2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 50
Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is sad rujerro. I have seen those cards in book stores like coles or fancy gift stores. sunny here. lazier day just some housework and easy dinner. got rips sewn up in tent trailer, dh and ds cleaned out part of the garage ..all stuff hidden for years. trailer being filled for dump, load to thrift store. dd was without laptop sat so decluttered a bit .. two gift bags of stuff from mil were unearthed in garage...a total mix of things. kept 10% rest to value village. trunk is filled for tomorrow.

we had mil over for bbq for fathers day and went to classic car show. Italian and French cars lots of citroens going back to 40s one bugatti of course some ferarris.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- Congrats on the weight loss!
    SD- You're so clever! That was a great idea!
    Dlrcpa- Oh boy. I probably would've flushed the fish but I hope he cleaned out the trash can really well.

I found a gorgeous card for my friend. It opens up to a rather intricate gorgeous ship. The part where you can write has drawings of dolphins and the ship and dolphins are red. I asked DS2 if he thought she would like it and he said yes. The ship is not as frightening as a pirate ship but has large sails and is more square than a pirate ship.

I got a refurbished vacuum from Walmart and I don't usually buy refurbished items as they always have a problem. Well, this was no different. The handle wouldn't lock into the vacuum. It just sits there and you try to lift it and the handle comes away from the vacuum. I chatted online with Walmart and was told that I will be refunded for the vacuum and the protection warranty that I bought. I only got an email about the refund for the warranty... Looks like I may have to take the vacuum to Walmart for the rest of the refund.

For dinner tomorrow, we may have BLT's. Easy and fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer—Great job. Do you camp a lot?
    Dlrcpa—I don’t blame you.

Steam cleaning the carpet today. Was too tired yesterday. Making DH a chess pie at his request. Got to work on a set design for my next show. Think I will buy a new plant today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, hope you get a chance to use your camper. Sounds like you're making progress on repairs.

GB, it's a long story but we haven't camped much for about 4 yrs. We're getting back to it now, which is why I'm focused so much on camper mods, I suppose. We used to camp a lot. One yr we did 40 nights, 9,000 miles, over several trips. That was a great year!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, that's a shame about the vacuum. Just like Walmart, though.

Have to get some garden/yard work done today. Need to stay on top of things. Can't believe it is in the 60's today. It is warming quickly, though.

Want to go out to JA and HL. Need something quite specific for a paper craft project I was to have finished last week.

Dinner out and a movie tonight.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lately it feels like my days only have 17 hours in them! Summers are always busy with inside and outside work. The rain and cooler weather has really put a damper on how I envisioned June to be although trying really hard to go with the flow. I am waiting on a call about a pair of small foster dogs. They have kennel cough so as soon as they're cleared I will be taking my pack up to meet them to see if all goes well. The littlest one doesn't like large dogs but I think that is probably just fear and since Beastie is a wuss, it probably will go alright. With all the vegetables in season I decided to make roasted vegetables tonight for dinner. Have to make a salad too. We will certainly get our quota of veggies in today!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am now really looking forward to not working next year. In the meantime, have to go to work. Meatloaf for supper. I have done a pretty good job of clearing leftovers from the fridge this week. I returned & got another book at the little free library during this morning's dog walk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walked 2.64 miles this morning with neighbors. Suppose to have storms this afternoon. The heat index is suppose to reach 107 today. Think I’m getting in the pool earlier. Going to clean house and do laundry. Yesterday I cut my basil back and made pesto for the freezer and dehydrated some for winter use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the card sounds lovely. hopefully one day we will use it. going tent camping in a couple of weeks for a short time. my new to me car which will pull it needs some work first.

yesterday groceries, thrift store w mom, cat peeing on things in front of us one because too late to go out and doesn't want to use the litter boxes downstairs. so dh freaked out..rarely happens so makes and impression. on the backpack I got from thrift store so that needs cleaning anyways so in the tub w lysol for the night. just get the what is your problem look from her..I told you I wanted to go out. so she picked on the kitten and I woke up to the kids yelling at her peeing on my flipflops..and either she could have gone out or had been out since dh gets up before 6.

really windy need to go to store again plus other library dvd due. popped allergy pill already since woke up with headache. was going to get the sheets off the bed and wash them but miss pissy pants is sleeping so let crabby cats sleep. will make vet appt. dd stayed home from school last week and working on project at home. no idea what is for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unfrugally, we bought me an actual mattress for our camper, $100. It was that or quit camping. NO. It's become too painful to sleep on foam. Frugally, I did not order a custom mattress for the odd size bed platform. I filled in the extra space at the head and side by reusing foam and fabrics used previously for other projects, now defunct. I also have a leftover chunk of egg crate foam to put on the mattress for extra comfyness. Once this is covered with bedding, the bed will look like it's custom.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190619_180508_1560988071238.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free lunch at work if we listen to some sort of employee assistance program spiel. I signed up to go although waste of time. Need to make some chicken salad to take to dad's Saturday, maybe rolls too. Not so hot today. Still organizing sewing projects, getting some done.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got woken up by hail, thunderstorms, and the power going out. Just heavy rain today but it's a good excuse to stay home. I guess I will clean house because it is no day for the garden. I went out yesterday and got chiggered good, too. Annoying little #[email protected]!.

Hit a yard/sample sale yesterday. Woman sold her small business and was getting rid of a lot of crafts and stuff. I have a huge bag of new fabric to play with. I hope she had a good day because I don't think she's going to be able to put stuff out today.

I think we're good on groceries for a couple more days. We ate out twice this week so I still have ingredients to make several more meals.

Other than the thunder it looks like a quiet day ahead.

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my belated state tax refund check!! I had forgotten to send in one form. I thought they were going to say I was not eligible (renter rebate) but I got the whole amount, equal to more than a month's rent. I still don't understand it. This will almost pay for the new dental crown I need .... sigh.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

there was random power outages all over when it was windy but it stopped yesterday. though one cat is a pisser..discovered one litter box had 2 inches of wet stinky litter last night. got dh to dump it too smelly for me. sitting outside w bleach. ..kids got crap for not cleaning properly. their job. pulled out the old living room rug to clean but out in the backyard so smelly so just in the trailer for the dump. she pees on the dirty laundry in front of the washer so it had gone down on the rug. had got my money out of the rug. sometimes you just can't be bothered. basement smells a lot better. throwing dishcloths that never get clean either over the last year just worse and worse. like that funk when they go bad w bacteria bleach, sun, ammonia, etc tried it all. used them and then a couple hours later you use it and smell that bacteria funk of course after you wipe counters so you have to redo it all. so far a couple in the garbage. think it is the brand though it was bartender ones so you think well those types are well used so should be good.

pissed off the kids w logic before they left for last day of school. so all is normal sunny not hot so perfect summer day. agreed to sleepover for ds and friends tomorrow. weekend is booked w activities. not sure what is for dinner probably will just make frozen chinese dumplings in stock for kids.

still on the declutter binge mode.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hail and rain today. Some years, we got rain every day in the Summer and freak hail storms. Looks like another one of those years...

Had another test today. MD will get result next week. Surgery is necessary but it's the cost and location that I need to figure out. DH had set aside $ to pay the out of pocket expense. I didn't have access to that acct and it's all spent. I'm quite upset and have a plan to get the money needed to pay this bill. DH will not be happy about it.

Made enchiladas and pumpkin pie today.

We have a black walnut tree and I don't need a license or inspection to sell the nuts. I was wondering if I should do that. Then I wonder about getting liability insurance in case someone gets sick from them.

Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast