2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 34
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bscb is boneless, skinless chicken breast

Last night I made pasta sauce using pumpkin puree, canned diced tomatoes, onions, garlic & spices. Used up some things sitting in the fridge. It was OK, needed something more - but only a little bit leftover. Hoping hubby will BBQ chicken tonight and I just make the sides. Cooking is really not my thing. I want to work on the quilt.
    Last edited by dlrcpa; 04-25-2019 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spell

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is going to be a gorgeous day. Making okra sausage gumbo for dinner over brown rice. Then going to courthouse lawn for concert. Bought strawberries 88 cents for a large pack and a bag of clementines for $1.39. Then on to Kroger for 5 containers of wet dog food free, grapes 88 cents lb. and cheese 99 cents pkg.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, the hammock I got my cat is quite sturdy and can take 26 lbs. It’s made by Karlie.

My dad won’t be home until Monday and I have his car until then.

My brother got an apartment from 6/15. It’s exactly what and where he wanted. He’s homeless for two weeks, but will stay with our mom in the meantime.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Signed a new lease with new landlord (building was sold). Rent stays the same. He is trying to figure out if he got my security deposit transferred to him. Not my problem, that's why you have a RE lawyer. Geesh.

Went on a photo expedition for findagrave.com, combined with two rummage sales. For $5, got a little frog pin, good size piece of quilt batting, some thread, two vintage magazines, long sleeved top, and a picture frame. Got a lot of walking done. Just grazed for dinner.
    Last edited by josantoro; 04-25-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby discovered Custer State Park in South Dakota is 100 years old this year, and the baby bison are being born now. The baby donkeys probably are, too. I think we may be blowing off some home improvement and heading west, but not sure yet.

I ran across a recipe for Tex-Mex taco salad, so made up a batch because it meets all my requirements for camping foods. We liked it, so it's going into the food list for second week travel meals. I'm getting a good inventory of recipes for travel now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I remembered to check my CVS Extrabucks and there was $2 waiting for me. Sent to card to be spent soon. Worked on yard cleanup before supper, going to work on quilt next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wrote a whole post and then poof, it was gone!

martha, I know what bscb is - boneless skinless chicken breast but SD is going to have to help me figure out what AHA is!

Went to S. A. after work. Found a puffy winter coat for Devil Dog, a new curtain for my bathroom and a dog training treat bag. I also bought two leather chairs, one is a Lazy Boy recliner and the other is sort of like a barrel chair but bigger. The recliner will go in the back (spare bedroom) tv room and the other will go in the livingroom. I paid $83 for both! DH looked the leather chair up online and new it goes for $1,300. I don't know how much the Lazy Boy is new but I know they are expensive. I walked in a Lazy Boy store a couple of years back and they are much too expensive for me. Very nice quality though. I was very happy with my score.

DH went to PT today and came home and made another gadget to do Pt exercise with. He checks out the stuff they have there and makes himself some of it to use at home. The thing he made today he made with a old windshield scraper extended handle and a knee pad. He reminds me more and more of my dad as he gets older! He was so proud of it he had to show me as soon as I got home. It's installed downstairs so it's not in the way.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AHA is American Heart Association. I bought a bunch of their cookbooks after Husby's heart attack.

We got our La-Z-Boys at rummage sales, a leather one for $75 and a fabric one for $20. You got a great deal! We used to go to a huge semiannual rummage sale and found fantastic deals on furniture, right when we were busily trashing our old crappy furniture. I still can't believe the nice stuff we found, all very cheap. I always went with a list and measurements, and we'd hit the numerous furniture rooms first. I usually got most everything on my wish list. They don't have that sale anymore and I still miss it, but it's probably a good thing or we'd be backtracking on the purging we did.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don’t know if any of you are having trouble with this site, but it took me forever to find it today. We went to the concert last night and it was all 70 s music. You talking about throwback. I cleaned my flowerbeds around the trees and porch and now I’m going to rest until time to get ready to go to a play tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for explaining the AHA, SD.

Gbug, I bet the 70's concert was fun. It's amazing how the words come back to you with certain songs. I know I would have been singing along to quite a few!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got out the window I want to install in the gh and did some figuring. Good news is I don't need to buy anything to replace the window glass with plex to lighten it up, or anything to do the actual installation. I know I did not pay much, if anything, for the window, so that part is frugal. It's a brand new window and, bu sheer luck a oerfect fit. Bad news is, I have to replace 3 original panels in the wall where the window will go. One is broken so needs replacement anyway. The other 2 will need to be replaced in the next few years, but after I put the window in, it would be a pain to replace them later. We will use them to replace some in worse condition now, and then replace with fiberglass when they really need replacement. We plan to replace all the polycarb panels over a few years to spread out the cost.

I'm so excited I finally worked out the details of this much needed project, and can start it next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- bscb is boneless skinless chicken breast. That was great at IHOP.

SD- You're so crafty! Great idea for the lamp! I'm sure it will turn out super. Sound like the park pass is a good deal. I hope the gov't doesn't shut down the national parks. Weren't they doing that at one point?

I made my appt with my old MD and will see him next week. He went concierge so that means a additional out of pocket cost that most people wouldn't do. He'll take my insurance and does extra stuff to balance out the $1200 concierge fee. I'm just glad to see him again as my other doc was leaving me with a nurse practitioner for 2 years. My last visit was him was him literally screaming at me for ten minutes about how horrible my bs was and then he left the room. So, no more of that. NOT frugal but I think that's what's best for me right now as far as medical stuff.

I donated about 7 bags of stuff. I originally said I had 3. I'll look for more items this weekend.

Dinner for tomorrow will be rigatoni w/ground beef & sauce. I made shrimp fajitas the other day but didn't have any as I had to get to work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The national parks were not closed during the shutdown. IMO they should have been, but that's a whole other story.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro, you can't put a price on your health so even if you have to spend a little more money, it's worth it to see someone who is truly going to help you. (I can't believe the NP screamed at you!)

DH put the old recliner, also got at SA, on Craigslist last night. Got two hits already. I hope to get rid of it this weekend. I think we're staying in today, cold, windy and tonight were supposed to get rain that turns to snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My little tomato seedlings are 6 inches tall now, ready to be potted. I started them less than a month ago. I added grow lights to the little greenhouse this year, and it's made a huge difference. I plan to build 1 or 2 more grow lights later this year. Being able to grow nursery quality starter plants at home would save us a lot of money, so I hope the continue to do well. If so, I plan to start a lot more next year.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast