2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 28
Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted a 4 inch paint brush to dust with, DH had a smaller one that worked alright but it wasn't big enough. Found a 4 inch very thick brush at Meijer today, clearance for $2.50. It was the only one left so I was very happy to find it.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Headed to the neurologist today for a checkup. DH is off so hopefully work in the garden before the storms hit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your appointment goes well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    One of our cats peed on a grooming toy a few years ago. I stuck the toy out on a deck outside with the idea of dealing with it, but then forgot all about it. A few weeks ago I noticed it sitting around and trashed it. A couple days ago I thought better of it, and luckily it was still sitting there by the trash can. After a closer look i realized it wasn't in bad shape, more dirty than damaged, and of course the old cardboard on the base was destroyed. I cleaned it all up and replaced the cardboard, sprinkled it with catnip, and our cats have been loving it ever since. It's in great shape once again, which cost nothing and didn't even take very long. Glad I changed my mind. The cat who peed on it died shortly after, so I hope the others don't get any ideas. Replacing the toy would have cost about $20, which is now going to stay in our pockets. Maybe the toy, an archway scratcher, will even help corral some of the pet hair.
    That is good! she pees on anything left on the floor waterproof or not...thankfully not rugs. sometimes I trash it and sometimes no.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Headed to the neurologist today for a checkup. DH is off so hopefully work in the garden before the storms hit.
    best wishes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Adding a bland food like rice or small pasta to the spicy meat can help cut the heat. Adding sour cream as a condiment to the individual sandwiches helps, too.

I found NY strip steaks for $4/lb today! Normally $13. We don't eat much beef anymore but I grabbed 8 of them. They're small, but we will split one per meal since we need to limit fatty meats. They're so good on the grill. We got some other cloe ous cheap, too.

We also picked up some fertilizer 40% off at a store going out of business, so that saved some money.
    score! the extra bbq sauce and ketchup helped a lot. froze 3 containers and had it for dinner one night. added a can of baked beans and served it chili style w corn chips cheese etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rain off and on here. usual housework and laundry. kids activities.. pets and kids grumpy at least one set is in school. finally watching overdue dvd so can get it back to library. the last movie in hallmark all my heart series. the wedding..good series. but of course you guys know no peace. don't watch something important no one wants you. going to library later to drop everything off and get holds.

been slowing decluttering.. today cutlery drawer got rid of a bunch of extra knives and spoons. since ds decided to learn to ride a bike , dh and him go bike riding. so he got a new to him bike last night to replace of the racing bike he has been using. got if free years ago. he got a more reg one mountain bike style more comfortable.

have been trying to use up stuff in the pantry and slowing spring clean around allergy attacks. planning to go across the border to do some shopping so checking out fred meyer specials.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since it's suppose to rain tomorrow the admins decided we would have our garage sale today. We are using the money for the kids Easter egg hunt. Had one at the admin house two weeks ago and we didn't do well....today we were at her mothers and it was non stop....I believe we made $250 which will go a long way in making this Easter hunt a big success....Husband loaded up my car and I got there at 9:30 and stayed till 2. Husband came about 11 with a truck load that wouldn't fit in my car. He is one happy camper....the garage is getting cleared.....
    Picked up 40 pounds of chicken breasts tonite...they were huge.....I was so tired, I just put one in each baggie and then put them in big huge bags....probably 75 packages. Also picked up 10 pounds of strawberries....just put those in the refrig...I'll deal with them tomorrow. I'm exhausted....got sunburned and not use to being outside for six hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Congrats on the new job!

SD- good deal on the strip steaks!

DS2 has a competition today and is nervous. He wants to arrive early to get free door prizes. He was moved up into a higher level and not sure why. He is a newbie.

DH wants to go to the movies but I do not. Maybe him and DS2 can go. I am going to do some purging as it's making me nutty. I have to call for a pick-up. I've been selling items on ebay. Cool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks rujerro! it is small job but flexible. well not a frugal day but going across the border to shop. but there are deals at fred meyers. even with the exchange rate. people posting new mandala yarn at walmart so have to look now lol wasn't planning to stop there. just to look at hobby lobby.

fred meyer is doing their 10 for 10 bucks sale. but you don't have to get 10 items or all the same. lots of kroger brands are so cheap even with exchange. frozen veggies a buck, taco seasoning .47 reg. taco shells a buck. here shells are $2 on sale so even with exchange cheaper. dh will get his frozen philly cheesesteaks from costco and gas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This morning before the rain started, I went to Kroger and got frozen turkey breast for 97 cents a lb., then went to CVS for prescription. Laundry going, ironed, put plants on porch and then had to clean up the mess, made DH blueberry pancakes. He managed to get the yard mowed and put new screens on the window in my laundry room before it rained. Going to a memorial service this afternoon for a mom of one of my former students. Got to get everything done so I can cheer on the Texas Tech Red Raiders in the final four tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS2 went to the tourney today and came back with freebies. He had a good time but wants to try local tourneys a while before going to a regional (like this one). Wants more competition and local challenges first.

I didn't spend money today as I was home. Just went to the gym and didn't even cook. I did that yesterday and we ate that. I hope to get to church before work.

I spoke to my SIL about my in-laws and they have a interview at another facility that caters to their situation. The pricing for a nursing home for MIL is $90-110,000/yr and they wanted no part of that pricing. The cost for FIL is half of that and I'm not sure what they're thinking, but I doubt prices will be less at this next interview. I suggested 2 live-ins but they don't want that either. MIL will be discharged from the rehab facility and when she is, the social worker told FIL that she needs suitable care. She keeps asking FIL where she will go and she is very much on top of this.

DH got me a tea and got himself a coffee at dunkin' donuts today with a gift card. Yum

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, I've made my own taco seasoning for about 40 years. The stuff from the store is mostly salt.

Heading out of town again. We need to make the 50 mile trip to buy paint since we started scraping the popcorn off the bathroom ceiling yesterday. I also need a darker wall color since the yellow I wanted just will not cover the old pattern on the Sheetrock, even with multiple coats. I really want that bathroom done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We hit the mother lode at the big grocery store in their discount section today. Seven boxes of Healthy Pop micro popcorn for .25 each, 35 cans of tomatoes for .30 to use for dog food each, and 17 packages totalling 5.5 pounds of Beggin' dog treats, .25 each. We picked up some other odds and ends cheap, too.

Spent a bunch at the home improvement place, but that's why we went. I just hope we got everything we need. Everything was 11% off, including a few items we found that were on sale besides.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great score, SD. We stopped at Meijer before church and picked up some dented cans of no salt veggies for 22 cents a piece and some yogurt 8 cents to 20 cents a piece. Another nice day here, temps in the 60's, so took the dogs for a walk at the park for the second day in a row. So nice to be out in the woods again.