2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 46
Page 46 of 108 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weeded around tomatoes and put Epson salts around tomatoes and roses. Got to trim and put up beet greens today. Need to do a few more thank you notes and sweep. Making lemon blueberry bread later. Got my walking in early this morning. It is really humid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning all. actually going to fitness this morning and then to my friends..bookkeeping. did go by yesterday but we just sat and talked over coffee instead. they had a busy couple of weeks. asked how her mil was doing in her new private carehome just got in there a few days ago. said she rings the careworkers to get her out of bed etc. she can do it just fine on her own. she was living with them for last couple of years. so they did the right thing she wants to be treated like a baby and do nothing for herself so now she is paying for the privilege. and they have their lives back. so win win..big family but you know how it goes only one sibling seems to do it all. mindset is everything when you are older. so her hubby I do bookkeeping is off on a fishing trip for a rest.

kids have colds. dd stayed home yesterday. hoping they don't pass it on to us. will stop at the local bakery too. need bread and milk. guides tonight special party.. mailing my expenses about $700 worth so need it back! have other banking too.

all the usual stuff of course. cat peed in my shoe..still smells after going though the washer. so out in the sun it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, I’m sorry about your mom. Take care of yourself.

I bought a bikini on 35% off sale today.

My cousin told me last week that his wife is pregnant. They found out today that they’re having identical twins.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, how exciting, twins!

martha, summer colds are the worst. Hope you and your dh don't get it.

GB, what does Epson salts do for the tomatoes? Never heard of that but I am not the most knowledgeable gardener.

Yesterday evening I put my hair up and was trying to look at it in a mirror, holding a hand mirror to see how it looked and saw a new mole on my upper back..........but no, it wasn't a mole, it was a tick! EEEEEKK! I have had ticks crawl on me a time or two and have grabbed them off but this one was attached. Luckily DH was there to remove it for me. Ugh, I hate ticks. I don't think it was on me for that long. I am going to be obsessive about checking the site for days.

I have pinto beans in the crockpot to make refried beans that I need for dinner. Usually I make a batch as soon as I use all that we have up but somehow it escaped me. Picked up pinecones that have dropped from the trees during our last wind/rain storm. Did some laundry and finally got to use my clothesline. I can't believe it's the beginning of June and I'm just able to use it. Way too much rain this spring. Usual day off, just catching up on everything around here. Still want to try to cut the lawn around the back of the fence in the yard. It has just been too wet and we have not been able to cut it even once yet. I'm wondering if that is where the dogs might have picked up the tick (being by the fence) and transferred it to me. I am missing my Hummingbirds, we had two that were here about every ten minutes but then a week ago they stopped coming. I'm hoping that they return or new ones start coming, I really enjoy watching them.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    cat peed in my shoe..still smells after going though the washer. so out in the sun it goes.
    Baking soda and peroxide might do it. That's what I found worked best when our old male cat was going senile and peeing everywhere. White vinegar and baking soda works, too.

Rabbit, epsom salts are actually magnesium and sulphur, two minerals that are good for tomatoes. Makes them grow well and keeps them healthy. I need to get some for mine.

Today's fun home project is bleaching the shower. Whee!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks CH. Do you just sprinkle it around the plants or dig it in the dirt? Our tomato plants have always done well but it can't hurt to improve them!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Thanks CH. Do you just sprinkle it around the plants or dig it in the dirt? Our tomato plants have always done well but it can't hurt to improve them!
    Two tablespoons per gallon of water. Water with this as normal once a month. Also good for roses I hear, but I don't grow those.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- Congrats to your cousin! How sweet! I am a identical and mom always said we were twice as much fun. She could never tell us apart and our older sis told us how much trouble mom had with that and what if we checked our birth certificate foot prints and my name is my sister's and vice versa? I told her to stop right there. Our names are our names at this point, no matter if mom got confused or not! Everyone laughed but it is a interesting thought.....

Rabbit- My OCD would be acting up every day once I saw a tick. So glad you caught it!! I had a horrible experience as a child and my teacher sent me to the school nurse when she saw it. It was a bad experience..... We have hummingbirds here. They are cute to watch. We have to make sure the feeder is always full and make a sugar/ water solution for them. They do battle with the finches, though as everyone thinks their beaks can fit in the feeder!

DS2 mentioned about getting a job. I asked if he thought his college work would suffer this Summer but he doesn't know....Nobody would know until we get into it, I suppose. I'm still debating on this subject. He is doing well and I don't want his work to suffer! So, I think that it may not be necessary at this time.

Martha- Sorry about your shoe. How rude. Your cats seem to know exactly how to ruin a perfectly good shoe! Ugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro, it sounds like you had a lot of fun. It's gonna be interesting if we can tell them apart We don't have other twins in the family.

I voted at the general election earlier and I'm on my way to dinner with my mom and brother.

I just read that our national flag is 800 years old in a few days. It's the world's oldest national flag. The legend says it fell from the sky during a war in Estonia as God's sign of good fortune and victory. The truth is that it's stolen from the crusade military order Knights Hospitallar. Flags with crosses dates all the way back to the Romans in the fourth century.

Name:  6_1350.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  128.3 KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is cool your flag is that old tine. twins! fun not for me lol but others. runs in dh family. I am glad we don't have ticks around here just makes me go yuck thinking of it like lice.

thanks for the advice re shoes. hasn't been sunny enough to leave out but will buy some more baking soda and see if that helps. think it is the type of material too in the shoe. she pees on so much ugh. maybe I just should keep her doped up on catnip lol reduce her anxiety. of course good excuse not to do anything in the house.

cancelled kids activities today don't need to infect more people outside school. need to grocery shop for milk etc. hit the local bakery for bread etc. should make more homemade chicken soup too. cooler so can use the oven. will see what is for dinner later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suppose to have storms, so I got out and ran to Aldis for mushrooms 99 cents, went to post office, went to Sprouts for onions and red potatoes 2 lbs. $1, Kroger for pineapple 88 cents( going to put one in freezer), Walmart for flour, flea medicine for dog, plants for the porch, and other odds and ends. Still hasn’t rained. Dinner tonigh will be leftover quiche and a salad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another fight w/ trash company since they decided not to pick up my yard waste again. I do see the $10.70 credit on my account from last time, so definitely going to demand again if it's not gone Thursday afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH reminded me of my plan to scrub the tile grout around the cook top. The winner is Soft Scrub with Bleach and a scrub brush. Luckily can turn on the exhaust fan while working. It seems about 80% effective. Will take multiple sessions. I worked about 30 minutes and stopped for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, Soft Scrub with Bleach is wonderful on tile. And glass cook tops.

I spilled some nasty yellow mustard on a favorite soft pink shirt this evening. It's a "good" shirt, too. Any advice on getting the stain out? I've already washed with soap. Will see how bad it is in the morning. I've read that vinegar might work.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished scrubbing after supper then I stopped and admired my "almost-new/clean" grout several times last evening.
    Want to go to JoAnn tonight w/ coupons. Really need new blade for rotary cutter and bobbins for the "new-to-me" Singer 760.
    LO pizza for lunch. LOs for supper unless hubby comes up with a different plan.