2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 40
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3037383940414243 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro.. no not happy about not being able to get out of the cone lol he thinks he can outwit me but I have too many years of experience with cats for that. he has had many cuddles lol when he doesn't get his way he starts doing things like scratching couch etc last night knocking over the dry cat dishes over and over. did take it off this morning because it looks pretty healed. says keep it on for 10 to 14 days but I have never done that. running around getting into everything now.

way cooler here today so that is nice. ds back home from sleepover. he can go w dh to his moms. dh needs to set up her senior remote and bring her lilacs. we had taken her to a musical last month for mothers day. got one happy mothers day from one kid lol will stop by my moms too. got her her garden baskets. my car window went off the tracks so ended up going over to friends to get it fixed..bought a case of beer for him. borrowed her little green machine do to the couches. get rid of boy smell lol. mine isn't working and dh hasn't remembered to look at it. laundry and need to turn on dishwasher. plus run a load with bleach.

want to go to the states this weekend so will see. mentioned it and dh is well act surprised ..why we were going to clean your car for mothers day. ..I said my new car that is clean? isn't that like cleaning the house after I just cleaned it? not on the top 100 list of things needing doing around here. of course all the years when my car needed cleaning and I asked it..never happened. love dh but planning is not his skill set. so said you guys can clean the black mold in the bathroom and all the loose paint. has been that way for years and i am tired of it. looks so bad. will hire a painter to get it fixed proper after. dh tried years ago but didn't work.

trying to get them out the door so I can get to the housework. all the dry cat food over the floor can be put out for the crows. just got a one free car cleaning coupon/polish just hastily written in the last few minutes lol. said will that ever happen when I need it ..dh nodded but will see in a year lol all you moms can relate. they can do other chores. our moms don't want to go out for mothers day too busy and not their thing. plus half the family can't eat eggs so brunch is a waste of money. 2019 Frugal Challenge-happy-mothers-day-images-pink-watercolor-600x600.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought we had a sticky thread for household tips, but when I searched I couldn't find it. (first thing that came up on search was "Threat Intelligence Dashboard." Huh?)

Anyway, here is my tip. If you have an overabundance of free address labels like I do, take some of the ones with a lot of blank space and put them in a magnet clip on the fridge. Then when you are putting away leftovers, use one to write the date and stick it on the container. I live alone so long term leftovers plague me.
    Make America Kind Again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great tip, Jo! I'm sure that looks better than the masking tape I use.

Hope all you mothers are having a nice day.

It has been raining off and on. It was nice while I was eating breakfast but started up as I headed out for groceries, reached a peak as we were trying to get them indoors. Cleared up when we went to get my sewing machine, but started pouring before we got home so it is still in the car.

I'm going to try this for a pot luck tonight: https://thriftyniftymommy.com/bluebe...e-bake-recipe/
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the tip, I like that one! I never use the bigger address labels anyway so that will work out great.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep extra address labels at work for when I put stuff in the work fridge.
    I did a lot of sewing/rework of free clothes for myself today. We had leftovers for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

went to the states ..not always frugal but got things on sale with exchange still good price. found old fashioned koolaid packs! hard to find out up here with all the crystal light etc. and so much cheaper w teens. don't know why every time I have a car and it sees a mechanic it acts up even if it is a retired one. sunny but cooler then last week. doc appts today. one kid has off from school today and the other friday. not a great weekend. the usual housework, figure out something for dinner plenty to eat at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used the air fryer again to make chicken so as to avoid buying the precooked, more expensive stuff. The air fryer is slowly paying for itself.

Reusing fencing rather than buying new stuff.

That's interesting you can't find Kool-Aid there. We picked some up a week or so ago for 8 packages for $1. A couple years ago I modified a recipe for Dreamsicle cookies. It called for Tang which we never used for anything else. Tang is expensive and then we had to store something we don't use much, so I figured out how to sub orange Kool Aid. Happier now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was chilly this morning but already up to 65 and trending warmer. Spent some time this morning potting up the tomatoes and peppers. They were in tiny 1" starter pots that just don't hold enough moisture, and of course not enough room for the plants. Still so much to do in the yard, glad it is going to be a dry week.

DH drinks kool-aid in the summer, too. He likes being able to make it with his sweetener. I can get the packets here, but not always in the flavors I want. Lime is my favorite.

Had leftover bread pudding for breakfast, leftover pizza for lunch and there will be leftover chicken for supper.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you all had a nice Mother’s Day. Mine was quiet. My mom is in the hospital, but hopefully will go home in a few days. Cooked adobe chicken and veggies on my new grill tonight. Brought home tons of bread from soup kitchen today. Going to make bread pudding for a friend and for us tomorrow. I’m really tired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gb, I hope your mom is gonna be okay.

I'm cleaning and doing laundry today.

I got my annual info on heating and water consumption a few days ago. I used less than my landlord expected, so I'm getting $180 back next month. The building was sold a few months ago. I didn't know they can charge the tenants for a mandatory energy efficiency report. Otherwise I was getting $380 back. My rent is going up $3/mo. I use less electricity than the electricity company expected too, but it's paid separately every three months.

The 2019 Eurovision Song Contest begins tonight. I'm gonna miss watching all three shows with a friend I no longer live close to. It'll be the first time in five years. I'm visiting her in the weekend, so we can watch the final together on Saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free dinner out tonight. I have a donation pick-up today so glad to get more things out of the house. 6 of hubby's shirts are going to my brother, who agreed to take some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2019 Frugal Challenge-amarylc.jpg Here is my amaryllis that is currently blooming. Five flowers, each one over 7" in diameter. Got it for free a year ago at Christmas.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine—Rebates are always welcomed.
    Dlrcpa—Love anything free
    josantoro—Beautiful!

Going to make bread pudding today and clean the grill. Dentist appointment this afternoon. The sun is shining, and that is good. No rain until Saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dentist this morning, then I may do some shopping depending on how I feel. I have a 'free' Bath&Body coupon so I may stop on the way home. It's supposed to get up to 80 today. The tomatoes will love that.

Coconut soup and tuna salad for dinner.

Lovely amaryllis! Mine was red for christmas, and we saved it and planted it, and it looks like it is going to come back.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes it seems all the liquid stuff has taken over and just change with parenting.. no juice, no dyes etc. koolaid was a kids drink. smoothies..it is weird no koolaid but get the kids huge ice cream starbucks drinks. esp in middle school age. have seen lots of 3 yr olds with huge ones I can't finish. you can find a few packs here or there but not a whole row. the bigger containers w sweetener yes but that is $$$. and rather use real sugar then artificial. even crystal light is almost $4 for 10 single packs or 4 jugs. rather get frozen juice for that.

raining here which is needed. ran out and put some flower seeds in my permanent pots. was going to do stirfry but realized can use oven since i have the heat back on. but then just realized dh is not home for dinner so can just do something for the kids. frozen chicken strips etc. maybe frozen rolls.

thought my ultrasound was yesterday but is today. so had booked the other doc appt just before it. xray normal doc stuff yes your spine is getting worse go to physio. so live with it which is what most of the problems are. suppose to go out to dennys for friends bday but will see don't know time. plus ultrasound. guides today so getting that stuff together.

dh fixed my car stuttering problem for now. hole in lead ..new stuff on order. at least I can drive. plans keep moving for the week. usual housework. decided kids can do their own laundry now after mothers day. a juicer I bought but never used put up on fb and a friend wants it. believe i owed her for some garage sale stuff..old tenants stuff in garage..got new fiskers scissors. other cat needs a vet visit.. big patch of missing fur in his armpit