2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 31
Page 31 of 108 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of housework and paperwork to catch up on. Hubby will be later for supper so leftovers. Need to inventory freezer and menu plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got to go to post office and then get some dog food and banana rum to make banana rum bread for a friend. Making chicken salad for sandwiches for dinner. Not much else today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

being lazy overcast so allergies up so weird. so tired of the drama at guides. of course I am the bad person because hey isn't that how it works. so getting looks liked everyone is scared of me. sigh. amazing never nothing to say for positive posts of what I do w the girls. the girls I love. so is on my mind. need to figure out how to deal with it. guess not the type of person to put up with bad behaviour.

dh and I went to open house about a building they want to put at end of block seems big for area 6 stories..most are 2 or 3 at most. and need to put in pilings etc. and company not known for quality. already delayed because of issues. one neighbour there is all over it so she will make sure that they are doing it right. the pounding of the pilings will shake the neighbourhood. plus they say only a year to build.. right ..not going to happen plus blocking the alley and I bet all the workers parking illegally in the alley. so will see. need a nice quiet island to move too lol

threw out the chicken I defrosted ..was making chicken soup but smelled weird so nope. have to figure out something for guides tonight. maybe about bones. dh has to drive me since carless. defrosted pulled pork so that is dinner. have to walk over to fruit/veggie market to get some veggies because only have carrots. my last 2 onions were moldy. work on my crochet along.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can see your kitty loves her new perch, Tine. Who wouldn't love a cozy place to relax? I hope your brother can find a place to live that works for him. You seem happy with your new place, so it can happen for him too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- The perch is a great idea.I love the pic of your cat. I hope your brother finds a place and is able to get past this distress.

Martha- Sorry about the bad comments towards you. Some people can never see anything positive about anyone or anything. We used to tell the kids that when they run into a person who acts like that, just think to yourself, "I'm glad I'm not them!" It must be difficult to live with oneself who has such misery.

Gotta run errands- post office, gym, make calls, visit a client, make enchiladas....

DS2 applied for a global entry pass and will be interviewed and fingerprinted this week. He's pretty excited. He will be glad not to remove his shoes and such when going through the TSA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaning house and laundry today. Suppose to have a huge storm this evening with high winds and large hail. I’m sure my neighbors will try and come here. Really don’t mind the single lady, but hope the others shelter at home. I’m terrible, but they need to find a safe place. Makes me crazy. One time they came and the neibor lady began throwing stuff out of one of my hall closets to get inside and then after it was over left and didn’t even offer to clean up. I’m blockading my door with plants. UGH!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why are your closets safer than hers?!! People can be so inconsiderate.

DH is changing my oil today, I don't think he should be doing this yet but I wasn't able to talk him out of it. I have the day off and it's sunny out today although not too warm but I want to get outside and at least pick up the gravel from the lawn on either side of the driveway. The snow blower throws it around. There are a lot of pinecones laying around too that need to be picked up. I will probably go with DH into town this afternoon for his PT.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

iGB - wow, really. I would lock and not answer the door too.
    Warm weather here. I filled a can w/ yard trash but they have not picked it up. No pickup last week either. Neighbors all up & down the street have yard waste out at the curb for a week now.
    Going to HB the eggs I have on hand for asparagus & egg salad. Need to buy more eggs after that. Might have missed the (Easter) sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Eggs were still .88 yesterday, cheap for here. You still have time.

We picked up four 24 oz pkgs of Kraft string cheese yesterday priced at $4 each. When we went to pay, the clerk pointed out a coupon for $2 off 5 Kraft items, so we grabbed 2 more. I compared 20 oz pkgs of Crystal Farms at $8.03/pkg so it was a heckuva deal. Thanks to airtight packaging, the cheese will keep in the freezer a very long time. I rarely buy string cheese anymore because it's so expensive, so it was nice to find a bargain price, right at the beginning of summer travel season when it will be the most handy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We only had wind and rain. I am baking brownies to take to a friend and have BBQ ribs in the crockpot for dinner. My BIL is coming for dinner and if the weather holds, we are going to brass concert tonight on the courthouse lawn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a new shelf for a small 3-shelf hanging knick knack shelf that was missing one. I got it cheap at a church sale and plan to use it for HM spice mixes I will store in reused jars I bought pickled peppers in. It will be in the pantry where the mismatched shelf won't matter.

I partially took apart the baby greenhouse to remove a shelf so I could add another grow light. I bought the light a long time ago for $3 and have never used it, so it's about time. It's just the right size to give full light coverage to the gh shelf. The legs of the grow light are only 1/4" wide, so I set each of them in an empty cat food can so they don't slip through the wire shelf. Free, easy, and effective.

I saved some pretty salad plates we found when we purged stuff from the garage rafters, so I brought one in to use under my plant watering pitcher to catch random drips. I saved the plates to use under planters so I don't have to buy saucers.

I salvaged a plastic fridge tray at the dump a while ago. It has ridges in the bottom and works great to hold peat pots with our seedlings in. I love free stuff. I'm using a fridge drawer to hold bigger peat pots, another salvaged freebie.

The peat pots all came from free boxes or cheap at garage sales, or came with our big greenhouse.

My seedlings seem very happy so far. I hope I can finally grow good starter plants to help us save money on our gardening. I hate it that we suck at gardening, but we're still not giving up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Tine- The perch is a great idea.I love the pic of your cat. I hope your brother finds a place and is able to get past this distress.

Martha- Sorry about the bad comments towards you. Some people can never see anything positive about anyone or anything. We used to tell the kids that when they run into a person who acts like that, just think to yourself, "I'm glad I'm not them!" It must be difficult to live with oneself who has such misery.

Gotta run errands- post office, gym, make calls, visit a client, make enchiladas....

DS2 applied for a global entry pass and will be interviewed and fingerprinted this week. He's pretty excited. He will be glad not to remove his shoes and such when going through the TSA.
    Thanks ! it is the ongoing stuff I can't deal with because it is not something that you can just yell to the world without someone bringing it up first. like sil and her bs lol . but that is why I am leaving. did say something to another leader on tuesday just to get some info out. one district leader is nice but kinda weak and gets to clean up others messes. they all live in the same neighbourhood and kids are friends so she has to deal with the cliques there. just proof that the way people are outside of guides..are the same in guides. but I can't really bring up that either. other dc is one that likes others misery to gossip about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Eggs were still .88 yesterday, cheap for here. You still have time.

We picked up four 24 oz pkgs of Kraft string cheese yesterday priced at $4 each. When we went to pay, the clerk pointed out a coupon for $2 off 5 Kraft items, so we grabbed 2 more. I compared 20 oz pkgs of Crystal Farms at $8.03/pkg so it was a heckuva deal. Thanks to airtight packaging, the cheese will keep in the freezer a very long time. I rarely buy string cheese anymore because it's so expensive, so it was nice to find a bargain price, right at the beginning of summer travel season when it will be the most handy.
    that is an awesome deal. I don't buy it often either because of cost and bottomless teens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had bottomless pits, I mean teens, ourselves so I understand. It's a lot cheaper to buy 8 oz chunk cheese and cut in 8 pieces, but for travel I like cheese individually wrapped. Still can't believe we were so lucky. This stash will probably last us a couple years at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I meant normally it's cheaper to cut our own cheese sticks. $2/lb is about as cheap as cheese gets here. String cheese is always way higher than that here.