2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 44
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546475494 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    My mom passed away two days after her 97 th birthday. I won’t be on for a few days. Family is coming in. The funeral had to be delayed due to the flooding in OK. Unbelievable flooding and storms. We are bringing her back to Texas to be buried by my father.
    my sympathies to you and your family

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry, GB. That's a hard loss. I hope weather conditions improve soon for you all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB I am sorry for your loss. You have mentioned her several times here. I hope the trip works out OK.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- So sorry for your loss

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB, I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. I hope your travels go smoothly.

Good deals at the grocery store this week. Got strawberries and green beans for .99, cherries for 1.99, cucumbers 2/1. Chicken is .99, and Aldi has eggs for .59.

Picked up dinner from the local middle eastern place. There's enough salad, chicken and hummus to last the weekend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are in day #8 of a software outage at work. Basically cannot do anything the past week except study training materials. They FINALLY said we could take today off w/ pay. Fortunately weather is cooperating so I will do yard work and prepare for the dog club event Saturday (need to gather stuff and load the car.) Saturday weather looks good for that also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Prepared everything for my kids coming in. Visitation is tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I am tired, but I’ll make it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dehydrated 3 lbs of portobellos last night in hopes of saving money. I ended up with 4 and 3/8 oz of dry mushrooms. The cost was $12 for the mushrooms. I could have bought an entire pound of dried on Amazon for $28.45, so I won't be doing my own again. Even at the whole foods place, they're around $30/lb, and I can buy any amount so that's probably where I will buy. I'm glad I did my own for a price comparison, but wow, DIY is sure expensive in this case.

We installed the new camper handrail today. It should make the camper steps a little safer. We used a mix of stuff we had and some stuff we bought yesterday.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190531_122707_1559335865320.jpg

Doing the usual otherwise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry for your loss, GB.

Went for a hike in the park with nephews family after work. Nephew and son both finished with ticks on them, yuck! I don't know what it is but we never had problems with ticks until two years ago. Was thinking of fostering a heartworm positive dog going through treatment but declined when I found out she has slight separation anxiety. Dealt with that for 14 years with a prior dog (severe) and don't ever want to deal with that again. It seems weird to not have a foster dog here. For a short work week, it sure seemed long, looking forward to two days off.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- I'm glad the family is coming in to be there for you. I'm sending prayers that you find peace during this time.

SD- I had no idea that mushrooms dried to such a small amount. Yes, sometimes buying them prepared is less costly. You know how during the holidays, apple and pumpkin pies at the stores are about $2 or $3? I see those prices and think to myself how I can't make it for that price! But, I also remember that my pies are sugarfree and no weird ingredients. Then I kinda feel better.

Made ham & potatoes today. Will make scalloped potatoes & ham on Sunday since my hours change that day. I'll have more time to do things. Raining on & off today. DH put the lemon tree outside. It lost all of its leaves and started 2 lemons but he feels it is not healthy. Mind you, he trimmed it down to a Charlie Brown tree.....Anywho, it's outside with temps dropping to the 40's. Did I mention this is a tropical plant?

We had a great teriyaki chicken dish in Hawaii and I tried looking for recipes to recreate it. I see that people write that a particular soy sauce must be used and I don't have it in stores here. So, I ordered some on ebay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

has been sunny here. ended up at grocery store again today. wasn't planning to go out but got called for doc appt in the mall. nice that everything is very close here. library grocery store in the mall, medical, walmart etc not a big place and most of the top two floors are medical places. got my birth control pills for my period to make it better hopefully. but not the mixed hormone one so still have to watch don't need surprises like that in my 50s lol. bought some frozen japanese dumplings I boiled. used miso/ham stock cubes for flavour. my cheaper version of getting wonton soup from the local place. easy meal kids like. bogo hotdogs on sale icecream fudge bars. my mom gave me oranges and mandarins plus a pair of good levi jeans for ds. they fit she said give to someone else couldn't pass up good jeans for $4.
    you can you tell not into cooking this weekend. sat w friends in the food court and visited for an hour or so which was nice. ran into some else too. old coworker. kids have doc appts tomorrow so back there again.

got dh his kcups at walmart cheapest place there for them. and got some marked down packs of undies for dd and me. when people take one pair out of the pack so they mark it down. clearance racks near prescriptions got to look lol forgot the get rid of cat pee smell stuff there. soaked into the laminate. poured pinesol on it but now some baking soda. just smells like a rotten perfume now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB so sorry to hear about your Mom. Please take care of yourself....big hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB, sorry to hear about your mom.

I have a new piano student starting today, so, that will be good. Other than that and DS8's sports, I hope to bring a bag around to fill with trash/clutter, and then maybe some laundry, but it's the first weekend in a long time that I have nothing scheduled. And I am very much looking forward to it.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks like today's activities are going to be centered around getting ready for the busy week ahead.

I need to clean the fridge out and inventory the vegetable drawers. They are full, and yet when I look for vegs for dinner I'm not finding anything but celery, onion, old spinach, some oranges, a few dried carrots and cold cuts. I know there's corn in there that needs to be blanched and frozen. Then I can go grocery shopping.

I need to plant tomatoes and peppers, weed and mulch the garden. Since it is looking like it is going to get hot today, and not cooler as predicted, this will probably finish me for the day. We are supposed to have rain all week so plants need to go in now.

Leftovers for lunch. Chicken and green beans for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have some laundry going today, but that's about it. We are heading to a wake, and I don't know what time we will be back, so dinner will probably be a free-for-all.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."