the wrestling for a bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Busy weekend. Yesterday I went to Kroger,CVS, and the feed store. Took DH out to lunch. Did laundry and then went to see one of my theatre kids in Annie. Not much going on today. It has turned cold and I’m moving slowly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rainy day here. Went for a walk early before the rain, now cleaning the house (it really needs it). Almost through with the upstairs.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We rented Bohemain Rhapsody today so will be watching it too. We used linseed oil once when we were first married and started our garage on fire! Never will use it again. We didn't dispose of the rag we used properly. Snowed last night and it's only supposed to get up to 35 today and not until 5:00. Another day of staying inside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

went through my cassette tapes and got rid of about 1/3 of them. Down to two cases.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Managed to work 12 hours OT last week so I will be paid like it was 18 hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Yes, the ex-tenants are now felons and the cops are trying to find them for a bit of jail time before the court hearing.

Jo- Good thinking! What's that saying- necessity is the mother of invention?

Well, looks like my MIL and FIL had a interview at the assisted living center. Due to MIL's inability to function, they refused her. She is in a rehab facility and is bored and wants to go home. FIL has told her that she can't be put into the vehicle anymore and won't even push her outside for a walk or ask an aide to push her so they can be together. Once she is discharged, I'm not sure of the plan as FIL seems to not want to deal with any of this. I spoke to my SIL and told her to speak to the social worker to see if there are places with assisted living on one side and nursing home on the other. She also needs to be the power of medical attorney to start making decisions. Her brother (my husband) says he knows nothing about any of this. Despite the fact that I have worked in assisted living centers and nursing homes and have a therapy background...So, I'll stay out of it, unless SIL asks for help.

Making sloppy joes for dinner. I got sale items today and hope to make pumpkin pie too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro, my mom is in a facility in Oklahoma and they have two sides to it. I know that there is a couple that live there in the same situation,so they do exist. Good luck. It can be stressful.

Today I’m at the soup kitchen and tonight I’m attending a play with a friend at a nearby high school. The weather was cold over the weekend, but it’s suppose to be in the 80 s by the end of the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh had his follow up visit at the dr. yesterday and he gave him the ok to drive. Yippee, no more Ubering for me! I did go with him yesterday since I had the day off work but told him the days I work he's on his own. Stopped after work for gas and picked up a few things at Meijer. Started taking the driveway markers down but got distracted and didn't realize I didn't finish until I was back in the house. Tomorrow is another day. Did a much needed de-hair (vacuum) of the house and threw a load of laundry in. Time to start prepping for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing laundry and getting a much needed haircut. Tonight’s dinner will be BBQ ribs, fried cabbage, cornbread, and not sure what else. The temps are in the 70s and 80 s. Spring has sprung.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of our cats peed on a grooming toy a few years ago. I stuck the toy out on a deck outside with the idea of dealing with it, but then forgot all about it. A few weeks ago I noticed it sitting around and trashed it. A couple days ago I thought better of it, and luckily it was still sitting there by the trash can. After a closer look i realized it wasn't in bad shape, more dirty than damaged, and of course the old cardboard on the base was destroyed. I cleaned it all up and replaced the cardboard, sprinkled it with catnip, and our cats have been loving it ever since. It's in great shape once again, which cost nothing and didn't even take very long. Glad I changed my mind. The cat who peed on it died shortly after, so I hope the others don't get any ideas. Replacing the toy would have cost about $20, which is now going to stay in our pockets. Maybe the toy, an archway scratcher, will even help corral some of the pet hair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is good they are getting charged. here don't think that would happen at all. Hopefully they can get them into a combo home so when he declines he can just move over too. sad though he doesn't want to even take her out for a walk or get an aide too. but then in a home at least she will have care.

well apparently march was one of our driest but now making up for it this week. last sunny day yesterday. kids activities, housework. did the grocery shopping got the deals I wanted. forgot to use up my gift cards but another time. got my free laundry soap. main library is open after renos. back to regular lending periods too so will have to adjust back to one week for dvds not 3. ds acting better after dh talked to him monday night. 14yr olds...think they are all that ..spring break..managed to break my gazing ball, bent my bike (wiped out freaked his friends out who aren't used to him) and the ceiling fan light in his room. he takes after his nana lol accident prone. that is my story haha. my mom had asked about hiring someone to mow her lawn and I said grandson. she said well he can mow my lawn but can he? but I don't want to send him home with missing toes or fingers. she knows her grandson lol. said dh has been teaching him but we keep an eye on him.

last work paperwork to do and ship back the blender. though they didn't want anything back like work aprons etc I will put it back in there plus any other supplies I have to get rid of them. like sample cups. really was time to stop besides hard on my back and legs. companies do not really put together demos well and it is not our co. they just do what they are hired to do. maybe one out of ten demos have what we call the holy trinity product, sale and coupon. this one danone didn't ship the product (not unusual for them) not on sale, not the size anyone buys really. larger one was on sale. smoothie recipe too many allergens. used raw oats, almond milk, cinnamon, avocado, blueberries, yogurt. ..fixed the recipe..you could really taste the oats. they could have used milk and skip the oats. was about the yogurt and avocado. the usual we don't make up the demo to customers.

did get a small bookkeeping job! so that is great. will have to brush up on that program.

have been on a freezer cleanout. made pulled pork in the slow cooker w a seasoning pack never used before. did not know it was spicy and hot!! never knew pulled pork was like that. added more ketchup and bbq sauce but will freeze most of it to see what to do with it later. it is dinner tonight.

second week of crochet project,working on that plus dvds to watch and moms group.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Adding a bland food like rice or small pasta to the spicy meat can help cut the heat. Adding sour cream as a condiment to the individual sandwiches helps, too.

I found NY strip steaks for $4/lb today! Normally $13. We don't eat much beef anymore but I grabbed 8 of them. They're small, but we will split one per meal since we need to limit fatty meats. They're so good on the grill. We got some other cloe ous cheap, too.

We also picked up some fertilizer 40% off at a store going out of business, so that saved some money.