2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suppose to work in costume closet today, theatre meeting this afternoon, followed by preview night of The Glass Menagerie. Don’t really want to do any of it. No cooking today. DH will have to eat lo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing going on here this week.....pack lunch go to work, then turn around and go straight home after work to eat supper at home. Only spend this week was on gas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No spend day. Raining and headache. Need to clean house, but it may have to wait.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH pressure cooked the turkey yesterday and when I got home I deconstructed it. at 7 this morning I put the new turkey bones and the bones from the freezer in a big stockpot, added the broth from yesterday, finished filling the pot with water and a glug of vinegar. I hope to can it tomorrow.

I've been working on the budget and I'm trying to find a good system to track my spending. Last year I bought a monthly budget book (on clearance) that I'm using to track my spending, I hope it helps. I also started writing in my frugal diary again. I do good for a while and then I get lazy. I have both books beside the bed and so far I've been logging both of them daily/as needed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Home today. Did some cleaning, laundry and phone calls. Worked on clearing off my desk which never stays clean for long. Put together dinner this morning so I only have to heat it in oven. I made a ham, rice and pineapple casserole that I got the recipe on here years ago. Don't remember who posted it, I really should write down who my recipes come from. That will use up some of the leftover ham from Christmas.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put a loaf of bread, 11 corn muffins and 4 bagels in freezer today.Got start using more out freezer it is packed full.Got out small pkg. pork chops to thaw to cook tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    marthamfi, that is very nice of you to stick out your volunteer position until June. Volunteering should be fun and something you look forward to doing, I agree that a volunteer position somewhere else would be better for you. Good luck on your search.

Same old, same old here. Nothing newsworthy to report.
    well it is girl guides so since I am the main person, can't just quit. not the girls fault. lets says there is a whole clique gossipy neighbourhood in our small city that thinks it is all that yet outside no one gives a rats ass. suppose to be rich area for our city (no means the richest in the mainland) but it is funny my older friend who grew up there was embarrassed to let people she lived when growing up because it meant you were very poor if you had to live in that neighbourhood. you know people who think the way they treat you reflects you but really it is them it reflects on. so why bother so many volunteer positions and my dd is basically done with guides/scouts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not much to report here either... housework, eating leftovers, did a grocery shop thursday..went in for few things but since new flyer that day decided to get what I needed for the next while all on sale. pet litter, dish soap ec that store had some specials just there choc milk gallon 2.99 cheaper then 4.69 for white. scheiders corden bleu frozen $6 instead of 10 bucks for 6 in a bag. so got 2. got a spring planter and she gave me a daffodil one that had a broken one for free.

got chinese food for dinner for me and the kids. always lots of leftovers from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was heating up previously frozen chicken shreds and cooking rice in the microwave for dinner. Then the microwave shut off. It broke. And we only had it since Christmas. The rice wasn't fully cooked but it's cooked enough to eat. Family had oven fried chicken and fries.

I've got some beef pieces thawing out. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe a stroganoff or in gravy over potatoes or something. I'm not buying much food until I get rid of some stuff around here. DH buys sausages and they're in the freezer, along with 2 hams. I have to see if we have any chicken. I'll eat crab stuffed sole as they're in the freezer too.

DS2 asked for cookies so I'll try to make some as well as banana cranberry bread and pumpkin pie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just had a nice surprise when I checked my bank accounts online. Iím on unemployment benefit and actually have to spend more money than I do to keep being qualified for it. I have significantly more than Iím allowed to in savings even after my January bills are paid. If they find out I could be told to pay them back.

I paid extra off on my student debt right away and I have a dentist appointment next week. I was actually worried about paying, but Iím more relaxed now.

Iím used to not spending a lot of money, so I donít really know what to buy without feeling Iím wasting money. Depending on the dentist bill I could look into new glasses. My glasses is more than three years old, and I think my sight has changed since. Not enough to bother me most of the time, but I think Iíll have a test done.

I could find some boots on sale and replace the ironing board I got free from a friend with a new one. Itís repaired with duct tape and there are holes in the cover. Might just replace the cover.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny here but chilly. I worked on the embroidery piece last night and got another layer done. I will either clean house and do laundry today or tomorrow. It depends on what DH has planned for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today our granddaughter spent the afternoon with her other grandparents. While she was gone I folded lots of laundry, read a couple of chapters in a library book, and cut/chopped veggies for supper and got it all into the oven. Also made brownies and gathered some donation items. It's cold and rainy here so it was a good day to stay home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No drive, no spend....day 2 still in my jammies. I've put about $200 worth of "exotic" heirloom garden seeds in 3 different carts but have not pushed they buy button.....yet. I only NEED to buy a few seeds but I really like to buy fun plants for in the garden too.

I canned a total of one gallon of turkey meat and 2 gallons of turkey broth. I also canned the bones and junk for the animals -1/2 gallon.

Cooked turkey and dumplings for lunch and supper. I used the last of the bag on peas, carrots and lima beans. I also used a pint of green beans and a small C
    bag of homegrown celery. Desert was pancakes with hm blackberry jam on top.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 20 cents off gas Saturday w/ grocery points. I have to buy gas about once a week because going to dad's house is a long trip. Working at home today. It is snowing outside, hubby will have to deal with it himself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I MUST clean house and do laundry today as I’m leaving for RI on Tuesday. Using up stuff to make vegetable soup in the crockpot today. No spending.

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast