2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 33
Page 33 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter to everyone! mil was great ..didn't do dinner or anything after tire her out too much. good show and she loved it. sil had let her shop for easter goodies so that made her happy to do easter bags. frugal easter cus of the stuff I got on sale last year. first year no easter egg hunt. don't do dyed eggs because half the family doesn't eat them. chocolate for breakfast lol housework, laundry, kids games. binged on some netflix.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up with a headache, so didn’t do much today. Made 4 loaves of pumpkin bread. DH brought a salad home to me for lunch. I made salmon, zucchini, carrots and a green salad for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All I had to do was heat up the dinner....wore me out....went to daughters and it was low key....was her youngest 18th birthday...the 21 year old had to work and the 27 year old was there cause his gf and son was spending day with her family.....dinner was excellent. Cracker Barrel did a fabulous job....Too many desserts....I'm vegging out in my lounge chair watching tv....early to bed tonite….
    Hope everyone had a good day....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was having a good day all my children except one son was here one grandson and his wife was here then after everyone left i noticed the house was getting hot and the air not kicking off went to check the filters see if they were dirty was clean and the coils was froze over so now i am out air except fans.Went got printer ink last week got home found out something is wrong with printer so wasted $23.something on ink. For last 5 months if i didn't have bad luck i wouldn't have no luck. Hope every one else had a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to cut beet greens and spinach today and put in freezer. It’s suppose to rain starting tomorrow through Thursday. Hope I can get the kale cut and in the freezer in between rains. I need to work in my flowerbeds this week, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pouring rain here. chilly damp so heat is higher but dh is home so can't do too high like 80 is at 72 or 74 he runs hot. so making things in the oven to heat up the house and use up stuff. dh stomach isn't up to red pasta sauce so decided on the pepperoni perogies and craft beer bacon in the fridge ..threw them in the oven to cook. both odd things I bought to try. can heat up again for dinner or there is leftovers. bake some of the pillsbury cookies in the freezer got on sale. pulled a container of frozen chicken soup too.

the boys are ripping up the part of the carpet that is getting replaced by the vinyl flooring in the basement. dump run today. we went to look at a car, nope couple lots. so will see. contacted another person from craigslist. otherwise dvds to watch that are due back and crochet along project. kinda ugly now I put blocks together but will call it my ode to the 70s. housework of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put up 3 quarts of beet greens and 3 quarts of spinach in the freezer yesterday. Going to try to cut one row of kale today before the rain starts. Making lemon bars for a friend and repotting an aloe Vera for another friend. Dinner will be green bean casserole, chicken cooked in air fryer, baked potatoes, and a green salad. Suppose to start raining this afternoon and end Thursday. My garden will love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to Target today to get some cheap Easter candy. Said it was 30% off, but when I checked prices, they were full price. I wasn't going to deal with the hassle of trying to get it at a cheaper price. Walked out empty handed. So I guess that is a good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hadn't thought about discounted easter candy.. normally get some for the next year. family likes cheap chocolate so that keeps well as hard candy. kids at school and dh back at work. so the cats have to take over one peed on the throw rug by the bed so stepped on that.. not so young kitten playing in the toilet and of course wanted to walk and snuggle all over my chest. w smelly paws though I said no but now I smell and 2 floors to clean. think he went to the litter box before coming to me. or found a new place cat peed I don't know about. she is upset because dh is putting new flooring downstairs.

leftovers veggies and need to roast the marinated chicken for dinner. frugal well not happening lately always a bill or busfare or
    or or son on a eating binge again....put a payment on cc. we looked at cars yesterday too used.

got the printer working so I can print stuff for taxes which are due soon. guides tonight too. more laundry cus cats. library runs too because dvds and books due. didn't watch them all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made enchiladas with leftover chicken. Hope to make shrimp fajitas tomorrow.

The carpet finally got installed in the condo. A potential tenant will come see it. I posted new photos on Zillow.

I had to call our auto insurance and complained. When DH got his car,he deleted the old car from the policy to put this one on it. He was told the insurance coverage would stay the same... I checked and someone deleted collision & comprehensive for him and deleted uninsured motorists for me. He got a refund check back from insurance but never questioned it...Now, I see they have put that coverage on, but is my rate higher because they claim I "made a change to the policy?" I will call and have to argue again.

I got 5 bags of donations ready for this week. I'll see if I can find anything more. I'd love to donate other stuff, but it's not mine! ugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just signed a lease with the new landlord. Had to cross out the part where I was responsible for cleaning the furnace and plowing the driveway (!). Happy to be secure for another year, with no increase in rent.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put up 4 quarts of kale yesterday. We had storms last night,knocked out power and lots of flooding. It even flooded the parking garage at an airport. More rain today. I’m just doing laundry and making a grocery run.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The top layer of my license plate has been slowly peeling off, one number is gone and the rest of it has lifted up and a good strong wind would probably remove the rest. I couldn't get an appointment for Secretary of State office until 2 weeks from now so we ended up going there today. Usually you can text to get in line, so I was planning on doing that and hitting the resale store first but it was not letting me get in line via text so we went to the resale store and then signed in at S of S and killed some time going to Michaels, The Dollar Tree and McDonalds. Wasn't planning on eating out but we were so hungry so ate off the $1 menu. Thankfully they only charged us $5 for the new license plate.

It was 50% off, senior day at the resale store so I got a soap dispenser for my bathroom, curtain panels and a new kitchen rug. DH changed the oil in both riding mowers and put the batteries back in so they are ready now for mowing. He did cut the parts of the property that were already getting long. I hope to get outside after dinner and do some work in the yard. We had added some extra poles to support one side of the fence in the yard and they are not lined up with the top of the fence so I want to get out there while the ground is still wet and pound them down. DH is still not able to do that so it up to me.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Two free candy bars at the grocery today, and 3 bags of candy and 2 pkgs of spring Oreos all half price.

I'm slowly modifying a magnifier floor lamp to make a desk lamp for my work table. It's taking a while because it's a series of challenges I have to think through for a while before I figure it out. Today I figured out the hardest part, so will be able to finish that up before long. Total cost will end up being 29 cents instead of buying a whole new one for $20+. It won't look quite as nice, but will do the job as well or better, plus I will be using some things that previously had no use and was just clutter.

Husby wanted French dressing at the store, but I'm trying to get back to making dressings instead of buying them, for health reasons. It's also way cheaper. When we got home, I mixed up a batch using a recipe from AHA. He tasted a little and liked it, so I hope he likes it as much on salad. A batch fits into those little cruets Good Seasons used to give away, so that works out nicely.

I bought 3 pounds of BSCB and cooked it in the air fryer. I paid $1.69/lb for that instead of buying the pre cooked BSCB we used to buy at $4/lb. Slowly the new AF oven is paying for itself.

I don't think I mentioned I bought a lifetime national parks pass earlier this month for $80. That gives us free admission to hundreds of national parks and other federal facilities. It has already paid me back over 1/3 of its purchase price when we made reservations at a USACOE campground in Illinois for later this year, because the pass also provides discounts for things like campsites, which are half price. If only we could use it for gas! I'm so excited to finally have my pass!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spirit what is bscb? sunny today.. still carless but we getting a used volvo tomorrow. dh went and got my plates etc from old car before getting dd. I went to ihop w friend got a 2 for 1 deal cus seniors day and she is over 55 so bonus! did my errands got half price easter candy for next year and some for now. oh henry eggs are too expensive full price.

usual housework etc. used leftovers and made tomato beef veggie soup for the first time. kids activities a group over so they ate the leftover chips, ice cream kids aren't fond of etc.