2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 32
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334354282 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pouring rain.. massive allergies when it started yesterday. so not much done yesterday allergies are so backwards this month. worse w rain instead of better. officially carless as mine is dead. thinking of what to do. not like I need it all the time but it convenient. dh says should get one that can pull the tent trailer. he has to have a easy on gas car because he drive up to 3hrs a day to and from work. said maybe save money w insurance gone etc for a few months. that just can do errands at night, walk more etc. thinking of old volvo. also nothing grabs me. so will see. did groceries and libraries last night since 4 day weekend due to easter.

just the same old housework and kids stuff. thankful online world because with email etc can get so much done at home. dh out with friend and dd and I at art. so will bring books etc. ds had friends over for games.. wow teens can eat. will have to figure that out. will eat at the university were dd class is. almost finished my squares for joining for the crochet along

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Cleaning house and laundry today. Suppose to have a huge storm this evening with high winds and large hail. Iím sure my neighbors will try and come here. Really donít mind the single lady, but hope the others shelter at home. Iím terrible, but they need to find a safe place. Makes me crazy. One time they came and the neibor lady began throwing stuff out of one of my hall closets to get inside and then after it was over left and didnít even offer to clean up. Iím blockading my door with plants. UGH!
    wow ! she is a bit off her rocker

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    We've had bottomless pits, I mean teens, ourselves so I understand. It's a lot cheaper to buy 8 oz chunk cheese and cut in 8 pieces, but for travel I like cheese individually wrapped. Still can't believe we were so lucky. This stash will probably last us a couple years at least.
    cheese is expensive here so I buy it the big blocks and freeze it when it is down to $5 a block of about 16oz. long thin ones not much choice in size. but then dd cut one up and most of it went moldy in the bottom of the cheese bin. has happened before. teens and lack of brains. ds is not much better. opening new lunchmeat when there is 3 open packs of old from him. just lazy to look or do anything that takes work like cutting the cheese if string cheese is there. typical teens!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We recently got 1 lb chunk cheese for $1. Better believe I grabbed a lot of that! Then there's the massive supply of cottage cheese that started out at .50 a lb and then went to 4/$1. I bought a bunch, and then the store called and asked if we wanted any for free. It was outdated and they were looking at throwing it. I probably already told this story. Anyway, I ended up with about 50 lbs of that in the freezer. Most of that freezer has cheese in it in one form or another now.

Now I'm hungry for cheese...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK let's talk about ham instead......going on sale tomorrow, time for another one. Eggs $1.29/dozen, cannot find a sale. I need a couple to make dessert for Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That neighbor sounds like she doesn't know about boundaries....and why can't she stay in her home? Is it a mobile? We didn't have much in the way of that storm here in Houston....a little rain I think....

Ham...I decided instead of buying a ham and cooking, I called Cracker Barrell and ordered Easter dinner for 10....picking it up Saturday night and will reheat on Sunday....adding a 7 layer salad and green bean casserole and will make an angel food cake dessert. Well worth the money and I won't have to spend all day cooking....

Today I forgot my husband was going to change out the hot water heater ....I had volunteered to cook dinner for a family....no way was I going to try to cook chicken without hot water....so I ran to KFC and got a family meal...at least I know they will have a hot meal tonite…..but, we will be eating chicken for the rest of the week....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You all make me laugh. Everyone in our town knows my neighbor. She has run all her friends off. I see her daily because her husband has Alzheimer’s and I sit and talk to him. She has an opinion about everything especially politics and religion. When she’s wrong, I prove her wrong. She declared that Dr. Phil was not a doctor at all. I had to prove to her that he had a PhD from The University of North Texas, which is right down the road from us. I could go on and on.
    DH is off today, so, of course, everything stops around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She sounds like she is a delightful person to be around GB123....LOL....That's sweet of you to sit and talk to her husband....
    I had a friend like her....told her how to tell if eggs were fresh and she got mixed up...thought if they sank it meant they were bad...
    she called me one day crying and carrying on about Kroger selling her bad eggs and she threw away the dozen....I told her again and again she had it wrong but she refused to believe me....finally told her to google it and hung up.....notice I said "I HAD" a friend...gave her up as I couldn't stand her know it all attitude.....sometimes you got to let them go.....
    DH is off today also so I understand what you are saying about everything stopping.....HE CAN'T RETIRE....I would never get anything done.....
    Hope you all have a wonderful Easter......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked on the yard and the quilt today. Going to be sore tomorrow I think, lack of exercise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Headed to watch grandson play two basketball games today. Suppose to be in the 80s, so a nice day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I get it, I really get it. DH has been home for a month! Now that he can drive I send him out on errands just so I can get more done on the days I'm home from work. We did though start tackling the file cabinet yesterday, thank goodness it is a small one, only two drawers. We did make good progress, I think we did the majority of it. Went to a really nice Good Friday service last night. Stopped at Kroger on the way home, who would have thought that 9 pm on a Friday night would be a great time to shop. No one was in the store which is very different from when we normally are there. DH talked me into ice cream since it was on sale for $1.99 for the good stuff. I picked Sea Salt Carmel Truffle, oh my goodness is it good! I hope it never goes on sale again for the sake of me fitting in my pants!

It's supposed to rain all day so I am home catching up and I sent DH out to look for some stuff for me at S.A. He loves to shop so that will keep him busy for awhile.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I informed mine before he retired he better figure out how to entertain himself. So far, so good. My schedule is all messed up but I can't say it's his fault.

I got the second coat painted in the bathroom. I have half the ceiling painted now. I react to the stain blocker I'm using so can't tolerate being in that space very long at a time, which is why it's going so slow. I'm going to try using 2 coats of primer on the walls instead of 3. If it works I will save time and primer and be inhaling a lot less fumes. Triple win.

Husby and I are discussing what needs to be done to start the garage ceiling project. Then he can start on that while I keep on with the bathroom. Can't wait to get both done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you are sweet grammar! wow that is so cheap spirit ! never like that here. yes my hubby has a lot he can do but doesn't!!! dh wanted to go out. went out to a vintage place yesterday, got some half price fisherprice toys for my collection. stopped by walmart and the mall. did pick up my easter choc since dh didn't get it yet. body shop had a deal on sets of british rose body stuff 2 for $25 so got it for gifts. lovely scent.

my car is dead so looking at new to me ones. dh more of a rush then me. I am 4 days off relax. now pouting because he is watching youtube videos w sound on right beside me while I am trying to watch esp 2 of the Chronicles mysteries but will watch again sigh. what is it with men in after 55 a few years ago he would happily put on headphones and watch his shows on netflix or online. now it is what nothing taped that I want to watch .. pout... he has so many other things he can do.. I don't want to do much but like you guys say... so just gave up and will go do laundry lol... going to singing in the rain w mil today her mothers day gift. dvds to go back to library. more creamo to get. go look in the freezer for something for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

now he is in a mood cus I said something and hopped into the shower as I was going to do a hot wash. sigh. cat is peeing in the house again for no reason except whatever is in her mind. so bath mats need a wash. will be dealing w a bunch of kids all ages and types today ! at least his mom can set him straight lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    now he is in a mood cus I said something and hopped into the shower as I was going to do a hot wash. sigh. cat is peeing in the house again for no reason except whatever is in her mind. so bath mats need a wash. will be dealing w a bunch of kids all ages and types today ! at least his mom can set him straight lol
    lol talked to him and he is the kitten plays with the headphone wires ..so tell him no..and what was the excuse before the kitten. he is a good guy..was of those I love you but ... but at least then he went off and got the trailer insured so stuff can go to the dump. he complains he doesn't have time to do things yet this weekend has lots so why sit around. one of those weekends not a ton of people saying do this and that for me. and since we are taking his mom out she will be too tired to screw up the tv and will get some sleep. she has a type of dementia that has visions and since she is not on the proper antibiotics yet and another uti ..it is hit or miss at the moment. just not talking about anything that can trigger her.

and hopefully the prime rib I found in the freezer is ok to eat when thawed. looked in my easter stash and found some goodies for mil since she got some for the kids.